Outgoings - Warnock, Bent

Bris Vegas

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

No way we would sell Warnock, if we did I would be convinced that Clement was a bafoon. 

Come on Mackworth ... He's a top bloke but he's not very good offers little going forward and he's playing out of his skin ... Move him out is the right thing to do. We have olsson to fill in short term for Fozzy and we have Lowe as the young understudy. Warnock doesn't fit the vision sorry. 

2 hours ago, satty atwal said:

We in for pritchard aswell in same report... but says so are burnley and boro.... an they most likely destination as would get more gametime.... personally think he is class.... get him in asap 

Why wouldn't he get game time here - he's clearly better than most of the forward options we currently gave so would be a definite starter?

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Come on Mackworth ... He's a top bloke but he's not very good offers little going forward and he's playing out of his skin ... Move him out is the right thing to do. We have olsson to fill in short term for Fozzy and we have Lowe as the young understudy. Warnock doesn't fit the vision sorry. 

I completely agree Ninos, but you have mentioned 2 left backs who are out injured  for the season. 

If we sell warnock now and Olsson gets injured who covers? Please don't say Baird as he isn't a left back. We are going for promotion, we need players playing in their desired position.

in 4 months when the season is up, thank you Mr Warnock, get yourself another club.

Bent I understand as his wages are high and he hasn't had a sniff. Whether or not that is right is another matter. 

Warnock will almost certainly be talking to other clubs regarding a pre contract for next season. 

The idea that our best performer, captain and experienced defender would be allowed to leave in January is preposterous. 

If it is the case it will make the Clement question slightly more valid imo.

11 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Bent I understand as his wages are high and he hasn't had a sniff. Whether or not that is right is another matter. 

Warnock will almost certainly be talking to other clubs regarding a pre contract for next season. 

The idea that our best performer, captain and experienced defender would be allowed to leave in January is preposterous. 

If it is the case it will make the Clement question slightly more valid imo.

Why? If Clement is just a head coach and not the manager his job will be to coach the players he is given and not decide who comes and goes.

Which is even more worrying.

Who is making the decision of who comes and goes then? Whoever it is must try harder.

Clement could be preparing for Tuesday's game with a player in mind only for someone else to make the decision that a player is going on Monday.

I know it happens at football clubs, but you wouldn't think it at a club 'so well run'.

Couple of scenario's here Clement makes him captain and he is arguably one of our best performers  and then gets sold i.e Clement has lost the plot .

Or we have two players for same position  [Fozzie when fit and Olsson] soon, tells him  you have done a great job I'll make you captain raise your profile and hope you get a good deal at the end of the season.

Hope Warnocks in the loop because if it's the first he deserves better.

17 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Why? If Clement is just a head coach and not the manager his job will be to coach the players he is given and not decide who comes and goes.

Surely he would have a say!?

"Right, I'm fining Weimann for not turning up for training"

"Oh nah, it's cool, we sold him"

"Oh. Scrap that then. Let's do some set peice drills"

He will have an input into who is replaced and who isn't. Surely! 

5 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Surely he would have a say!?

"Right, I'm fining Weimann for not turning up for training"

"Oh nah, it's cool, we sold him"

"Oh. Scrap that then. Let's do some set peice drills"

He will have an input into who is replaced and who isn't. Surely! 

When he first came in they made a point of saying the club will bring players in that fit into the system the club wants and Clement will coach them, I don't know if that has changed over the months.

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

When he first came in they made a point of saying the club will bring players in that fit into the system the club wants and Clement will coach them, I don't know if that has changed over the months.

That's worrying if so. Who upstairs is qualified to say who is good enough? 

They spout the Chelsea, PSG, Madrid line, but if Mr Bean is buying and selling, we are screwed. 

1 minute ago, TroyDyer said:

That's worrying if so. Who upstairs is qualified to say who is good enough? 

They spout the Chelsea, PSG, Madrid line, but if Mr Bean is buying and selling, we are screwed. 

It was mainly down to Chris Evans but they have a team now that look at possible players, whether or not Clement is part of that since they got rid of Evans I don't know.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I completely agree Ninos, but you have mentioned 2 left backs who are out injured  for the season. 

If we sell warnock now and Olsson gets injured who covers? Please don't say Baird as he isn't a left back. We are going for promotion, we need players playing in their desired position.

in 4 months when the season is up, thank you Mr Warnock, get yourself another club.

Behind olsson, we have ssewankambo (shift from right to left) and even Johnson would make a fine temporary left back. I'd move him if we get any sort of offer.

Just now, Ninos said:

Behind olsson, we have ssewankambo and even Johnson would make a fine temporary left back. I'd move him if we get any sort of offer.

There's literally no point selling him now. He's got 6 months left on his deal and is 34 ... we'd get about 50p for him. Having Warnock competing with Olsson for the left back spot is a million times better than Olsson having no competition and us having to stick someone there out of their natural position if he gets injured.

Archived