Outgoings - Warnock, Bent

Bris Vegas

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

No way we would sell Warnock, if we did I would be convinced that Clement was a bafoon. 

34, contract ends in the summer, and Fozzy will be back. Are you suggesting Clement should be offering him a new 5 year deal?

Sorry, who's the "bafoon"?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Can't argue with his form since he came in for Fozzy, but being done with the recruitment team means what exactly? Are you going to tell the club that none of the money you put into the club is allowed to be spent on their wages?

Haha no, but it'd be yet another bizarre decision. Leaving in the summer I can understand, but why sell/let your current captain leave on or near deadline day?

10 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

No way we would sell Warnock, if we did I would be convinced that Clement was a bafoon. 

I am aware that in urban US slang a bafoon is a cross between a buffoon and a baboon. I assume you mean buffoon?

1 minute ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Haha no, but it'd be yet another bizarre decision. Leaving in the summer I can understand, but why sell/let your current captain leave on or near deadline day?

I can't actually believe it is going to happen and it would be a strange decision.

14 minutes ago, cosmic said:

34, contract ends in the summer, and Fozzy will be back. Are you suggesting Clement should be offering him a new 5 year deal?

Sorry, who's the "bafoon"?

Offer him a 5 year deal? Now your just being silly.

My point is, why get rid now. We were short on left back cover before we got Olsson, so if Warnock is a free agent in the summer we may as well keep him until then.

It makes sense really.

30 minutes ago, ossieram said:

He signed on a 18 month contract with an option of another year, is it down to the player or the club to take up that option?

It's down to the club.

Highly doubt that he's being touted around now especially given his form and with Forsyth and Lowe being out injured.

More likely that Warnock's agent is letting other clubs know that his client is out of contract in the summer and it's possible he'll be let go.

Warnock will not be a Rams man next season regardless of this season outcome but he has earnt his pay at least and I can't imagine he will be off somewhere else this season unless we are nice to him and let him go if he gets offered a new contract somewhere. Bent meanwhile seems to have been well and truly cold shoulderd. The manager can't want him at all with the timing of him disappearing from the squad, but we know he can score goals.

Maybe he is bearing Warnock's position in mind?

Something along the lines of

Warnock: "if I can get a  decent 2 year deal now, I want to go, as those options might not be available in the summer, especially if I have been out of the first team."

Clement: "if an offer comes in, we'll certainly consider it."

Maybe he is looking to keep his squad happy and he can only release the players that have teams come in for them.  Plus Baird can do a job at left back if needed...

Archived