Anyone here at the Finn Harps game?

scarboroughwa

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes.

Part of the game - or rather, a conversation I had at half time - was immortalised in song by Kev Moore on his Fan Fayre For The Commons People album. I wonder if you know what it is I am referring to?

33 minutes ago, eddie said:

Yes.

Part of the game - or rather, a conversation I had at half time - was immortalised in song by Kev Moore on his Fan Fayre For The Commons People album. I wonder if you know what it is I am referring to?

Were you talking to Dave Mackay about Real Madrid the season before?

2 hours ago, scarboroughwa said:

Were you talking to Dave Mackay about Real Madrid the season before?

No. It revolved around something that was said to me on the Popside at half time. I told Kev Moore a few years ago when he was thinking about putting the album together, and he wrote it into one of the songs. Probably the funniest thing, in context, that I had ever heard at a football ground.

Yes, I was there, I remember buying a few more programmes afterwards because I thought they might be valuable in the future after our record victory. 

I seem to remember towards the end of the game they actually had an attack, cheered on by the Derby faithful, when our defender broke up the attack, he was soundly booed! 

Yes I was there, same again tomorrow against MK Dons will do just fine!

PS I think I heard on the last Championship show that it was 47 years since we last won at Fulham. Maybe that was the 68/69 season 0-1. I was there too, a midweek game, big Frank Wignall with a thumping header. COUR.

Archived