We've won a game! Let's list the positives

Kernow

16 minutes ago, Gritters said:

My missus is cooking me a steak for when I get back as a kind of celebration. 

Wassall was great at the end coming over to the fans. I don't know who was more pleased us or him.

That was great. Showed some passion, probably some relief but that he's actually up for it. Us fans certainly enjoyed it. 

I looked at my watch at 3-35 and thought we'll do well to get anything. 15 mins later and it was like we'd won the cup. The players enjoyed those goals, you could see it. And then Wass was great at the end, with the Rams fans, walking in front out goal and pumping his fists. Come on!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

That was great. Showed some passion, probably some relief but that he's actually up for it. Us fans certainly enjoyed it. 

I looked at my watch at 3-35 and thought we'll do well to get anything. 15 mins later and it was like we'd won the cup. The players enjoyed those goals, you could see it. And then Wass was great at the end, with the Rams fans, walking in front out goal and pumping his fists. Come on!

Did a player jump in the crowd after the 3rd goal. I was at the other end and couldn't see properly. 

49 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Correct Edward, he looks like everyone of Bradd Pitts family in Snatch! 

He just looks like a coupe of my old pals from Drumcondra and Glasnevin - passionate to the point of lunacy. It's a North Dublin thing.

57 minutes ago, YouRams said:

My only gripe with DW today was the amount of times he said outstanding and delighted in one interview. Him and Owen Bradley could benefit from some interview lessons, guarentee you can get a course in it somewhere, probably off groupon. 

I thought he was deliberately reusing the word delighted to almost say "yeah f the haters." Last week he was maybe slightly overly positive but what would be the point in him lambasting a team already at the bottom of the barrel in terms of confidence.  The team chemistry before today didn't look great, I think DW is aiming to bring hard working team work back to our game. Even Jeff mentioned it before the game, "We used to run down teams and control games." Getting the fitness levels and team chemistry up will hopefully help towards getting the winning feeling and confidence back. If we can build on it on Wednesday, I'm sure Moor Farm will be a much more positive place, if not already. 

12 minutes ago, Gritters said:
13 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Did a player jump in the crowd after the 3rd goal. I was at the other end and couldn't see properly. 

Yes, jumped straight into the crowd and was loving it. I think it happened on another goal too but 5 hours and a few pints down the line I'm not sure. No, it did happen. I think. 

Great to be on some terracing again, singing and bouncing around. Except for a few mins of shell shock after their goal, Rams fans were in good voice and sang for Wass from the first to the last min. No wonder he came to salute us all at the end. 

That last 10 - 15 mins will keep me going for weeks

2 hours ago, G-Ram said:

The people that ring up after the game are just as bad if not worse than owen bradley... Its like they've got Someone with a missing chromosome, got them drunk, gave them a phone and asked them to ring up after the game to comment 

even when they are being positive they sound like utter spazmoids all monotone and nothing constructive 

"i think if we win and win a few more we can reach the autos" 

cheers for that insight you're a real alan hanson now get off and let them interview a few more players 

Did you here the woman who called in to say it's great that the men would come back happy to their wives. As if it was 1950s. And then Craig asked her if her bloke had gone and she replied she wasn't with anyone. I couldn't decide if it was a spoof call or not.

Fixture list is pretty positive...

Blackburn H...1 win in 11 league games and a days less rest after cup match tomorrow

Wolves A...3 draws and 3 defeats in last 6 matches.

Huddersfield H...down in 15th but have won last 2

Qpr A...tough match but they only won 2 out of 13

Rotherham A...in bottom 3

Easy 15 points before Forest, Cardiff then Hull.

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

My only gripe with DW today was the amount of times he said outstanding and delighted in one interview. Him and Owen Bradley could benefit from some interview lessons, guarentee you can get a course in it somewhere, probably off groupon. 

not sure you should really really truly care! These are football men, whose priority is to get other football men to kick a football into a rectangular framework and net! If you want to listen to skilled speakers, there are plenty on other radio channels.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

not sure you should really really truly care! These are football men, whose priority is to get other football men to kick a football into a rectangular framework and net! If you want to listen to skilled speakers, there are plenty on other radio channels.

if we get Pearson - we could get plenty of his...interviewing skills......lets keep footie people on football

10 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I've watched the footage again and I interpreted it as closer to Wednesday Lunchtime?

It's the lack of bacon coming home to roost.

Positives for me

Found parking for  £5 within a few minutes walk.

Door people who smiled and had a sense humour. 

Terracing with retro fluorescent tube lights.

Bucko - now he's lost his beard and grown his hair his head looks like it's the right way up.

Oh and the gutsy, battling performance. Patchy in terms of skill and control but we showed heart. All the subs Martin Ince and blackman. 

17 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I was joking although did cringe a little listening to it, i get the impression he's not a fan of the interviewing part but as you say if he's getting them winning he can say what the hell he likes for me. 

25 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Fixture list is pretty positive...

Blackburn H...1 win in 11 league games and a days less rest after cup match tomorrow

Wolves A...3 draws and 3 defeats in last 6 matches.

Huddersfield H...down in 15th but have won last 2

Qpr A...tough match but they only won 2 out of 13

Rotherham A...in bottom 3

Easy 15 points before Forest, Cardiff then Hull.

Steady son 1 loss,1 win,theres some tough games out there,we have just sacked the best manager to take us through the toughest priod of the season.Not the best time for a change of manager.I notice that all the other teams in the top 8 are all going through the same bad patches as we are.They stuck to their managers,and supported them(so far!).However PC left us with a good squad,and despite the negativity of our owner/chaiman,hopefully we can get to the promised land. 

4 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

Steady son 1 loss,1 win,theres some tough games out there,we have just sacked the best manager to take us through the toughest priod of the season.Not the best time for a change of manager.I notice that all the other teams in the top 8 are all going through the same bad patches as we are.They stuck to their managers,and supported them(so far!).However PC left us with a good squad,and despite the negativity of our owner/chaiman,hopefully we can get to the promised land. 

toughest period....? get a grip

22 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

First cuckoo of spring

Archived