What's missing?

Sexydadbod

On paper our team looks good but I feel there is something missing. Maybe Hughes or Bryson getting closer to Martin because our current midfield dont play close to him. I don't think it's even an issue of going into the transfer market because I have no idea what specific position we need to strengthen.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

On paper our team looks good but I feel there is something missing. Maybe Hughes or Bryson getting closer to Martin because our current midfield dont play close to him. I don't think it's even an issue of going into the transfer market because I have no idea what specific position we need to strengthen.

RB

Carson

christie .   Keogh.      Shackell.    Warnock

.                      Thorne

.            Butterfield.     Hendrick 

ronaldo.            Martin.               Messi

Pace through the middle, somebody who can carry the ball through the middle.

The fact that George Thorne got forward more and made more bursting runs that Johnson and Butterfield combined was a big worry. Blackman is slow and clumsy on the ball too.

The only dribbler we have is Ince and Christie.

The balance in midfield is all wrong, has been for a while, and they're playing too deep.

This wasn't always the case though, If you look back to Wolves, when we won 4-2, in our fourth goal there were as many as five people in the penalty area looking to get in.

Warnock, as good as he has been defensively, offers nothing going forward. So right now, our only attacks which might result in something come down the right because we have nothing down the middle or left.

Managed to get Ince closer to Martin and we ended up scoring a very nice goal. People need to chill out and stop getting their knickers in a twist over all of this. I agree results and performances haven't been inspiring but it's about how you come out the other side of these things. Rome wasn't built in a day etc etc if we smash Preston on Tuesday (which I think we will) we can get our season back on track. COYR

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Amazing what a few months can do to a player. Today Christie got skinned by Martial but just a few months ago when the Republic of ireland played germany, Christie had marco reus in his back pocket, who is a much better player than martial.

Booooo Christie out. Got done by a player that cost a measly 60mil. Gone to **** hasn't he.... 

9 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Pace through the middle, somebody who can carry the ball through the middle.

The fact that George Thorne got forward more and made more bursting runs that Johnson and Butterfield combined was a big worry. Blackman is slow and clumsy on the ball too.

The only dribbler we have is Ince and Christie.

The balance in midfield is all wrong, has been for a while, and they're playing too deep.

This wasn't always the case though, If you look back to Wolves, when we won 4-2, in our fourth goal there were as many as five people in the penalty area looking to get in.

Warnock, as good as he has been defensively, offers nothing going forward. So right now, our only attacks which might result in something come down the right because we have nothing down the middle or left.

No wonder George was knackered - he's doing the forward forays that Johnson should be doing. Great willingness to get forward for the goal but 3 months ago Johnson would have been on the end of Martins' pass, allowing George to control things from just in front of the back four. I'm baffled by how what has happened has happened - is it because Clements has become too defensive-minded?

17 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Booooo Christie out. Got done by a player that cost a measly 60mil. Gone to **** hasn't he.... 

Christie showed great determination tonight. His head never dropped despite the huge task he had and still had the confidence to put some good balls into the box when he had chance.

19 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Obviously Christie was always going to be beaten one on one a few times, but a right back who can stand in a straight line with the rest of the defence would have saved us 2 goals today and probably got us a draw at Boro.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Christie showed great determination tonight. His head never dropped despite the huge task he had and still had the confidence to put some good balls into the box when he had chance.

Thought he played well tonight. No championship right back would have held Martial off for a full 90 minutes. 

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Obviously Christie was always going to be beaten one on one a few times, but a right back who can stand in a straight line with the rest of the defence would have saved us 2 goals today and probably got us a draw at Boro.

Think that's a little harsh on Christie, the boro game the rest of the defence were stood admiring the passing and Nugent was offside. Apparently two were offside tonight not seen them back, so surely that's poor officiating rather than Christie at fault? 

Archived