Starting to think Wassall is the man for us .

Curtains

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Wolves, Brentford and Bristol City are the only home games where I think we put in anything like a decent performance.

I go to football to be entertained.

The style Clement used was a disaster waiting to happen. The fact that we never came from behind was no coincidence.

How many times did we go behind before Boxing Day? We took draws from Boro, Brighton and Bimringham, I can't recall too many others other than the defeats to Leeds and Forest.

I also want to be entertained. And towards the end it was poor as it was slow, rigid and lacking in creativity.

But the games before that weren't that bad. Again it wasn't free flowing stuff, but it was far better than anything else we've had this side of the millennium bar Burley/McClaren's reign.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, rynny said:

Those 3 games, whilst not exactly poor, we were just about hitting average.

Really? Perhaps for the money we sent, we should be having about 30 efforts on goal every game. So I guess the 20 or so we managed against both Brum and Brighton could be seen as average.

30 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

How many times did we go behind before Boxing Day? We took draws from Boro, Brighton and Bimringham, I can't recall too many others other than the defeats to Leeds and Forest.

I also want to be entertained. And towards the end it was poor as it was slow, rigid and lacking in creativity.

But the games before that weren't that bad. Again it wasn't free flowing stuff, but it was far better than anything else we've had this side of the millennium bar Burley/McClaren's reign.

I would argue that at times it was less exciting than some of the football we played under NC.

Whether its this thread or others it matters not.  This constant bickering and over analysing, going forever over & over, round & round is getting soooo tedious. Not really sure why I bother with this anymore. Debating? maybe but for me the enjoyable camaraderie of discussing Derby County with fellow fans has been replaced by seemingly always trying to defend the club or its players from so called fellow "fans" who quite honestly I haven't got the time of day for. I'm not suggesting for a minute I will be missed but quite honestly I can't be bothered anymore so......................................... I'm out! :(

14 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Where has this perception come from that we played poorly/mediocre for much of Clement's reign?

So you don't remember all the strong criticism and bile that you were spouting in the matchday threads/chat then?.

5 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

So you don't remember all the strong criticism and bile that you were spouting in the matchday threads/chat then?.

I don't ever use the matchday chat, so must be confusing me with somebody else.

I criticised our play from Boxing Day onwards, but rarely before that, even in our defeat to Forest.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Really? Perhaps for the money we sent, we should be having about 30 efforts on goal every game. So I guess the 20 or so we managed against both Brum and Brighton could be seen as average.

Didn't highlight Brighton, as I didn't see that game. But Brum we were average, shots at goal could mean anything and isn't exactly a great indicator of how a team played, of the 20 shots 17 of them could have been pea rollers to the keeper from 40 yards. Plus at that point we hadn't spent a great deal of money and against Boro so throwing that pathetic line at me doesn't wash Bris, and I expected better from you.

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Whether its this thread or others it matters not.  This constant bickering and over analysing, going forever over & over, round & round is getting soooo tedious. Not really sure why I bother with this anymore. Debating? maybe but for me the enjoyable camaraderie of discussing Derby County with fellow fans has been replaced by seemingly always trying to defend the club or its players from so called fellow "fans" who quite honestly I haven't got the time of day for. I'm not suggesting for a minute I will be missed but quite honestly I can't be bothered anymore so......................................... I'm out! :(

You'll be back, we just won't know it! 

Take care TSP. 

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I sort of know what you mean. Every thread seems to go the same

I rarely comment on the actual football because I can't be bothered with the too cool for school guys who think you're mentally challenged if you write in any positive way. It's a shame 

3 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Don't go m8 you will miss it. 

4 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Keep the faith fella. We need heads up types like yourself on here lest we be left with only the wrist slashers. Couldn't be doing with that! 

6 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

That would be a great shame TSP.

Nil carborundum desperandum and all that old boy.

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I would argue that at times it was less exciting than some of the football we played under NC.

With due respect you'd probably find an argument in a telephone box. You continual assertions about how poor the team has been all year wear pretty thin. We were top of the league just before Christmas so I assume you're implying every other side is utter ***** or was it down to some strange space and time anomaly? 

8 hours ago, 86 points said:

With due respect you'd probably find an argument in a telephone box. You continual assertions about how poor the team has been all year wear pretty thin. We were top of the league just before Christmas so I assume you're implying every other side is utter ***** or was it down to some strange space and time anomaly? 

This is not something that I am just saying with hindsight, I have been saying all season that I didn't think everything seemed right.

You seem unable to distinguish between league position and quality of football.

Man United have been in Champions League places for most of the season, so I assume all of their fans are happy with LvG using your logic?

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

This is not something that I am just saying with hindsight, I have been saying all season that I didn't think everything seemed right.

Man United have been in Champions League places for most of the season, so I assume all of their fans are happy with LvG using your logic?

I agree about the football under Nigel. He got the team playing some really good football at times. Some of the Commons/Hulse side's attacking was quite impressive, the few months when we had Kuqi upfront was often brilliant, and the last year of Nigel's tenure featured a lot of very neat, quick passing. The problem was, that Nigel also seemed to have this odd 'Private Frazer' side where he'd suddenly go all negative and negate all of his good work. Replacing Kuqi with Moore was just stupid and constantly bringing on Jake to steady the ship when the ship was motoring towards victory and didn't need steadying was just insane.

40 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Let's not pull the wool over our eyes right lol 

14 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I agree about the football under Nigel. He got the team playing some really good football at times. Some of the Commons/Hulse side's attacking was quite impressive, the few months when we had Kuqi upfront was often brilliant, and the last year of Nigel's tenure featured a lot of very neat, quick passing. The problem was, that Nigel also seemed to have this odd 'Private Frazer' side where he'd suddenly go all negative and negate all of his good work. Replacing Kuqi with Moore was just stupid and constantly bringing on Jake to steady the ship when the ship was motoring towards victory and didn't need steadying was just insane.

Exactly my thoughts.

Luckily it was only normally the last 30 minutes where were negative as opposed to all 90 minutes under PC!

Archived