If we get promoted

RamLad1884

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I think Wassall will be fine either way - if we get promoted I still think we will bring in another manager but cant see Wassall getting sacked surely just back to his current role?

If Darren Wassall got Derby promoted and was then asked to go back to running the academy, I'm fairly sure that he would look elsewhere - and who could blame him? He would, by any parameter you care to choose, be a winner - and a very sought-after commodity.

I don't think we are in any problematic position if we gu up under wassel ,, clear lines have been drawn,, he has been give a job till the end of the season with the clear remit to stabilise the ship and hopefully get an uninspired under performing squad back to enjoying their football and playing decent stuff ,, if that resulted in U.S. Going up the does not mean he is the right man to take us forward in the prem,,, two very different jobs, I could put petrol in a formula 1 car,, doesn't mean I could design, build and maintain one ?mels job is to pick the right man at the right time to take us forward from the place we are at ( fair to say clement turned out the wrong choice ) I think and hope that Mel would be sensible enough to make that decision on the job ahead at the time, it only really gets hard if wassell comes in and does a stunning out of this world job like winning the league with out of this world performances , then he also has convince Mel he can spot the right players to bring in and has the tactical nouse for the prem

15 minutes ago, eddie said:

If Darren Wassall got Derby promoted and was then asked to go back to running the academy, I'm fairly sure that he would look elsewhere - and who could blame him? He would, by any parameter you care to choose, be a winner - and a very sought-after commodity.

Sorry what day is it? Are we looking for winners again?

16 minutes ago, eddie said:

How could the players have any less confidence than they had by last week? Over the last couple of months, they have been like rabbits trapped in headlights, playing a negative, unattractive style of football that very few of them would ever have experienced before and basically being unable to succeed at it.

They looked very nervous - similar to how they looked after the three successive defeats saw Clough out of the door. The fact that the first 45 minutes of the game against Ipswich (when Wassall last held the reins - but only for a day or two) went so horribly wrong is, I believe, the reason for the negativity and what almost comes across as a sense of helplessness on this forum. People are more than half-expecting lightning to strike twice and, consequently, have already written Darren Wassall - and the rest of the season - off.

Wassall has been given the task of turning things around - if he can get them playing with a smile and a modicum of swagger, it'll be a good start. He doesn't need to relieve the pressure - he needs to remove the fear, and in this, we can help a great deal.

On Saturday, we need to play our part. No booing the first sideways pass for a start.

Some good points and hopefully he can turn things around, but your booing point is a very interesting statement.

I will always saying booing is pointless and annoys me, however has Mel opened the floodgates for this sort of behaviour to become acceptable.  In sacking PC for not playing the Derby way, can you then turn around and critise fans for making their feelings known if they to are not happy at playing a certain way ? In declaring promotion is not the key but performances are, does it give the "boo boys" the extra incentive and justify it when the man in charge doesn't give the manager more than 7 months??

Just to point out, I will always back the team and manager on the pitch, regardless of who it is and will continue to do so, and use this forum for venting my confusion rather than anywhere near the ground, and hopefully we will be back to winning no ways soon, but I just believe it's difficult to expect a stability on the pitch if you havent got it off it.

Im willing to give wassall a go. He's been at the club a while, id expect him to bring some youth through if he got the job full time & in years to come. He has so far done a good job with the youth we've had hughes, hendrick & hanson all come through and thats was his job try to develop youngsters who will eventually be good enough for the first time

guardiola came through at barca from barca B. Im not compearing the two but he might surprise us and do well, or he might crash and burn. I'm willing to give him a go untill the end of the season and if he's making the right steps forward then why not give him it full time ? Appointing the wrong manager in future could be just as disastrous the likes of moyes arnt exactly known his fast attacking football  

2 hours ago, King Kevin said:

If he gets us up the very  least he should get the freedom of the city ,and Mel would be stupid not to give him a shot at the Prem .Massive ask though.

If he can get us playing attractive, successful football which gets us promoted then surely he deserves a chance no matter how big a task it would be to keep us there. If Clement had got us up with his style or Mel's it would also have been a big task. If S Mac had done it also. There is no guarantee that Mourino could keep us up. He did pretty badly with a supposedly much better team this year. I think that if Wassall can get promotion playing "the Derby way" then MM would be more than willing to give him a chance.

Half a game, a few years ago, when the players had downed tools in a show of support for the previous manager, has absolutely no bearing on his ability to do the job.

I hope Darrens a massive success, and is appointed on a full time basis come June, ready to lead our PL comeback.

Some of the attacks on his character and abilities I've read on here recently I find beyond the pale, and have little evidence to support them.

16 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Half a game, a few years ago, when the players had downed tools in a show of support for the previous manager, has absolutely no bearing on his ability to do the job.

I hope Darrens a massive success, and is appointed on a full time basis come June, ready to lead our PL comeback.

Some of the attacks on his character and abilities I've read on here recently I find beyond the pale, and have little evidence to support them.

Accusing the players of downing tools.....i hope you have evidence to support that rev.

42 minutes ago, emjlc02 said:

Wassell will get time as it's the job he has been working towards, when Mel went into the changing room a certain Darren Wassell went in there with him, well that's what I was told at the time.

Shocked.

surely he wouldn't.

11 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Accusing the players of downing tools.....i hope you have evidence to support that rev.

The players pointed look at the directors box, as each goal went in 1st  half, coupled with their vastly improved 2nd half performance led me to that conclusion.

I don't believe that to be unreasonable, certainly compared to other conclusions some have reached by Wassall, shock horror, talking to Mel during matches!

12 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

If (and I say that as a massive if) derby managed to get promotion this season under wassall would you still want him in charge in the prem? Or is it a case of get someone with experience in if we get there

Lololololol. No!

Archived