Harry Redknapp

Gap tooth ram

2 hours ago, admira said:

Let's see how 'arry compares at each elevantrf htns clubs and overall against recent Rams managers.  These are their win percentages in order, best to worst:

Name / Win %

1. Steve McClaren 54.26

2. Harry Redknapp (Tottenham Hotspur) 49.49

3. Harry Redknapp (Portsmouth 1st spell) 46.55

4. Billy Davies 44.93

5. Darren Wassall 42.86

6. Paul Clement 42.42

7. Harry Redknapp (Portsmouth 2nd spell) 42.19

8. Harry Redknapp (Overall) 40.29

9. Harry Redknapp (Bournemouth) 39.39

10. Harry Redknapp (West Ham United) 37.00

11. George Burley 36.45

12. Harry Redknapp (Queens Park Rangers) 34.29

13. Nigel Clough 32.90

14. Harry Redknapp (Southampton) 26.53

15. Paul Jewell 22.41

16. Phil Brown 21.21

Let's hope it's Tottenham Harry and not Southampton Harry

That's very heartening.

1. Steve McLaren-shouldn't have gone. Something f@ckt up. We'll never know what.

2. Harry Redknapp

3. Harry Redknapp

4. Billy Davies-Great stuff from Billy but unfortunately turned us Into a/the global embarrassment that continues to this day. Like the horror psycho girlfriend with the killer body we wish we had never met.

5 Darren Wassell-Been around for 10 minutes so demographically Irrelevant.

6. Paul Clement-See Darren Wassell

7. Harry Redknapp

8. Harry Redknapp

9. Harry Redknapp

10. Harry Redknapp

Exciting times, If he comes that Is.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People do forget that Harry Redknapp defeated us in the season that many will regard as our 'best' in terms of enjoyment since the Jim Smith days. Lucky or not, he got them up. We stayed down and we're still here.

If he comes in until the end of the season what is there to lose? We're three points away from 7th so it's not out of the realms of possibility that our season will be over, and perhaps not in the way we'd have expected, on May 7th. What this does say, if it happens, is that Mel would actually quite like promotion this season. We wouldn't be bringing in a guy to 'assist' who has spent the large part of his career in the top-flight if we were content on just seeing the season out and seeing what happens.

If 'Arry comes in, then regardless of what happens I don't think he'll be here this season. I don't think he would be in our plans for the future, and I doubt we'd be in his plans for the future. He's nearly 70, he had to leave his last job due to an operation and he still relies on his overseas based dog for pocket money (:ph34r:). All he will bring here is a wealth of experience and knowledge. No dodgy signings, no financial involvement. 9 games, 12 at the very most. That's it.

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

Or some people aren't happy even when what they want happens?

True. I am still trying to make sense of it all. Probably no point as this wont end well. And I was stood right next to Harry as he started his public walk to collect the trophy. Fully expected to be greeting our players walking towards me.....

30 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

True. I am still trying to make sense of it all. Probably no point as this wont end well. And I was stood right next to Harry as he started his public walk to collect the trophy. Fully expected to be greeting our players walking towards me.....

Are you Steve McLaren?

4 minutes ago, scarboroughwa said:

Are you Steve McLaren?

nope. Just looked forlorn and numb on tv. Even moved into the empty seat at half time to greet our team. Was high up....IF we won play offs not sure I could go through 1) journey there and 2) the emotions.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Who said he is going to be 'technical director of football'?

You've all been crying out for experience and now we have it you will all nice on to the next thing to moan about.

What is wrong with having Redknapp alongside Wassall? You never know he might even pick up on this 'experience' that is so vital.

We still haven't got an experienced coach in the fact that Wassall is still in charge of 1st team affairs - Rednapp is senior advisor [as he does like the term technical director of football] - I agree its better than just Wassall, but if the club has brought in Rednapp at the request of Wassall, doesn't it mean the club agrees Wassall is out of his depth?

Why not just bring in Rednapp as first team coach till the end of season and move Wassall back to the kids?

Let Rednapp do all the first team affairs...................

FFS, it was crying out for somebody like Rednapp when we sacked Clement as we still had a chance of the autos then...........

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

We still haven't got an experienced coach in the fact that Wassall is still in charge of 1st team affairs - Rednapp is senior advisor [as he does like the term technical director of football] - I agree its better than just Wassall, but if the club has brought in Rednapp at the request of Wassall, doesn't it the club agrees he is out of his depth?

Why not just bring in Rednapp as first team coach till the end of season and move Wassall back to the kids?

Let Rednapp do all the first team affairs...................

So do no other managers have a no 2 to help out?

Maybe the want to see if Wassall can become a better manager with someone to give him a bit of guidance?

On the assumption that you have had a job at some point in your life, I guess you just hit the ground running on day one with no training, help or guidance?

• 2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So do no other managers have a no 2 to help out?

Maybe the want to see if Wassall can become a better manager with someone to give him a bit of guidance?

FFS, it was crying out for somebody like Rednapp when we sacked Clement as we still had a chance of the autos then...........Have we not learned anything over the last few weeks?

4 minutes ago, toddy said:
  • FFS, it was crying out for somebody like Rednapp when we sacked Clement as we still had a chance of the autos then...........Have we not learned anything over the last few weeks?

Aren't we in a better position now then we were when we sacked Clement? 

16 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

What questions did he bat away?

Any mention of a new manager was met with 'we are reviewing it' when there are managers like Pearson out of work for example. I'm not knocking SR for going on the moan-in but it was a futile exercise for me as most of the current griping is about Wassall.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Aren't we in a better position now then we were when we sacked Clement? 

No, we were 5pts off the autos then, with 16 games to go.

This appointment or something similar should have been done back then and we could have been pushing top 2 now - instead we are looking at Plays off at best.........

11 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Any mention of a new manager was met with 'we are reviewing it' when there are managers like Pearson out of work for example. I'm not knocking SR for going on the moan-in but it was a futile exercise for me as most of the current griping is about Wassall.

Most of the current griping about Wassall is regarding a single decision.

7 minutes ago, toddy said:

No, we were 5pts off the autos then, with 16 games to go.

This appointment or something similar should have been done back then and we could have been pushing top 2 now - instead we are looking at Plays off at best.........

Look on the bright side...

It gave you something else to whine about.

9 minutes ago, eddie said:

Look on the bright side...

It gave you something else to whine about.

Is it a moan from you Eddie, yep something that is guaranteed on here from those without opinions........

Its a shame you don't have an opinion then you may be able to debate rather just having a dig especially when you don't like a fact.......................

further to my stupid post, I've seen owen bradley and others on twitter say Redknapp has confirmed hes joined us to two national newspapers. I can't find any traces of either story quoting him, anyone got a link? 

I'm still struggling to see the point in bringing him in, I just don't see what he'll bring to the party - 

Motivation - He may well be a legendary motivator but he'd gonna take time to get to know the players and what makes them tick.  A luxury we don't really have.

Tactics - A classic 4-4-2 manager, not exactly the Derby Way.  I've posted about it a couple of times but in the Play Off Final he was about to sub Junior Hoilett until Clint Hill jogged over to the touchline and told him he was their only viable out ball for any counters.  So Hill subbed himself.  Who teed up Zamora's goal (apart from Keogh)?  Junior Hoilett.  None of his sides have played with any particular style and his greatest piece of tactical nous was recognising Gareth Bale wasn't the best left back in the world but might make a decent winger.

Coaching - He's the first to admit he doesn't get his boots muddy and left all the coaching to Joe Jordan/Kevin Bond/Schteve etc.

Transfers - The windows shut so only loans & frees are viable for another couple of weeks.  Who could he really bring in in improve us?

So if it's merely to hold Waffall's hand and squeeze it really hard when he's about to do something stupid did we really need the circus that's come with the announcement, why not just bring in a solid coach who's been there and done it like Mike Phelan or Brian Kidd???  I can't imagine many people would get so offended at the thought of either of those two coming to the club in an "advisory" capacity... 

Archived