Jim Smith - 1 win

Colin Todd - 1 win

John Gregory - 2 wins

Billy Davies - 1 win

Paul Jewell - lol wins.

Steve McClaren - 3 wins

Paul Clement - 0 wins

Darren Wassall - 3 wins

Now sit in the corner and look at how disgraceful a fan you have been to Darren Wassall.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Jim Smith - 1 win

Colin Todd - 1 win

John Gregory - 2 wins

Billy Davies - 1 win

Paul Jewell - lol wins.

Steve McClaren - 3 wins

Paul Clement - 0 wins

Darren Wassall - 3 wins

Now sit in the corner and look at how disgraceful a fan you have been to Darren Wassall.

And the one in charge of the most expensivey assembled team is......Wassell.

the only one with no managerial experience is .....Wassell

and I am sure Jim Smith had record of W2 D2 L2 after six league games.  

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

yes. He's not really relevant to the conversation and I don't want it to be about him.

Lol how can you conveniently choose to exclude a manager from list if the whole point I assume of your post is to highlight comparitively Wassalls record after 6 games relative to other Derby managers 

2 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Lol how can you conveniently choose to exclude a manager from list if the whole point I assume of your post is to highlight comparitively Wassalls record after 6 games relative to other Derby managers 

well maybe it is relevant, I think he won four in first six. Just goes to show 6 games is not enough to judge.

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

yes. He's not really relevant to the conversation and I don't want it to be about him. He also wasn't experienced.

Wake up......Clough had been a manager for well over five years, probably nearer ten.   

well maybe it is relevant, I think he won four in first six. Just goes to show 6 games is not enough to judge.

Fair enough I'll ask the question another way then, on the evidence of the first 6 games would you predict that Wassall will be a successful manager this season

5 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

Wake up......Clough had been a manager for well over five years, probably nearer ten.   

He actually came to Derby with less football league management experience than Wassall had this season.

3 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Fair enough I'll ask the question another way then, on the evidence of the first 6 games would you predict that Wassall will be a successful manager this season

It's far too early to say. Genuinely I thought Jim Smith was rubbish, and I thought Billy Davies wouldn't get us up after six games, so I am holding off just now. 

Fans defend managers who don't get to buy their own players, Clough was defended for years and years, but Wassall, not even ONE transfer window, and he's rubbish!??!

yes. He's not really relevant to the conversation and I don't want it to be about him. He also wasn't experienced.

Excuse me but Mr n clough had experience of being a first team manager? Now you can bang on all you want about the level of experience but I'm sure the minimum the fans and players want is some one who has done the job before level of experience ,,,, clement did not fit that criteria and wassell is miles behind clement in those terms ,, mostyn your loyalty to Mel and wassel is admirable but way off base mels made a blunderbuss this season and wassell Sadly will carry the can and cop it for being in a position he should never have been put in ,,,, about time Mel came out and saved wassels skin by making it clear that he has taken the role temporarily as a good servant to the club whilst the search for the next permanent manager goes on, and don't give me the old chestnut about the players not performing if they think wassel is temp as the decent ones with the right attitude will and the ones that don't won't anyway and need ****:;g off out of it when we get the right man in charge

Surely a fairer comparison would be managers who've taken over during a season, rather than include those who had a pre-season to shape the squad?

Who of them took over a squad in the top 6?

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

It's far too early to say. Genuinely I thought Jim Smith was rubbish, and I thought Billy Davies wouldn't get us up after six games, so I am holding off just now. 

I'm asking a straight question you've seen 6 games do the performances inspire you do the tactics and player selection instil a feeling of confidence my opinion is no for what it's worth purely on the 6 games would welcome your opinion

Don't see why the number of draws is not relevant in that list.  And the quality of the squad and of the opposition played must also be considered.  As well as the general standard of football played in the 6 matches.   The fact remains though, 6 games is hardly enough time to judge any manager, even if it is hard to be impressed with what we have seen so far.

Archived