Dele Alli - goal of the season.

Rev

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry but the fact that he's English and he plays fo Tottenham means it's massively overrated.

It's a superb goal - but is it any better than Matias for Sheffield Wednesday versus Leeds? It's 100% not better than Kasami for Fulham at Palace a few years ago and that got nowehere the hype.

It was like the Ibrahimovic goal versus England or Rooney's versus Man City a few years back. If it's anything English they automatically dub it the best goal of the season - or in some cases best ever.

I feel sorry for Alli. Deluded folk are already calling him world class and pinpointing him and Barkley as England's leading stars this summer. Both are good, but come off it.

Also everyone raving about Spurs. They're on course for less points than the team AVB had, but nobody likes to mention that as they're all suck in cloud cuckoo land.

Not trying to downplay Alli's brilliance here, but the reaction has been ridiculous. Matias didn't even get more than a 30-second mention on the football league show.

85 million bid for him soon, Break his metertarsal in April, then gets sent off for stamping on Ashley Williams at the Euros and effigys burning of him around all of the UK

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

I'm sorry but the fact that he's English and he plays fo Tottenham means it's massively overrated.

It's a superb goal - but is it any better than Matias for Sheffield Wednesday versus Leeds? It's 100% not better than Kasami for Fulham at Palace a few years ago and that got nowehere the hype.

It was like the Ibrahimovic goal versus England or Rooney's versus Man City a few years back. If it's anything English they automatically dub it the best goal of the season - or in some cases best ever.

I feel sorry for Alli. Deluded folk are already calling him world class and pinpointing him and Barkley as England's leading stars this summer. Both are good, but come off it.

Also everyone raving about Spurs. They're on course for less points than the team AVB had, but nobody likes to mention that as they're all suck in cloud cuckoo land.

Not trying to downplay Alli's brilliance here, but the reaction has been ridiculous. Matias didn't even get more than a 30-second mention on the football league show.

Not buying any of this - it was an objectively incredible goal. 

1 hour ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Not buying any of this - it was an objectively incredible goal. 

Opinions and all, but I think it's massively overrated.

Sublime goal, but best of the season? Erm, no... Matias was better IMO, he was at a more dificult angle, his finish was more spectacular and above all it was hit with his weaker foot.

Kasami's blows them both out of the water.

If Alli was German playing for Norwich it wouldn't have received anywhere near the same hype. 

Alli has been performing way better than all of these so called technically superior foreign imports, he's also still a youth. But you know, only gets hyped because he's English sure :)

I get it the media do hype English players but we've got an exception to the rule here.

Can he play or has he just got a 30 yarder in him that makes him worth £40m? 

Sometimes it's worth having half the talent and a good strike. YouTube highlights reels and MotD features sell players. 

Not seen him play twice.

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Can he play or has he just got a 30 yarder in him that makes him worth £40m? 

Sometimes it's worth having half the talent and a good strike. YouTube highlights reels and MotD features sell players. 

Not seen him play twice.

He can definitely play.

This isn't a player from United's academy that has just popped up played a few games, scored a wonder goal and the media are going nuts. Alli has been around a while now, not far off 100 career games at 19, pretty much going to match Will Hughes appearances for his age but he's proving himself at Premier League level.

I've not heard any hype that he's the key to Euro 2016 success or anything of the sort, just great reviews for a young English player that's fully deserved, are we not allowed to get excited by some of the talent coming through anymore? 

Cracking goal for any player be it English, German, French. The touch, finish, take a bow.

Archived