The Optimistic Rams view on 'Arry

Dale The Ram

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, eddie said:

Why does it matter?

I suppose I'd prefer it if the current custodeon of my club recognises that his chosen one isn't experienced/skilled enough rather than be told by that said person. I've always had more respect for my bosses that know what they're doing and what's going on rather than me have to tell them! Does that matter? Dunno, probably I think.

23 minutes ago, eddie said:

Why does it matter?

It may matter on a cumulative totting-up basis Eddie if Arry has indeed been foisted upon DW, this further to Mel's sudden fallout with PC and the interference in the changing room. It would perhaps be perceived as another sign of it's Mel's way or the highway.  Not conducive to attracting a decent manager in the future.  The really decent ones are going to want to be allowed to manage; they will not appreciate meddling.

Anyway this is the optimistic thread. I think Mel is doing an absolutely fantastic job. What a guy!

On 16/03/2016 at 22:25, philmycock said:

I suppose I'd prefer it if the current custodeon of my club recognises that his chosen one isn't experienced/skilled enough rather than be told by that said person. I've always had more respect for my bosses that know what they're doing and what's going on rather than me have to tell them! Does that matter? Dunno, probably I think.

If it wasn't this, it'd be something else. Some people are only happy when they're not.

10 minutes ago, eddie said:

If it wasn't this, it'd be something else. Some people are only happy when they're not.

I beg your pardon? I'm a very happy Derby fan, through thick and thin. Am I not allowed to think DW is out of his depth? Thank god Harry here to save the day!!

8 hours ago, philmycock said:

I beg your pardon? I'm a very happy Derby fan, through thick and thin. Am I not allowed to think DW is out of his depth? Thank god Harry here to save the day!!

I'd bloody hate to read one of your more downbeat posts.

With only nine games left there's no way someone from outside can come in and evaluate our players properly ,, maybe this is to see if a partnership of wass and Harry , with wass learning on the job could work effectively going forward with the bonus it might hit the ground running and we go up?either way no negativity from me as it shows Mel knows wass ain't ready to fly solo at this level,,,, Mel obviously sees qualities in wass that make him perhaps want wass to be the right man long term 

Archived