Missing Craig Forsyth

PodgeyRam

I think everyone knows we've missed Fozzy since he got injured, but I figured I'd do my latest blog post on it anyway.

http://viewfromtheweststand.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/missing-craig-forsyth.html

Simply put, we've missed his attacking threat when Warnock has been playing and his defensive solidity when Olsson has been playing (although I admit it's very early days in Olsson's Derby career).

BTW is there a section on the site where we can post blogposts if we want? I don't want to clog up the Rams Talk section and annoy people with my posts. Would this be moore suitable in the Podcast section - or is that just for the sites podcast?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Ollson is doing fine as a fozzy replacement- similar type of players so this post would of been more significant before he signed

Definately agree he's a more similar player to Fozzy. Not sure about him defensively though; absolutely criminal of him to jump under the ball for Wolves second goal on Saturday. Warnock wouldn't have done that. Plenty of time for him to improve though.

Nothing to do with Forsyth.

Warnock is solid, we wouldnt have conceded first against Wolves with him in the side.

Warnock is also good enough for me going forward, and rams fans do him a disservice saying he isnt.

He can control it dead when its switched to him , he can cross a ball, and pick men out, remember the first against MK away?

He hasnt quite got the engine of Fozzy or Olsson, but hes a better player, hes a leader, hes experienced, which is exactly what we need. I dont want a maurading Olsson going forward if at the end of the day he hasnt picked a man out all afternoon, and is poor defensively. We need balance!!!!

Jury is still out there for me in Olsson, its early days, but at the moment, especially given the 3 games in 7 days, i would have had Warnock in there against Wolves.

1 minute ago, jagerbob said:

Nothing to do with Forsyth.

Warnock is solid, we wouldnt have conceded first against Wolves with him in the side.

Warnock is also good enough for me going forward, and rams fans do him a disservice saying he isnt.

He can control it dead when its switched to him , he can cross a ball, and pick men out, remember the first against MK away?

He hasnt quite got the engine of Fozzy or Olsson, but hes a better player, hes a leader, hes experienced, which is exactly what we need. I dont want a maurading Olsson going forward if at the end of the day he hasnt picked a man out all afternoon, and is poor defensively. We need balance!!!!

Jury is still out there for me in Olsson, its early days, but at the moment, especially given the 3 games in 7 days, i would have had Warnock in there against Wolves.

He isn't.

10 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Definately agree he's a more similar player to Fozzy. Not sure about him defensively though; absolutely criminal of him to jump under the ball for Wolves second goal on Saturday. Warnock wouldn't have done that. Plenty of time for him to improve though.

You're joking right? That was a world class cross at a perfect height with perfect dip for the attacker. The only way any defender wouldve got that was by sticking his hands in the air. It seems a deluded view of football fans that whenever their team scores a goal it is magical linkup play, and when they concede it is some defensive error. Appreciate the other team, they deserve some after battering us for 90 minutes.

15 minutes ago, Palmo said:

You're joking right? That was a world class cross at a perfect height with perfect dip for the attacker. The only way any defender wouldve got that was by sticking his hands in the air. It seems a deluded view of football fans that whenever their team scores a goal it is magical linkup play, and when they concede it is some defensive error. Appreciate the other team, they deserve some after battering us for 90 minutes.

Whilst I think Warnock is the better defender I would agree that the issue is not why Olssen got beaten by a bigger man but why he was the only one in the middle of the box marking a midfield player.

1 hour ago, Palmo said:

I agree, if defenders defended how pundits wanted them to, there would never be a goal in football. On Match of the Day every single goal conceded is pretty much a defenders fault according to Alan Shearer. 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Whilst I think Warnock is the better defender I would agree that the issue is not why Olssen got beaten by a bigger man but why he was the only one in the middle of the box marking a midfield player.

I don't know if anyone noticed but Shackell was a passenger for the last 20 minutes or so, having had a whack on his heel - he couldn't run, jump or tackle. It seemed silly when Bucko was on the bench.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

I don't know if anyone noticed but Shackell was a passenger for the last 20 minutes or so, having had a whack on his heel - he couldn't run, jump or tackle. It seemed silly when Bucko was on the bench.

Yep.

He was limping for a while.

Weimann was the natural cover we needed.

5 hours ago, Palmo said:

I respectfully disagree. While I can appreciate how good a goal it was; the cross was good and the finish even better, he seemed to get stuck under the ball. Whether this was because he lost the flight of it, or he was drawn too far towards the centre of the box I'm not sure. These are things that are preventable, that you sort out in training.

The main reason I mentioned that one is because I don't think we woud have conceded that goal if Fozzy had been on the pitch. But then again, he's injured; should've, would've, could've.

I've got no bones with Wolves beating us, they were comfortably better than us on the day.

18 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

I respectfully disagree. While I can appreciate how good a goal it was; the cross was good and the finish even better, he seemed to get stuck under the ball. Whether this was because he lost the flight of it, or he was drawn too far towards the centre of the box I'm not sure. These are things that are preventable, that you sort out in training.

The main reason I mentioned that one is because I don't think we woud have conceded that goal if Fozzy had been on the pitch. But then again, he's injured; should've, would've, could've.

I've got no bones with Wolves beating us, they were comfortably better than us on the day.

Agreed but only cos he is about a foot taller that Olsson and would have been comfortable height to head it away.

On 29 February 2016 at 01:09, Simsy said:

Ollson is doing fine as a fozzy replacement- similar type of players so this post would of been more significant before he signed

I tend to think Forsyth in front of Olson opens up some balance for the side and maybe a good degree of attacking intent with the ability to defend 

Archived