We need to finish 6th

plymouthram

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it's worth, I just did one of those predictor thingies seeing as there's six matchdays left and it took about 2 minutes...

I have Burnley to finish ahead of Boro on GD with Brighton behind Boro on GD again. Then the play-offs would be Hull v Sheff Wed and Derby v Brighton

12 minutes ago, Kernow said:

For what it's worth, I just did one of those predictor thingies seeing as there's six matchdays left and it took about 2 minutes...

I have Burnley to finish ahead of Boro on GD with Brighton behind Boro on GD again. Then the play-offs would be Hull v Sheff Wed and Derby v Brighton

got a link to the predictor?

5 hours ago, toddy said:

It's immaterial where we finish in the play offs places, as long as we win the 3 games.

Last night proves we are a fantastic side, we just need now to remain consistent, on our day we will beat anyone in this division.

Hold that thought ,when / if we get to the play off's.

Isn't it the case that the team with the away leg first tends to get through to the final far more often than playing away in the second leg? In any case, I'd hate to be playing Boro/Burnley in the playoffs (should we make it), they just always seem to get the better of us. Brighton/Hull/Cardiff/Wednesday/Ipswich over two legs and I reckon we'll do it, particularly if we manage to gain a bit of consistency over our remaining games. 

9 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

Isn't it the case that the team with the away leg first tends to get through to the final far more often than playing away in the second leg? In any case, I'd hate to be playing Boro/Burnley in the playoffs (should we make it), they just always seem to get the better of us. Brighton/Hull/Cardiff/Wednesday/Ipswich over two legs and I reckon we'll do it, particularly if we manage to gain a bit of consistency over our remaining games. 

It could be argued that that's generally because the better side over the course of the season has the away leg first. Even so, 5 out of the last 7 seasons have seen the team in 5th or 6th contest in the play-off final. The two exceptions of the past 7 seasons have been the two most recent seasons where it was 3rd (Norwich) v 4th (Boro) and 3rd (Derby) v 4th (QPR)

Well, I filled it out as HONESTLY and ACCURATELY as I could, and this is the results it gave me. Forest just narrowly avoided promotion, while Derby were able to continue their momentum from the Hull game with a 5-0 win over Bolton followed by an emphatic 15-0 win over Charlton (Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin). I'd be fairly happy with this overall, but Ninos will still be whinging about Martin. :ph34r:

Screenshot.thumb.png.1fa5b4075b16e878eec

1 hour ago, mike93rh said:

Hull used to as well. First time we've got anything out of them in a trillion years this season.

Boro are the team I hate playing and getting them in the playoffs will be horrible, would rather finish 7th than play them in the semis. Hull usually get the better of us but we seem to match up well against them this season so I'd take them and repeat the 6-0 in the 2 legs before losing to Brighton in final... and he who shall not be named scores the winner :ph34r:

1 hour ago, wixman1884 said:

Well, I filled it out as HONESTLY and ACCURATELY as I could, and this is the results it gave me. Forest just narrowly avoided promotion, while Derby were able to continue their momentum from the Hull game with a 5-0 win over Bolton followed by an emphatic 15-0 win over Charlton (Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin). I'd be fairly happy with this overall, but Ninos will still be whinging about Martin. :ph34r:

Screenshot.thumb.png.1fa5b4075b16e878eec

It's obvious you tried to do it fairly as you have Forest to stay up.

Shame we missed 100 goals, Wassall Out!

23 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

It's obvious you tried to do it fairly as you have Forest to stay up.

Shame we missed 100 goals, Wassall Out!

He's not finished it.

Archived