Kevin Phillips

The_Sheriff

45 minutes ago, Highgate said:

A lot of what Clement does is also hidden from us.  Surely the efforts of all the coaching staff are seen on the pitch to some extent. 

Ultimately Clement takes full responsibility for team selection, formation and tactics. Sure they will have input but the buck stops with Clement. 

Also why does Phillips get his own thread? He's not the only coach, just feels strange to single him out

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

Tell you what, what a crap place to work DCFC must be. If you do you'd better not be living here or walking about enjoying your leisure time because some rabid know it all is likely to accost you and tell you exactly what a waste of time and money you are! 

Have you turned green and sprouted muscles. Grrrrrrrr.

1 hour ago, Daveo said:

Ultimately Clement takes full responsibility for team selection, formation and tactics. Sure they will have input but the buck stops with Clement. 

Also why does Phillips get his own thread? He's not the only coach, just feels strange to single him out

Not sure why Phililips got his own thread, it does seem a bit unfair to single him out.  There is no debate about the buck stopping at Clement, he will deservedly reap the majority of the credit if we do well, and most of the criticism if we do badly.

But isn't Phillips' work supposed to have some affect on the performance of our forward players, isn't that his job?  If it has no affect then why are DCFC employing him?  If we accept that he is supposed have an influence on our forwards performance, then his own performance in that role should be subject to fans praise/criticism like everything else at a football club.  

Since phillips has come in there has been a very noticeable improvement in certain aspects of our performance, and i have been surprised that no-one has mentioned it before.

20 hours ago, Highgate said:

Not sure why Phililips got his own thread, it does seem a bit unfair to single him out.  There is no debate about the buck stopping at Clement, he will deservedly reap the majority of the credit if we do well, and most of the criticism if we do badly.

But isn't Phillips' work supposed to have some affect on the performance of our forward players, isn't that his job?  If it has no affect then why are DCFC employing him?  If we accept that he is supposed have an influence on our forwards performance, then his own performance in that role should be subject to fans praise/criticism like everything else at a football club.  

Exactly that. When starting the thread there was about 4 threads on clement yet the other coaching staff not a mention. I was thinking with Martin not scoring in open play for 16 games and Derby in general not scoring freely KP should be questioned. 

I accept all coaching staff need to take responsibility and i wasn't meaning to start some kind of witch hunt against Phillips but i was thinking with him on board our attacking players may of learned a few things and hit the net more but that has not been the case.

Archived