Derby County vs Nottingham Forest

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're a fickle bunch to be sure. A hard-earned win and not a pretty one but a valuable 3 points against a team intent on playing no football at all. Toss up between Hanson and Olsson for MOTM and please, please, please Dazza, let's keep Ince on the left side in future. :)

Thought we managed the occasion pretty well today, no good picking apart individuals cause everyone played their part. 

Cat believe how bad Forest were either, we're so fragile at the minute and they weren't interested in doing anything other than go in late at every opportunity.

First half was poor, we made them look like Real Madrid, but second half was pretty good.

Not a Russell fan, but he improved us massively when he came on. Johnson was awful, really awful. Ince (My MOTM) is much better on the left, his link up with Olsson very good. What a finish by the lad. Unlikely hero.

Bryson was unreal, none stop all game.

Great win, the celebration for the goal was mental. Happy days! 

oh, and JAKE BUXTON'S A FOOTBALL GENIUS. 

1 hour ago, HKRam said:

They are certainly making things difficult for us.

They've got tactics right: press high on the pitch + break up our play by technical fouls + counter-attack. On the other hand, we've at least two things wrong (or at least we did not do much right) IMO, judged by what I've seen in the first 45 minutes.

To go back to the two mistakes I mentioned at half time:

One I have already mentioned which is not using the width of the pitch. The other is allowing Keogh to do his Beckenbauer thing today. Not saying that Keogh should never bring the ball out of defense, and his multiple attempts today were, luckily, successful. But when Forest was set up to press high up on the pitch, Keogh dribbling into the opposite half is simply going to create problems.

You can compare the setup we had for today's game, versus the setup Benitez had for the the Leceister's game. According to Carragher, Benitez had already showed his impact in his new club, by asking his players to do specific things to kill Leceister's pressing and counter-attacking. He pointed out that Rob Elliot, for instance, was instructed to kick every ball from his area long, which effectively stopped Newcastle being counter-attacked and stop the pressure from N’Golo Kante and Danny Drinkwater:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3499454/Rafa-Benitez-not-fireman-s-winner-intense-methods-having-effect-Newcastle.html

That's why Benitez is a tactical genius and Wassall, is well, an amateur.

34 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Vital win but the only players who can be proud of themselves are Hanson, Olsson, Bryson and Ince. The others were poor apart from Thorne who was ok.

Do you ever stop moaning and giving "likes" to other moaners. Perhaps take a break from the Rams would be my advice

Bryson MOTM for me and was great to see Bucco back. I have no idea how Forest managed to end the game with 11 players on the pitch. We didn't look great, but this is a whole different game to the rest of the season and what matters here is the bragging rights.

My dog has enjoyed all day. First he got liver casserolecake (it's his birthday!), long walk in the woods, got chance to watch football (yes, he does it. Little fixation to ball..) and now rest of the day his owner is full of smiles!

Maybe some football in the garden later in the evening and his day will be perfect.

Don't care if we weren't like Brazil 1970, don't care one bit, we've just beat that lot from down the road.....get in, hope everyone has a great night :thumbsup:

Carson, job done

hanson - loves a tackle didn't hide not much going forward but job done

kegoh - what you ecpect

shackel - his job is to defend he does it, if only somebody would take the ball off him and pass it forwards properly

olson - some excellent crosses a great goal mom for me, ( he doesn't win many headers though)

thorne - some good blocks and forward passing he was needed today

hendrick - covered a lot of ground without the ball but no one gave him good ball

bryson - similar to hendrick with better success 

johnson - the lad tried  but the game passed him by mainly but I do believe his time will come at some crucial moment

ince - a couple of efforts at goal and could have played in hendrick and Bryson several times but didn't but did play in Olson for the important goal

martin - not much ball near him offensively but defended set pieces well

subs - Russell - some good balls and energy when he came on

buxton - you would follow him onto the battlefield at agincourt 

Christie - n/a 

( ward - I like him and the little so and so, went close, we didn't replace him with anyone did we!)

10 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Just read the report on BBC site. They must have been at a different game to me. 

Written by a gutted forest fan trying their best to be neutral. If the result had gone the other way it would be gushing. Most media coverage loves certain clubs (west ham anyone?) but we only ever get grudging praise. 

Archived