new formation

B4ev6is

I would perhaps try i new formation as 443 not working anymore as oppersition i have learned how to defand against it. I would maybe try 3 5 2 formation or 451 as we seem to get out muscled to easly in midfield.

Scott carson

Orlson            shackelll               keogh

Christie         geouge thorn       hendrick butterfield

Bryson    

Russle

Chris martin   

Blackmen

I know this formation at 352 but it might just work against fulham as it will be hard for them to who to pick up.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you play 3-5-2 then usually the 3 are all centre back types who stick close to each other and you rely on the wingbacks in the 5 to protect the flanks.

Olsson probably wouldn't work in there and Bucko would lack pace. England did a sort of back 3 at Italia 90 and they had Butcher, Des Walker and ooohhh Mark Wright, so lots of mobility (well, maybe not so much Butcher).

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

What formation would try then

3-5-2 but bring Pearce back so you have Pearce, Keogh and Shackell as the 3, then Christie, Thorne, Butterfield Johnson and Olson. Then Blackman/Martin or Ince/Bent.

You'd probably have Johnson and Butterfield a bit advanced of Thorne. Im kind of thinking that formation might lack width further forward but we keep saying we don't really have wide players as it is so may as well not keep persevering with the illusion.

I said in another thread I would like to try 3-5-2.

back 3 would have been Keogh shacks and Peace..now bucko if fit

Olsson and Christie as attacking full/wing backs

Midfield 2 of any of Johnson, Butterfield, Thorne, Hendrick.

Then either Tom Ince or Bryson sat behind Martin and Blackman.

Or if you are insistent with your front strikers B4 I can contact the drifters and see if they are free.

I would like to see this team.

Carson

Keogh                     Shackell

New wing back on loan.  Thorne                       Ollson

Bryson                      Hendrick

Hughes

Bent        Martin

This relies on the wing backs being able to bomb up and down the flanks, get crosses in and get back and defend.

One of funniest thread openers I've ever seen. I like the way b4 had left options open up front but seems a bit mean to only want a certain type of player just in front of Martin. 

If we submit that team sheet to the ref pre match, the opposition won't know how to prepare. 

Just thinking, I doubt blackmen would get into a side managed by Whiteside.

Ok guys, I'm probably going to get shot down for this. But this is the formation I think we should go with against Fulham:

Scott carson

Orlson            shackelll       bryson        keogh   buxton   whitbread  calude davis

Christie         geouge thorn       hendrick      butterfield                                               bryson

Bryson    

Russle

Chris martin   craig bryson                                                                                 bent

Blackmen                           some chinese players

19 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

Ok guys, I'm probably going to get shot down for this. But this is the formation I think we should go with against Fulham:

Scott carson

Orlson            shackelll       bryson        keogh   buxton   whitbread  calude davis

Christie         geouge thorn       hendrick      butterfield                                               bryson

Bryson    

Russle

Chris martin   craig bryson                                                                                 bent

Good to see Bryson putting himself all over the pitch, we've missed that.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:
26 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

Scott carson

Bryson    

Russle

Good to see Bryson putting himself all over the pitch, we've missed that.

Cracking forward line. Millions of options.

Archived