Kevin Phillips

The_Sheriff

To be fair if we were top of the league and six points clear it would be boring .. At least this way its far more entertaining with everyone going mental ... We'll turn it around one way or another & it could be worse could be last season when we missed out on the playoffs 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Daft thread. 

Messi wouldn't score in this team if his coaches were the best around.  We lack penetration and creativity. Not striking prowess.

I think Messi would score against Championship defenders regardless of what was going on around him ...but that is beside the point.  I think it's reasonable that the players, the manager and all the coaching staffl take their part of the blame if the team is really playing badly, like we are now.  When we are doing well, they will all share in the credit.  And even though his part is surely quite minimal, that should apply to Phillips too.  

You could argue that our problems with a lack of creativity and penetration might have something to do with the lack of movement of the forward players as a whole. Suffice to say, there is plenty blame to go around and i'm sure KP would admit that the forwards could be doing more. 

We all know the coaches have to go,any one who has football experience is on dodgy ground,and can be replaced.

The Clough lot gone,the Maclaren old boys;Simpsons-Steele ,we liked them gone,SO coaches 10 a penny

must admit for me stability is a good thing

Has sam been here long 3rd season i think,Seems strange,Clements being mentioned,Who changed the format,for recruitment,Manager gone--Head-Coach gone-director of football,ie,head of recruitment gone--how can Clement be to blame,after 6 months,How can this club be run by a C-E-O,,when every body else gets the blame,

All decisions are passed down,from the top

Brian Clough,the only decision a chairman has to make,is to select the manager to run team affaires

Today

its the recruitment program,that's essential,and a Head Coach,for the day to day running of the squad..,

The point of the thread is we need all our coaching staff to step up not just PC.

Why should they get to shy away from criticism when they get paid very nice monies to get the best out the team!

Don't like the thread don't comment on it.

Apparently to some it is a daft thread so maybe we need to start blaming the fans again ;)

2 hours ago, Simsy said:

The point of the thread is we need all our coaching staff to step up not just PC.

Why should they get to shy away from criticism when they get paid very nice monies to get the best out the team!

Don't like the thread don't comment on it.

Apparently to some it is a daft thread so maybe we need to start blaming the fans again ;)

get over it Simsy, it's not personal. I said it was a daft thread cos the blame/glory lies with the person making the decisions, whether it be tactics, formations or coaching staff recruitment. Phillips could be making Darren Bent the bestest striker EVAR, but if Clement doesn't pick him, you cannot fault Phillips....

Tell you what, what a crap place to work DCFC must be. If you do you'd better not be living here or walking about enjoying your leisure time because some rabid know it all is likely to accost you and tell you exactly what a waste of time and money you are! 

1 hour ago, Daveo said:

How can you criticise the coaches when we have no idea how well they are doing their jobs on the training ground? 

We also have no idea how much they get paid

A lot of what Clement does is also hidden from us.  Surely the efforts of all the coaching staff are seen on the pitch to some extent. 

23 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Tell you what, what a crap place to work DCFC must be. If you do you'd better not be living here or walking about enjoying your leisure time because some rabid know it all is likely to accost you and tell you exactly what a waste of time and money you are! 

I think we are entitled to have an opinion on how well people are doing their jobs at Derby County. Isn't that part of being a fan.  Given how well paid they are, they should be able to take a bit of criticism when things are not going well.  As long as the criticism doesn't become abuse. 

Having said that...i think things will improve...we'll make the play-offs...and then who knows.  

10 minutes ago, leemark said:

Clement this, Philips that... has anyone thought that it might actually be down to the plsyers?  The ones actually on the pitch who can influence the match.

if it was that simple, explain why there are coaches and managers!

Archived