The Optimistic Rams view on 'Arry

Dale The Ram

I was going to post this sooner but as Harry has been appointed (is it official yet?) I will try to increase the positivity amongst our fans with respect to the appointment.

I believed that 'Arry was going to become Clements assistant at the start of the season after a very telling interview on Final Score;

When questioned on his future Harry said that his dream is to work with a young inexperienced manager in order for them to reach their potential, he seemed very passionate about this in his interview which was admirable for a manager of such notoriety to want to put his focus back into the next generation of managers.

After hearing this interview and with us being linked with Clement I thought it would be Harry's ideal scenario to work with a young manager like Paul and help him through his first steps in management.

Instead Paul opted for Peacock and Philips, both inexperienced in their posts.

I never thought that after Darren was appointed that Harry would wish to work with him due to his reasonably low profile in comparison to Clement.

From reports it seems as though Darren has admitted his weaknesses and has sought after a more senior figure to guide him through his own first steps into management, if this is the case then I can only admire Darren for his honesty and also his desire to grow into the role as head coach.

I just hope that Harry will be able to work his magic on Darren and help iron out the creases in his managerial naivety which is expected of him due to his age and experience.

And let hope that Harry and Darren and Kevin can get our lads fired up Saturday and send those Red Dogs back home with their tails between their legs.

This may not be a fairytale season but I believe we a building for a much brighter future!

COME ON YOU RAMS!!! 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Rammeister said:

@Daveo Have you got the technology round here to have tunes playing when a comment is read? I was thinking 'Land of Hope and Glory" or "Jerusalem"...

Oh yes! Just like they used to on Ryanair when you landed on time! 

but then it all goes back to why would a club striving for success want their first team coach to have to be trained on the job? Swap the roles around, have Harry as the main man and let Wassall watch and learn. Look at Ryan Giggs, he wants to be a manager but is quite happy to be number two until hes ready.

Nice positivity though

1 hour ago, MrsRam said:

Got to be a rendition of 'Knees Up Mother Brown' from the South Stand Massive on Saturday, surely. 

Inverurie In Da House will be singing this on his own on the South Side Sofa which is Masive, on Saturday, surely.

"Come on come on
Hurry up Harry come on
Come on come on
Hurry up Harry come on
We're going down the pub
We're going down the pub"

5 minutes ago, Jon_Grooves said:

but then it all goes back to why would a club striving for success want their first team coach to have to be trained on the job? Swap the roles around, have Harry as the main man and let Wassall watch and learn. Look at Ryan Giggs, he wants to be a manager but is quite happy to be number two until hes ready.

Nice positivity though

The man we want isn't available in the summer, Mel realised that Clement was a mistake and doesn't want to make another by appointing a second choice?

2 minutes ago, Jon_Grooves said:

Not sure how your reply is relevant to what i said

Read your first sentence again. If there is any truth in my flght of fancy, and there is somebody waiting in the wings but he cannot start yet (perhaps a Euro 2016 manager), then if Mel is not prepared to appoint a second choice, he has no choice but to wait, no choice but to appoint from within, no choice but to bring in help as an guide to Darren Wassall.

37 minutes ago, Jon_Grooves said:

Nice positivity though

Can we not just have some one thread without the negativity please!  Good on you @Dale The Ram  foor the positivity ! I'll be fickle and jump on the 'arry' band wagon!  Harry redknapps barmy army  ( sorry too soon )

16 minutes ago, philmycock said:

And we really think Darren asked for assistance????!!! Like really?

Yep... as part of a weekly meeting with Mel n Sam, the question, is there anything else which will help you do your job comes up every time. So given he has only Short with him, whist PC had about 8 in his video analysis team alone..... then Im sure he did ask for another assistant or an experienced head to help.

Strange as it may seem but Mel has 200% more respect for darren than you, and many derby fans do.

16 minutes ago, philmycock said:

And we really think Darren asked for assistance????!!! Like really?

It could be that after Shackell's strop on Saturday Wassell went to MM and said **** this **** Mel and MM not wanting to lose face after stating Wassell would be in charge for the remainder of the season asked him to stay with Redknapp keeping an eye out and dealing with gobshites rocking any boats. Who knows, the only thing that is certain is we don't know the in's and out's of the situation.

Here's an idea, we've got all summer to bitch about things, let's get behind the lads, something good might come out of it. :)

Archived