Where is Sam Rush?

61GT

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sage said:

He would with £25m :ph34r:

I don't think he would spend it. There's no way he's see value in spending the money we spent on Weimann, Ince, Brad Johnson, Butterfield, Shackell, and Camara!

Hmm, actually in some cases, that might not be a bad thing!

11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I don't think he would spend it. There's no way he's see value in spending the money we spent on Weimann, Ince, Brad Johnson, Butterfield, Shackell, and Camara!

Hmm, actually in some cases, that might not be a bad thing!

He would have bought Shackell and i seem to remember was interested in Butterfield back in his Barnsley days. As for the others...

Just now, sage said:

He would have bought Shackell and i seem to remember was interested in Butterfield back in his Barnsley days. As for the others...

i agree he'd have wanted the players, but whether he'd have paid over the odds for them, or even going rate, I doubt it. Very thrifty was Nigel.

37 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

Yes we see it differently our away form was good and home form poor,but with 2 home games to come things needed

to improve,,If Sammon had scored in a one on one with the forest keeper Rush would have delayed his sacking,

The move was political to gain control of recruitment ,We all new Clough would have to deliver a top 6 finish.

The squad was a capable squad that any experienced coach.would have success with,

But with the goalpost moved in 3 seasons are we at the next level,and this season 25-30 mil on new players.

Why is the spine now still bargain basement buys,two years of recruitment wasted ,last summer.25 mil was it good value only if we go up

The name change to ipro--850-000 a year after clough left ,how many more little nuggets in finance held back till the change

South stand --safe standing,ground capacity to 44000,all in the pipe line, win matches and the crowd will follow

This happened with Clough players,Hanson=Hughes-Hendricks-Bennett, academy players,8 players made international debuts How many since,,and we thought a Barker type fee was a Major signing,

Yes we see things different.it was hard but i saw a club develop,and the season end will  always be a mystery,taken away

in mid stream,

You seem to have skirted around the point though. The footballing side is subjective, the falling attendances is fact.

The recruitment theory is a very big call too. Do you have any evidence to back this up or is it just your theory?

Where is he  all other big news stories at Derby he has been at the forfront giving interviews / explaining what's happening. Clough & Mac sackings he was there breaking the news but this time with clement I have not Seen or read anything from him. He is after all our CEO I would have expected to hear something from him or does this mean that Mel has decided to do all the interviews take over from him ?  

On 14/02/2016 at 10:39, RoyMac5 said:

Being listened to? I'm hoping he'd not want Wassall until the season end?

I listened to him on Saturday. Very interesting it was too.

On 14/02/2016 at 20:30, barnsley ram said:

how much did clough pay for the team that mac inherited 

Nigel’s last match day squad. Figures taken from transfermkt.co.uk and not including any loan fee for Adam Smith. Curiously, the only transfer fee not given is for Kieron Freeman which I’ve guessed at £100k. Some bargains there and Conor Sammon.

Grant 0 

Smith loan 

Forsyth  £131k

Keogh £975k

Buxton 0 

Bryson £383k

Ward £491k

Eustace 0

Hughes 0

Martin 0

Russell £659k

Deeney  0