Alan Nixon - Managers

YouRams

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bcnram said:

But the truth is that Roy Mac was left with something like a 17 point lead by Clough and managed to literally crawl over the line only because another team (was it Histon?) didn't win on the last day of the season.

The truth is we've recently seen how easily things can go badly wrong and how difficult it is to get over the line! Roy Mac took them up.

1 minute ago, Jaybosh75 said:

stoke,Southampton,west ham in my opinion haven't made bad decisions on there managers.

Stoke and Southampton have been in the third division this century. West Ham appointed Avram Grant. Try again.

16 hours ago, DRBee said:

So is that a reason to make things worse ... which Mel has done by his decisions. 

We're a laughing stock according to people with no stake, just professional football commentators.

Do we trust Mel to choose the right person? Not any more.

16 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

you are suggesting, in the way you word things, that Mel KNEW Wassall wouldn't succeed and deliberately decided to give him the job regardless.

Have you even made a mistake? My opinion is that Mel shouldn't be choosing and Sam Rush should. BUT, I also think that Mel gave Wassall the job for decent reasons, it just didn't work.

Name a club that hasn't made a bad managerial decision.

3 minutes ago, Jaybosh75 said:

this season never mentioned about the last hundred yrs lol

well even still, looking at the fact that the majority of clubs don't have a manager that's been there longer than 18 months. I'd say a lot make bad appointments.

I cannot access LMA website at work, but they have a list, by time, of all managers currently employed.

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The truth is we've recently seen how easily things can go badly wrong and how difficult it is to get over the line! Roy Mac took them up.

OK, I will settle for despite Roy Mac, rather than because of. Having said that he is a great bloke who I have a lot of time for.

3 hours ago, bcnram said:

OK, I will settle for despite Roy Mac, rather than because of. Having said that he is a great bloke who I have a lot of time for.

You settle for what you like.Roy Mac,took a team that had been put together,over a long period,a club that stability was

a byword,and with a lot of tension got over the line.

remember the present is a product of the past.

Burton Albion-----Derby County--Sheff Utd all these clubs are better for his input. 

Nigel Clough on his cv is a good manager,,and whatever happens Burton Albion are a well run club

48 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

You settle for what you like.Roy Mac,took a team that had been put together,over a long period,a club that stability was

Burton Albion-----Derby County--Sheff Utd all these clubs are better for his input. 

Nigel Clough on his cv is a good manager,,and whatever happens Burton Albion are a well run club

Should be two good games next season..................

4 hours ago, Jaybosh75 said:

this season never mentioned about the last hundred yrs lol

who did they appoint this season ??

2 hours ago, trevor1946 said:

What on earth do you think I have said? I couldn't disagree with any of what you have said above.

Archived