first six game stats.

Mostyn6

2 minutes ago, archied said:

Excuse me but Mr n clough had experience of being a first team manager? Now you can bang on all you want about the level of experience but I'm sure the minimum the fans and players want is some one who has done the job before level of experience ,,,, clement did not fit that criteria and wassell is miles behind clement in those terms ,, mostyn your loyalty to Mel and wassel is admirable but way off base mels made a blunderbuss this season and wassell Sadly will carry the can and cop it for being in a position he should never have been put in ,,,, about time Mel came out and saved wassels skin by making it clear that he has taken the role temporarily as a good servant to the club whilst the search for the next permanent manager goes on, and don't give me the old chestnut about the players not performing if they think wassel is temp as the decent ones with the right attitude will and the ones that don't won't anyway and need ****:;g off out of it when we get the right man in charge

firstly, this is not about Clough's experience, this is about people judging Wassall unfairly on his first six games. I'd say, as Wassall knows the Derby players, and Clement didn't, Wassall was perhaps more qualified and suited than Clement. I have no loyalty to Morris, nor Wassall, other than to be realistic when judging both.

I agree that Mel has made howlers, and I didn't want to bloat the squad and criticised it at the time and still do, but Mel made it clear that he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't (imagine PC failing and then saying MM didn't back him!).

My opinion on whether DW will succeed remains open as it's so effing soon! BUT, he is being very harshly judged so soon. and I think the fans that are vocally criticising are a shameful representation of the club.

I don't disagree with the last sentence, but will point out that you cannot sell players at this point of the season, you've got what you've got.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I'm asking a straight question you've seen 6 games do the performances inspire you do the tactics and player selection instil a feeling of confidence my opinion is no for what it's worth purely on the 6 games would welcome your opinion

I have seen little bits, like certain players getting smiles on their faces and some team spirit again. Tactics and selections worry me a little.

2 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Don't see why the number of draws is not relevant in that list.  And the quality of the squad and of the opposition played must also be considered.  As well as the general standard of football played in the 6 matches.   The fact remains though, 6 games is hardly enough time to judge any manager, even if it is hard to be impressed with what we have seen so far.

well Mr Highgate, feel free to do that research mi duck! :lol: 

16 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

He actually came to Derby with less football league management experience than Wassall had this season.

It's far too early to say. Genuinely I thought Jim Smith was rubbish, and I thought Billy Davies wouldn't get us up after six games, so I am holding off just now. 

Fans defend managers who don't get to buy their own players, Clough was defended for years and years, but Wassall, not even ONE transfer window, and he's rubbish!??!

Who would you say was the most experienced manager.......Clough or Wassell ? 

Look for me this has nothing to do with judging wassel on 6 games as we should not be in an scenery of judging him on6 games or him being judged ,,,,, Mel is losing the fans even ardent supporters of Mel like myself are growing suspicious ,, ok the clement gamble ? Worth a punt? Poss but to put wassell in saying the job is his till the end of the season and his to lose given he has far less experience than the failed gamble we just sacked and to be fair sacked under strange circumstances ( I would have got rid personally),, my suspicions ,, ? My nagging worry? Does Mel want a rookie yes man so he can play football manager for real? I hope I'm very wrong but Mel needs to realise quick that' that's the signal he is sending , if he is one of our own he needs to treat us like he is with us and we are with him

Would love to see what the much maligned managers we fans laud as idiots there first 6 games...

Tim Sherwood,Jon Carver anyone there just off top of my head.

I feel sorry for Wassall, had to accept the position... 

But its job for the boys I'm afraid...

Direct your anger at the guy at the top... He's the one ruining your football experience... 

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

Would love to see what the much maligned managers we fans laud as idiots there first 6 games...

Tim Sherwood,Jon Carver anyone there just off top of my head.

I feel sorry for Wassall, had to accept the position... 

But its job for the boys I'm afraid...

Direct your anger at the guy at the top... He's the one ruining your football experience... 

Totally agree if I was was given the Chelsea coaches role by Abramovic I'd take it despite having no managerial experience whatsoever Morris put Wassall in charge buck stops with him....and if the next question is who else would hehave gotten in my reply would be he also created the situation by recruiting Clement then firing him half way through the season again buck stops with Morris

Shame we don't play with these moving goalposts, we might actually do better.

6 games ago we were told it wasn't about results, it was the performance why Clement got sack, now we are ignoring that and quoting the results. Just to balance things up, PC lost 5 games in 30, DW 3 in 6 against average teams.

He is out of his depth, is was evident from day 1, and this period has just confirmed it.

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

6 games ago we were told it wasn't about results, it was the performance why Clement got sack, now we are ignoring that and quoting the results. Just to balance things up, PC lost 5 games in 30, DW 3 in 6 against average teams.

He is out of his depth, is was evident from day 1, and this period has just confirmed it.

it's not moving the goalposts, it's about giving him a fair crack of the whip.

Ask me if I think he's the man or if I am happy with what's going on, and the answer is no on both fronts. But given the fact he's being accused of ruining the season/club etc, with above average stats for a new-starter, then I'm gonna call "bullsausage"!

6 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

What did he do on day 1 to make it evident he was out of his depth?

Without this evidence it will just confirm you, like many, decided to write him off and now would not change your minds.

Interesting to read the Chris Martin interview and see how DW handled thar situation...not bad for a man out of his depth.

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

it's not moving the goalposts, it's about giving him a fair crack of the whip.

Ask me if I think he's the man or if I am happy with what's going on, and the answer is no on both fronts. But given the fact he's being accused of ruining the season/club etc, with above average stats for a new-starter, then I'm gonna call "bullsausage"!

I'm pretty sure that is very evident to see in the pitch, that DW is not taking us forward.  6 games in and we haven't played one decent game, we still haven't got a consistent 11, he is not improving players, and we have lost all signs of a style of play.  MM was the one that said 5 games is enough for him to be judged against the same benchmarks as PC, and 6 in and he has taken us backwards at an alarming rate.

Why wait another 10 games to judge him on what is clearly evident now, he is not good enough.

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I'm pretty sure that is very evident to see in the pitch, that DW is not taking us forward.  6 games in and we haven't played one decent game, we still haven't got a consistent 11, he is not improving players, and we have lost all signs of a style of play.  MM was the one that said 5 games is enough for him to be judged against the same benchmarks as PC, and 6 in and he has taken us backwards at an alarming rate.

Why wait another 10 games to judge him on what is clearly evident now, he is not good enough.

performances have been no worse than under experienced managers Jewell, Clough and towards the end, McClaren.

There is plenty of room for growth in performances, and it's a lie for you to say they have got worse. The back end of Clement's games were much much worse, and as I say, you're lying if you're saying the PC games that we didn't have a shot were better than the last 5.

17 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What did he do on day 1 to make it evident he was out of his depth?

Without this evidence it will just confirm you, like many, decided to write him off and now would not change your minds.

Interesting to read the Chris Martin interview and see how DW handled thar situation...not bad for a man out of his depth.

From day one it was clear that he was brought in as a motivator, not a manager but the best motivator at the club.  If we wanted someone with this skill set, we should have brought in a holloway, Harry or Warnock.  

I haven't seen the Martin interview, what did he do?

16 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

performances have been no worse than under experienced managers Jewell, Clough and towards the end, McClaren.

There is plenty of room for growth in performances, and it's a lie for you to say they have got worse. The back end of Clement's games were much much worse, and as I say, you're lying if you're saying the PC games that we didn't have a shot were better than the last 5.

Didn't PC get sacked though for them performances ?

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

From day one it was clear that he was brought in as a motivator, not a manager but the best motivator at the club.  If we wanted someone with this skill set, we should have brought in a holloway, Harry or Warnock.  

I haven't seen the Martin interview, what did he do?

Or Mr Motivator possibly? 

Are you suggesting that Wassall has no football experience other than being a motivator?

Basically says that Wassall handled him well by having a chat, dropping him, then getting him back on the goal trail. Says we are now playing to his strengths more too.

6 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Didn't PC get sacked though for them performances ?

yeah but after spending loads of money, ruining fitness and morale, and making no progress in certainly more than 6 sausaging games!

Stats after 8 games will be 3 wins 5 losses because Mr Motivator will not be able to get them up for a Warnock resurgent Rotterham and they can't win big games on the TV  the pressure of playing in front of a full house and the expectations of us fans will cripple their confidence. 

22 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Or Mr Motivator possibly? 

Are you suggesting that Wassall has no football experience other than being a motivator?

Basically says that Wassall handled him well by having a chat, dropping him, then getting him back on the goal trail. Says we are now playing to his strengths more too.

No I'm saying he hasn't got any managerial experience other than a couple of years managing a bunch of kids, and at any other club at this level wouldn't have even got an interview.

So he has motivated Chris Martin ? As for playing to his strengths, possibly yes, and probably explains the gulf between the back 5 and the rest of the team that is now evident on the pitch. 

24 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

yeah but after spending loads of money, ruining fitness and morale, and making no progress in certainly more than 6 sausaging games!

We were 4th when he got sacked, is that not progress?? And who said the morale and fitness was ruined?

13 minutes ago, philc130 said:

Stats after 8 games will be 3 wins 5 losses because Mr Motivator will not be able to get them up for a Warnock resurgent Rotterham and they can't win big games on the TV  the pressure of playing in front of a full house and the expectations of us fans will cripple their confidence. 

get down the bookies Mystic Philc!

Archived