Kevin Phillips

The_Sheriff

At the minute a lot of the pressure seems to be on Clement but what about Phillips? With his career and goal scoring i presume he was brought in in particular to improve the strikers and we have not exactly been firing on all cylinders. Therefore surely he deserves some of the criticism going about if we are struggling in front of goal?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Do we know enough about the coaching set up to make a judgement?

Well i presume after a career Phillips has had he would be doing some coaching with the attacking players.

Its only a daft thread mostyn because i am raising a question about the whole coaching team and not just clement like you persist to do?

Can't put all the blame on clement when he has a coaching team for a reason!

Anyone recall how old bighead did without the right partner alongside him?

Management is a team effort, just as much as the players need to be a team on the field. And when I see PC standing all alone on the touchline throughout the match, I wonder whether we are actually two teams short of promotion.

I swear people on here were praising Phillips for his positive influence about a week(!) into his role because we started scoring and winning games. Now he's not pulling his weight? Not sure if some people on here are forgetful or just stupid.

2 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I swear people on here were praising Phillips for his positive influence about a week(!) into his role because we started scoring and winning games. Now he's not pulling his weight? Not sure if some people on here are forgetful or just stupid.

Generally, as a percentage I think there are probably more stupid ones on here than the population. I am just forgetful :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Simsy said:

Well i presume after a career Phillips has had he would be doing some coaching with the attacking players.

Its only a daft thread mostyn because i am raising a question about the whole coaching team and not just clement like you persist to do?

Can't put all the blame on clement when he has a coaching team for a reason!

So you decide to pick on Phillips? Fair enough - don't think he's had much time being the scapegoat so guess it's his turn! We're quickly running out of nominations though - who next, the groundsman?

17 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Don't agree. Our attempts on goal were shocking.

They were. But these guys are professional footballers. They've been doing it all their lives. They know how to do it. I've seen them do it! They're good at it. Not sure what coaches can do in this case. Probably why I'll never be a coach!! 

Archived