Glory Glory Leicester City

Day

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Phoenix said:

Leicester's insufferable fans will be more insufferable than ever. If possible.

They're going to conquer the world now, you know.

I'll just ignore them lol

but... imagine being back in that city now, its going to be mentle for the next 2 to 3 months, positive energy and all that, they'll be bouncing for months after this. 

I tell you what though Pep Guardiola is absolutely going to p*ss the league the next few years with City, the lack of quality in the prem this season has been evident. Leicester need to keep their players but doesn't look likely. Kante's agent has met with Juventus and PSG in the last few days. Next season will be the test for them. What has made clubs lile Atletico Madrid and Dortmund successful over the years is that they have replaced their star players with future stars. Can do Leicester do the same with European competition to contend with? I'm not so sure but good luck to them, they"ll need it with the big clubs wanting their players

What a night for Leicester fans. Feels like a very surreal, bizarre dream.

"Sleep ok?"

"Yeah, had a dead weird dream though"

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, I was driving home after watching Game of Thrones, and I stuck 5 live on and Leicester City had won the Premier League"

"Wow, that is weird. Imagine if that actually happened though?"

"Yeah, wouldn't it be weird?"

"Not in our lifetime though"

"Nah"

Good on you, Leicester. Enjoy your night. 

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I tell you what though Pep Guardiola is absolutely going to p*ss the league the next few years with City, the lack of quality in the prem this season has been evident. Leicester need to keep their players but doesn't look likely. Kante's agent has met with Juventus and PSG in the last few days. Next season will be the test for them. What has made clubs lile Atletico Madrid and Dortmund successful over the years is that they have replaced their star players with future stars. Can do Leicester do the same with European competition to contend with? I'm not so sure but good luck to them, they"ll need it with the big clubs wanting their players

They wont do it again but, you can't take this achievement away from them, a season of being champions, champions league football for a season, getting to go away to madrid etc..

"if we drop back into the championship i wouldnt give a **** not after this nothing can take this away from us champions forever in my eyes"

^ true.. but then again blackburn fans said the same thing when they won it and now they moan and moan and moan lol

17 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I'm not convinced it's the greatest sporting achievement EVER.

The only people who think it are also believe football was invented in 1992.... The forest comparison they keep going on about was direct from promotion and also included a league cup win.....and then as we all know back to back European cups and the super cup...if they do that the maybe it is as good as our jolly neighbors achievement.

9 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Its great for the normal fans of the game, the ones who dont support man utd or chelsea.

But still doesnt change the fact I have never liked leicester since 1994.

That was what I don't get with the Arsenal and Chelsea fans being so happy, they have failed even worse that Tottenham ah well.

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

I'm not convinced it's the greatest sporting achievement EVER.

I think it's the most surprising league win ever . Bbc list us winning in 1972 but we were already one of the top teams finished 4th in 1970. Really only forest winning in 1978 comes close but they weren't competing against the serious wonga of Man City and Chelsea. Teams from the East Midlands seem to be the most surprising. 

Archived