Alan Nixon - Managers

YouRams

2 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

Can't you remember when Arthur Cox got Newcastle promoted to the top division, and then left to join us in what is now Leauge One?

It can and has been done before. 

He left Newcastle (oh the irony) on a matter of principle, not because we went knocking 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, HKRam said:

I am afraid the ship is already sailed for Pearson.

As confirmed by both Bris and Mostyn, Pearson's camp took the initiative and contacted DCFC but was given a "thanks but no thanks". Apparently, MM had already made up his mind at that point about DW's suitability. Would you expect MM to eat his humble pie and go back to Pearson now, in the middle of the season? Can't see that.

Plus if I were Pearson I would rather take the Boro job. I mean unless I want to stayed local, Boro is better career-wise. The club is better managed with competent people. At least there is no intervening Chairman there.

If this is actually true than the shambolic depths of how far the bumbling idiot moronic Morris can go are even further than I thought. 

2 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Exactly, if success wasn't being measured by promotion, then why would it matter if he sacked him during or at the end of the season, which was your original point.

Because if you are unhappy with an employee and they are failing to follow orders then there is absolutely no reason to keep them in their job.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Because if you are unhappy with an employee and they are failing to follow orders then there is absolutely no reason to keep them in their job.

There is, if there is no better option available. Of course it depends if them orders are to play certain players, or a certain way, then you may as well do I yourself, or maybe get a muppet to do it for you??

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why stick with someone you are unhappy with?

If we went up with Clement could he really then sack him? How would that go down with the fans? 

So is that a reason to make things worse ... which Mel has done by his decisions. 

We're a laughing stock according to people with no stake, just professional football commentators.

Do we trust Mel to choose the right person? Not any more.

3 minutes ago, DRBee said:

So is that a reason to make things worse ... which Mel has done by his decisions. 

We're a laughing stock according to people with no stake, just professional football commentators.

you are suggesting, in the way you word things, that Mel KNEW Wassall wouldn't succeed and deliberately decided to give him the job regardless.

Have you even made a mistake? My opinion is that Mel shouldn't be choosing and Sam Rush should. BUT, I also think that Mel gave Wassall the job for decent reasons, it just didn't work.

Name a club that hasn't made a bad managerial decision.

21 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

you are suggesting, in the way you word things, that Mel KNEW Wassall wouldn't succeed and deliberately decided to give him the job regardless.

27 minutes ago, DRBee said:

I know DRBee said he would not trust Mel to choose the right person, because someone of MM caliber should know better.

As to why you twisted DRBee's wordings to the exact opposite, I do not know.

16 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Have you even made a mistake? My opinion is that Mel shouldn't be choosing and Sam Rush should. BUT, I also think that Mel gave Wassall the job for decent reasons, it just didn't work.

What's the saying about losing one parent is maybe regarded as a misfortune but losing both is carelessness 

2 minutes ago, HKRam said:

I know that DRBee said he would not trust Mel to choose the right person, because someone of MM caliber should know better.

As to why you twisted DRBee's wordings to exact the opposite, I do not know.

read the comment he was responding to.

38 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

There is, if there is no better option available. Of course it depends if them orders are to play certain players, or a certain way, then you may as well do I yourself, or maybe get a muppet to do it for you??

Not if you think keeping him in the job will make things even worse. Just my take on it there by the way, not something that MM said. 

28 minutes ago, DRBee said:

What professional commentators have called us a laughing stock? Send a link please, I would like to see that?

Do we? Not sure because I don't know who the 'we' is that you are referring to.

If we are judging on life success to date, yes I would expect MM to choose the right man, or at least trust his decision over that of the armchair critics.

28 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Burton Albion 

2 hours ago, HKRam said:

Plus if I were Pearson I would rather take the Boro job. I mean unless I want to stayed local, Boro is better career-wise. The club is better managed with competent people. At least there is no intervening Chairman there.

Yes, he's "intervened" to the tune of about £50million  so far.

Do you have an alternative investor waiting to take over and "intervene" to the same level. What, No? Thought not. In which case Do one.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

McFarland was poor, Pesci isn't regarded as a success.

Back beyond Nigel, I cannot recall who was manager, but I bet they had some duffers.

McFarland got them promoted, Pesch kept them in the league.

Previous mangers include - 

Sammy Crooks, Peter Taylor, Ian Storey-Moore, Neil Warnock, Steve Powell and John Barton

4 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

McFarland got them promoted, Pesch kept them in the league.

Previous mangers include - 

Sammy Crooks, Peter Taylor, Ian Storey-Moore, Neil Warnock, Steve Powell and John Barton

Hang on. I thought Nigel got them promoted!

7 hours ago, YouRams said:

Nixon has tweeted saying - Derby, manager(s) they want not available until the summer, difficult even then.

Thank the Lord we are actively looking, might even renew my season ticket now. Mel has no choice but to go for a big name, hence the "difficult" I'm guessing O'neill or possibly Rodgers.

Nixon yet again stating the obvious.

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:
4 hours ago, HKRam said:

I am afraid the ship is already sailed for Pearson.

As confirmed by both Bris and Mostyn, Pearson's camp took the initiative and contacted DCFC but was given a "thanks but no thanks". Apparently, MM had already made up his mind at that point about DW's suitability. Would you expect MM to eat his humble pie and go back to Pearson now, in the middle of the season? Can't see that.

Yes, he's "intervened" to the tune of about £50million  so far.

Do you have an alternative investor waiting to take over and "intervene" to the same level. What, No? Thought not. In which case Do one.

A commonly used argument here. And as many arguments used by the fanboys, this one is so wrong at so many levels that I think it would do the community a service if someone compile a list of "common myths" or something.

As for your "if you dislike MM so much but he was the person who invested so heavily" argument, for one thing, exactly because MM used £50million (your figure), it leaves less money for the new head coach to spend. It's not because MM's short of money; rather, it's because the £50million push the club closer to the FFP limit.

Hence I said why Pearson would prefer the Boro's job.

Anyway, as MM has declined Pearson already as confirmed by Bris and Mostyn, further debate about Pearson is meaningless.

Archived