Glory Glory Leicester City

Day

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its refreshing to see so many derby fans admitting they dont like leicester tonight. I aint forgotton 1994... and every other internet media platform seems to suggest the whole world except tottenham are happy.

6 hours ago, steve brummie said:

Congratulations to Leicester City.

An incredible achievement!

And a special cheer for anyone who put a bet on them last August.

£50 for each penny stake is not a bad return!:thumbsup:

What does betting companies know? Leicester had higher odds winning the league than Kim Kardashian being chosen as a preseident of USA.

4 hours ago, Squid said:

image.png

I'd say I'm better in this Football manager lark 'cause I'd promise you win at least two titles after all those season in charge of Juventus, Inter, Atletico Madrid, Monaco et...

But well done Ranieri. It could've been easier in his previous clubs but at last he won something!

Sith Happens

Excellent, well done Leicester. Looking forward to the 30 million charitable donation to recognise the immense financial difficulties they placed on businesses and the local community.

I can't deny I have disliked Leicester for most of my life previous to this season. This season is different though, they have achieved what I thought I would never again see in my lifetime with a provincial East-Midlands city becoming champions of England.

The way their likeable manager has conducted himself has been exemplary, no mind games, media tantrums or snide remarks towards the referees.

What they have achieved is turn the Premier League's status quo on its head and given hope to many of the Football and Premier League's less affluent participants.

Well done Leicester! We can now all dream of glory. 

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Is anyone else amused by the extent to which all media coverage has to emphasise how insignificant Leicester are, the minnows, the nothing club, the league 1 club, the club the ranks Robbie savage amongst it's greatest players, etc etc etc?

It was the same when we won it the first time, and the same when Forest won it. The first thing that the media does is rub its collective eyes (and not in a Mousa Dembele way either) in disbelief, and the second is to over-egg the pudding, working on the premise that they might as well make hay because it can - and will - never happen again.

But it will - just perhaps not in my lifetime. Football is wonderful - and every now and again, it amazes.

First time I've commented on this thread, I apologise for not reading through it too.

I can say without any fear that my absolute hatred for Leicester cannot bring me to be even mildly happy that an East Midlands club has succeeded in such a fairy tale way.

I'm bitter for that play off final result, sat there at Wembley for ages after the final whistle. I'm bitter for the tonking we always seem to get when we play them. And I'm more bitter in the way they spawned there way out of debt and like a miracle started spending big money again.

Im pleased for the fans (slightly) but that's it. Hope they over spend in the summer, get lots of injuries due to playing too many cup games. Get fined by the FA for fielding an understrength side in the FA Cup. And to top it off get relegated with only 10 points.

So there!!!

COYR

9 minutes ago, ElBeef said:

First time I've commented on this thread, I apologise for not reading through it too.

I can say without any fear that my absolute hatred for Leicester cannot bring me to be even mildly happy that an East Midlands club has succeeded in such a fairy tale way.

I'm bitter for that play off final result, sat there at Wembley for ages after the final whistle. I'm bitter for the tonking we always seem to get when we play them. And I'm more bitter in the way they spawned there way out of debt and like a miracle started spending big money again.

Im pleased for the fans (slightly) but that's it. Hope they over spend in the summer, get lots of injuries due to playing too many cup games. Get fined by the FA for fielding an understrength side in the FA Cup. And to top it off get relegated with only 10 points.

So there!!!

COYR

A Derby fan who hates Leicester? 

You're a strange one, Beef :p 

Although there's a reason they always beat us, they're always getting hugely fired up in the dressing room over this local derby that means everything to the fans. Derby's players are having a nice chat.

Although thinking about it, I doubt it'll matter much to them any more. Success is a great cure for the affliction of not having a local rival.

Maybe we'll be able to beat them now.

Archived