Kanye West

SaintRam

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Duracell said:

Fight me ;)

Okay then, how has Kanye West not influenced music?

I understand my comment could be interpreted as "he alone changed the course of music", that's not what I meant. I meant that a figure that famous for that long with that many achievements, who has written his own music, must have SOME talent surely, whether it's your kind of music or whether you think he's a complete arse?

I'm not talking about talent. It's the changed the course of music bit I'd have an issue with. If he has, then you'd have to say the same about a huge number of people! So many, that it would almost become meaningless. 

Anyhow, you've been to uni, and learned how to make a case for an argument. I'm thick as ****, without even an O level! 

So pointless discussion. 

I'll fight you, but given your age and mine, I want first go. 

1 hour ago, ketteringram said:

I'm not talking about talent. It's the changed the course of music bit I'd have an issue with. If he has, then you'd have to say the same about a huge number of people! So many, that it would almost become meaningless. 

Anyhow, you've been to uni, and learned how to make a case for an argument. I'm thick as ****, without even an O level! 

So pointless discussion. 

The thing with Kanye is he has made himself a brand. Everyone talks about his album releases, even people who don't like him. When he is being interviewed it is seen as an event. All eyes are on him at award shows, not anyone else. 

He's a smart businessman as well as a artist. 

I think he has changed hip hop music for sure though. I think his early stuff has a lot of emotion that just wasn't seen in hip hop before the 2000s, and the artwork and music videos for his songs are a cut above anyone else in hip hop ever. 

9 hours ago, ketteringram said:

So pointless discussion. 

Doesn't have to be a fist fight, it could be a bumper car joust at Wicksteed?

14 hours ago, Chris Mills said:

Isn't he like millions in debt tho? Like really really really serious debt?

Wouldn't say he's that smart.

Might have the ideas, creativity and all that shadazzle but clearly needs some financial guidance 

13 hours ago, Chris Mills said:

The thing with Kanye is he has made himself a brand. Everyone talks about his album releases, even people who don't like him. When he is being interviewed it is seen as an event. All eyes are on him at award shows, not anyone else. 

I think he has changed hip hop music for sure though. I think his early stuff has a lot of emotion that just wasn't seen in hip hop before the 2000s, and the artwork and music videos for his songs are a cut above anyone else in hip hop ever. 

Can't be that smart if he's somehow (supposedly) $53m in debt!

Here's me not being able to borrow £8k to by a car...

2 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Kanye west found a way to stand on the shoulders of people like Grandmaster Flash, Captain Rapp, NWA and others, right place right time.

Personally think he has ruined the core of what rap was.

Rap was better when rappers pretended to be murderers and drug dealers, now they just pretend to be fashion designers.

On 2/15/2016 at 14:52, Duracell said:

I could pick out a line from a Beatles track and make them sound awful, that wouldn't be a comprehensive argument either.

He's changed the course of music on his own. You don't do that without talent.

He's done some very good stuff but please.  He ain't Elvis, or The Beatles, or the Stones, Bowie, Blondie, T-Rex, Sex Pistols, Stone Roses, Oasis or Amy Winehouse.  He ain't even Eminem or Snoop Dogg

The only aspect of the industry he's changed is grandiose self promotion.  Both him and his missus are attention seeking whores.

Archived