first six game stats.

Mostyn6

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

We were 4th when he got sacked, is that not progress?? And who said the morale and fitness was ruined?

as Mel said to me "there's no point even discussing it with you, you've made up your mind..".

I'm out, you're making me bored of myself having to repeat the same SET OF answers for you (and others) to pick out singular references.

It's tiresome that people refuse to put ALL of the reasons together for the decisions made, knowing that individually those reasons don't justify getting rid.

If my car had a problem with brakes, I wouldn't scrap it, if it had a problem with the radiator, I wouldn't scrap it, if the engine management light was on and there was boost/exhaust problems, I wouldn't scrap it, but if all of those were there, and some more, at the same time, I'd probably get rid.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

as Mel said to me "there's no point even discussing it with you, you've made up your mind..".

I'm out, you're making me bored of myself having to repeat the same SET OF answers for you (and others) to pick out singular references.

It's tiresome that people refuse to put ALL of the reasons together for the decisions made, knowing that individually those reasons don't justify getting rid.

If my car had a problem with brakes, I wouldn't scrap it, if it had a problem with the radiator, I wouldn't scrap it, if the engine management light was on and there was boost/exhaust problems, I wouldn't scrap it, but if all of those were there, and some more, at the same time, I'd probably get rid.

No need to throw your toys out the pram, we are talking about DW, and 6 games is enough to judge him.  You seem to get very upset when people don't agree with you, and don't believe that what decisions  Mel has taken recently are the correct ones.  

I would say it's tiresome about the same posts regenerated from the same users about how we are better off now, it's a long term aim we have, we don't want to scrape promotion via the plays offs etc, but it's their opinion and they are fully entitled to it.  

Feel free to put me on ignore, or abuse me for having my own view on what I have seen on and off the pitch, I promise I won't go on a big rant about it with seems to be the theme at the moment, however if you are going to reply to one of my posts then I will put across my point of view :-)

40 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

No I'm saying he hasn't got any managerial experience other than a couple of years managing a bunch of kids, and at any other club at this level wouldn't have even got an interview.

So he has motivated Chris Martin ? As for playing to his strengths, possibly yes, and probably explains the gulf between the back 5 and the rest of the team that is now evident on the pitch. 

On this basis the managerial species has a life expectancy of about 40 more years before they die out from the game altogether.

I actually agree with the second point, could it also be attributed to lack of fitness?

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

No need to throw your toys out the pram, we are talking about DW, and 6 games is enough to judge him.  You seem to get very upset when people don't agree with you, and don't believe that what decisions  Mel has taken recently are the correct ones.  

I would say it's tiresome about the same posts regenerated from the same users about how we are better off now, it's a long term aim we have, we don't want to scrape promotion via the plays offs etc, but it's their opinion and they are fully entitled to it.  

Feel free to put me on ignore, or abuse me for having my own view on what I have seen on and off the pitch, I promise I won't go on a big rant about it with seems to be the theme at the moment, however if you are going to reply to one of my posts then I will put across my point of view :-)

I am not abusive except when reacting to abuse and I don't think you've abused me. 

As it happens, I would have never appointed Wassall, I can say that in clear conscience, but what I cannot abide in clear conscience is the general abuse he is receiving and has done since day 1! How is this man supposed to perform? His every move is being pre-judged and post-judged, his every honest mistake, similar to those made by much better and more experienced managers, pounced on as an indicator. At this rate Derby fans will NEVER find a manager good enough, simply because Wassall is being measured against (compared to) a standard which doesn't exist! 

I am upset, but not cos of people disagreeing with me, but because the treatment being dished out is disgusting IMO. I don't work in Derby, I spend most of my time out of Derby and have always been proud to be a Derby fan. I wear my Derby gear and show my Ram tattoo with pride usually, but this witch hunt is undeserved so early into Wassall's and Morris' Derby careers.

Don't get me wrong, there will be a time when it's acceptable to say "no, he's not good enough", but right now, as fans, we are not providing him, or the players, the nice environment to thrive in, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

Mel made the wrong decision IMO, but for the very right reasons. One day, very soon, he may make the right decision for the right reasons. But I also have to say, Mel is a shrewd man, he's made his millions off decisions, I haven't. Whether that vision transfers over to the football business... who knows?

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

On this basis the managerial species has a life expectancy of about 40 more years before they die out from the game altogether.

I actually agree with the second point, could it also be attributed to lack of fitness?

Not really, become a no 2, cut you teeth at  a lower level club, etc...however it's also down to more than that for me, he just doesn't come across as a manager, his interviews, his post match comments, his actions on the side lines and mainly that o can't see for the life of me, the style of play he is trying to implement.

For me it's the lack of a DM in that area, so given Thorne isn't fit, then yes you are probably right that it certainly contributes to it.

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

Not really, become a no 2, cut you teeth at  a lower level club, etc...however it's also down to more than that for me, he just doesn't come across as a manager, his interviews, his post match comments, his actions on the side lines and mainly that o can't see for the life of me, the style of play he is trying to implement.

For me it's the lack of a DM in that area, so given Thorne isn't fit, then yes you are probably right that it certainly contributes to it.

Jury is still out on Wassall for me, maybe the small positives are clouding my judgement and he may not be the man for the job long term, but I don't see hounding him out after 6 games covering our club in glory.

Just off the top of my head McDermott, Rodgers and Adkins were all given jobs in this division despite no managerial experience and went on to be pretty successful.

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Jury is still out on Wassall for me, maybe the small positives are clouding my judgement and he may not be the man for the job long term, but I don't see hounding him out after 6 games covering our club in glory.

Just off the top of my head McDermott, Rodgers and Adkins were all given jobs in this division despite no managerial experience and went on to be pretty successful.

Rodgers first two jobs left both clubs in the relegation zone when he left, McDermott was sacked from his first two managerial jobs, Adkins was player manager at Bangor and given a job in league one where he took the club into the championship.  I get your point though, and exceptions can happen, sometimes.

19 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Rodgers first two jobs left both clubs in the relegation zone when he left, McDermott was sacked from his first two managerial jobs, Adkins was player manager at Bangor and given a job in league one where he took the club into the championship.  I get your point though, and exceptions can happen, sometimes.

Yes thought about what the comeback would be after posting them! It was more aimed at the point that he would not have even got an interview for the position at other clubs in the league!

Adkins was actually promoted from physio to manager!

55 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I am not abusive except when reacting to abuse and I don't think you've abused me. 

I haven't and wouldn't, I may slip in the odd bit of banter but that's about it :-)

We will have to agree to disagree about DW and MM, i still will and continue to support the manager and team whilst at the ground, but for me he has turned watching Derby back into a chore.  I have crossed off a trip to Rotherham and charlton as the result of the football he has served up, I enjoyed watching PC games because I believed we would get a result and enjoyed the style he had implemented (pre Boxing Day), the same as I enjoyed the BD promotion season, under DW I feel we have lost direction and his comments around building on an great performance against Huddersfield makes me wonder what games he is actually watching.

As for MM, no doubt he is good for club both short and long term, however I believe he needs to take a step back and reflect on what he is trying to do and how to go about it.

18 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

As for MM, no doubt he is good for club both short and long term, however I believe he needs to take a step back and reflect on what he is trying to do and how to go about it.

How can you be so sure about the first point, the second point is spot on and not likely to happen.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How can you be so sure about the first point, the second point is spot on and not likely to happen.

Good point, I suppose I am comparing him against previous owners of the club, and his investment to date.  The two may as you say be linked, and without the latter then the point about him being good for the club may not turn out to be a correct statement.

Don't give me that rubbish that there was a lack of fitness under Clement. We were top on december 26th for goodness sake. Clement has trained some of the best players in the world who don't have a single thing bad to say about him. Maybe it's more a case of that the derby players weren't good enough to keep us with his demands

7 hours ago, McLovin said:

Don't give me that rubbish that there was a lack of fitness under Clement. We were top on december 26th for goodness sake. Clement has trained some of the best players in the world who don't have a single thing bad to say about him. Maybe

it's more a case of that the derby players weren't good enough to keep us with his demands

I have been critical of the way the sacking of PC was carried out. I was particularly surprised at the timing.I got the usual opposite views from the usual suspects,but was surprised to be told that fitness levels were low,the players were told to play in a negative way,and all confidence had been stripped. No evidence,just accusations,they had to have started from somewhere and I believe it was deliberate.All this was the fault of PC,a manager who has been assistant manager to 3 of the top teams in Europe,Funnily enough 1 of them was playing in the Champions league last night,and the other 2 are playng each other tonight.

Archived