What's missing?

Sexydadbod

Heard a few people last night saying we need a ball winner in midfield , ive thought about this and maybe they are on to something , a Seth Johnson type player who gets into opposition faces , wins the ball and lays it off to Butterfield to start attacks , while im not saying we would of won last night with this sort of player in the team , i think life would have been a little less comfortable for United especially first half

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ValeRam said:

That was a disappointment Curtains, was looking forward to some good old fact-based proof-based debate 

I didn't ask you to comment on my opinion - you did that of your own free will

You then made the assertion that my opinion was wrong. You did that of your own free will too.

The onus therefore is clearly on you to explain and (using your own word) prove why my opinion was wrong.

This you have failed to do and, so doing, have wasted my time together with your own, along with your credibility

What's this. 

Just catching up after a couple of pints of Tim Taylor Landlord. 

From what mi gather Clement is well liked by the players.  There might be the odd one that's not in the first 11 and getting paid really well that might be a bit upset but that's the  same at most clubs.

As for wasting your time I'm sorry about that but I like Clement and think he is the right man for the job. 

We are a championship team with big aspirations  and I for one think we will go on from  here. 

Once again sorry for wasting your time. Yours sincerely Rams4life

18 hours ago, YouRams said:

Think that's a little harsh on Christie, the boro game the rest of the defence were stood admiring the passing and Nugent was offside. Apparently two were offside tonight not seen them back, so surely that's poor officiating rather than Christie at fault? 

The 2 last night were about a half a foot maybe a foot offside, very tough to give, However, Christie was a yard or two behind the other defenders. If he was level it would have been an easy decision.

At Boro I am referring to the first goal.  

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

Never going to spot an ankle offside for 0.000001 of a second at 40 yards. 

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Yeah deffo offside then. Easy to see why not given though

Both similar position, both about the same offside, both had Christie closest to them, both would probably been flagged at the other end of the pitch. Think the Russell offside was very similar but closer to the lino. More concerned about the couple of bear hugs from Utd defenders and the boot in Keogh's throat that was missed, in fact Blind got the free kick when BJ was too strong for him powered through him when he tried to grab hold of him and block his run.

1 hour ago, curtains said:

What's this. 

Just catching up after a couple of pints of Tim Taylor Landlord. 

From what mi gather Clement is well liked by the players.  There might be the odd one that's not in the first 11 and getting paid really well that might be a bit upset but that's the  same at most clubs.

As for wasting your time I'm sorry about that but I like Clement and think he is the right man for the job. 

We are a championship team with big aspirations  and I for one think we will go on from  here. 

Once again sorry for wasting your time. Yours sincerely Rams4life

No problem last word Charlie

Totally unsurprised by the alcohol admission - suspected that was so. But impressed by your choice of beer nevertheless.

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

Hughes and Butterfield won't work in the same team.

You might be surprised. Hughes is such an intelligent player, he could probably 'work' with anyone.

44 minutes ago, eddie said:

You might be surprised. Hughes is such an intelligent player, he could probably 'work' with anyone.

But we need runners, last few games have shown that and sadly Hughes as smart a player he is, is not a runner. It's why Johnson lets me down so much - I've not worked out what he is yet.

14 minutes ago, rammieib said:

But we need runners, last few games have shown that and sadly Hughes as smart a player he is, is not a runner. It's why Johnson lets me down so much - I've not worked out what he is yet.

Do we?

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Last few games would suggest so IMO or maybe our CB could pop up in the box and show Chrissy how to finish.

Well, George Thorne is no speedster, but managed to get into the Man Utd box to score. I'd thnk that speed of thought and speed of passing is far more important than having a 'great engine' - but as I've said before, I don't even pretend to know anything.

Archived