Alan Nixon - Managers

YouRams

6 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Karanka is just another Clement, boring football and wasting money on average players. Downing was 6m and has been a waste of space. If people honestly think he is the answer then this club is doomed.

That's part of the big fallout downing wasn't his signing, and because he's a fan favourite and a chairman signing he finds him hard to manage. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, YouRams said:

That's part of the big fallout downing wasn't his signing, and because he's a fan favourite and a chairman signing he finds him hard to manage. 

So why did the players meet behind his back then? What about all the others players he's brought in for good money to play boring football? I mean maybe there has been a fall out with Downing but when you spend big cash you expect more just like we did. Rumours going about that the players say he's a bully etc, then has a team meeting and storms out. Doesn't add up like you say to me.

We need a manager that can nuture what we had first 80 mins yesterday, not another Clement clone.

34 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If Karanka bought George Friend with him then he gets my vote.

Hopefully we have learned our lesson in giving out jobs just because of friends....

Dyche likely to be managing a Premiership club next season and will drop down a division to manage us yes right oh. Pulis read some of the West Brom forums he's even more rigid then Clement was and plays an atrocious style of football. Karanka perhaps would question his temperament and man management credentials after this week. Pearson it is then. 

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why stick with someone you are unhappy with?

If we went up with Clement could he really then sack him? How would that go down with the fans? 

Sack him in case he is successful....can't see this new philosophy catching on

52 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

I know 2 managers available in the summer, they are both managing teams in Manchester at the mo.. Seriously though i cant think who they would be

Jim Gannon and John Askey?

@tomsdubs he wouldn't be my first choice, but I do think managers get a hard time of things. As Ramage always says your not just managing football players now your managing millionaires. They might not have taken kindly to a young firerey manager "dictating" to them. And Downing could be getting more "respect" from the other players than the manager is. With our big money big earning players, we need an experienced manager that warrants respect from day 1 and doesn't take any BS. 

1 hour ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

If we went up with him then Clement would have done a decent job and would deserve to stay on.

Using what basis for measurement.

With the funds extended to him we should have been ripping up 75% of this league and doing it in style.

If the brief given to him was 'get promoted in any way possible' then yes I would agree it would have been a success and impossible to sack him.

1 hour ago, Inglorius said:

Dyche likely to be managing a Premiership club next season and will drop down a division to manage us yes right oh. Pulis read some of the West Brom forums he's even more rigid then Clement was and plays an atrocious style of football. Karanka perhaps would question his temperament and man management credentials after this week. Pearson it is then. 

Can't you remember when Arthur Cox got Newcastle promoted to the top division, and then left to join us in what is now Leauge One?

It can and has been done before. 

6 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Can't you remember when Arthur Cox got Newcastle promoted to the top division, and then left to join us in what is now Leauge One?

Football hasn't changed at all since then?

15 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

I can and I still can't believe it in todays context 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Measuring success using other people's parameters...I dont see that catching on either

Exactly, if success wasn't being measured by promotion, then why would it matter if he sacked him during or at the end of the season, which was your original point.

4 hours ago, Inglorius said:

I am afraid the ship is already sailed for Pearson.

As confirmed by both Bris and Mostyn, Pearson's camp took the initiative and contacted DCFC but was given a "thanks but no thanks". Apparently, MM had already made up his mind at that point about DW's suitability. Would you expect MM to eat his humble pie and go back to Pearson now, in the middle of the season? Can't see that.

Plus if I were Pearson I would rather take the Boro job. I mean unless I want to stayed local, Boro is better career-wise. The club is better managed with competent people. At least there is no intervening Chairman there.

Archived