Our fans are ****** part deux

Bris Vegas

8 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Mate I've heard Keogh , Bryson , Hughes all getting stick from the home fans and they are 3 top championship players , sometimes these guys go through bad patches so let's fling abuse at them don't encourage them , it seems to be the Derby way 

Are Bryson and Hughes fit. 

Both got injured at Bolton right. 

In the first game draw. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, curtains said:

Are Bryson and Hughes fit. 

Both got injured at Bolton right. 

In the first game draw. 

And ur point is ? Whether they have played this season or not they have all had abuse from the home fans at some point ,Chris Martin is just another in the long list 

4 minutes ago, valleyram said:

And ur point is ? Whether they have played this season or not they have all had abuse from the home fans at some point ,Chris Martin is just another in the long list 

Are you a Forest fan 

Get off Derby fans backs. 

Martin did loose form, admitedly he wasnt getting the service. But with what service he had, he was rolling around on the floor (even more than he used to), unable to get to anything that wasnt directly at his feet. Hes a footballer, he needs to be more mobile than he has been showing. Dropping him to the bench seemed to spark him into life when he came on as sub against bcfc.

What are we suggesting here...that Martin is somehow undroppable because of his importance to the team?

I am a huge Martin fan and think he is our best player when on form.

Recently however, his form, like others in the team, has been poor.

It sounds to me like the OP is having a go at the fans for daring to suggest that a player is rested because of bad form. Hmmmm...not an outrageous think to suggest from the fans and folks on here.

It's all well and good saying that Clement should find his best eleven and stick to it. He knows his best eleven and it's just that those eleven are individually and collectively not performing to their usual standards.

Why the need for us to start fighting with each other and suggesting it's the fans fault is beyond me.

The players will get over this and their form will return. It's our blip. Plain and simple.

As soon as we return to winning ways, confidence will return and the infighting will also hopefully end.

Guys. The team is the team whatever it maybe. They are all decent players and I suppose each and every one of them didn't asked to be valued at such a mega amount of money. Other clubs do that. Johnson didn't ask to be bought for 6 million etc etc did he

they are young men and they need our support. 

We need noise at that ground. Common BCFC sung three hearts out. Fantastic. We did nothing. It's not life or death if we loose. Let's get it rocking and enjoy a song if nothing else. 

The south stand is the key. It just gets it going. Drummer boy needs to be on it for it'd match. We all need to be up fore even if we loose. 

Just think of the days with cough. Boring boring Tuesday night. We've come along way since then. 

5 minutes ago, Rammy1 said:

Guys. The team is the team whatever it maybe. They are all decent players and I suppose each and every one of them didn't asked to be valued at such a mega amount of money. Other clubs do that. Johnson didn't ask to be bought for 6 million etc etc did he

they are young men and they need our support. 

We need noise at that ground. Common BCFC sung three hearts out. Fantastic. We did nothing. It's not life or death if we loose. Let's get it rocking and enjoy a song if nothing else. 

The south stand is the key. It just gets it going. Drummer boy needs to be on it for it'd match. We all need to be up fore even if we loose. 

Just think of the days with cough. Boring boring Tuesday night. We've come along way since then. 

Is that you b4?

Uncle Basil and co confirmed at the fans forum months ago that they were looking to buy an understudy to Martin in january.

And i believe chris remains pretty popular with the vast majority

silly post tbh Tom/bris

12 hours ago, Anon said:

Why are you so scared to criticise the manager or the chairman? The fans are somehow responsible for Martin being dropped? You really believe Clement and Morris are so weak willed that a few moans and groans sway their thinking on players and transfers? Pull the other one.

In my opinion Martin should've been dropped for the last game, but Bent should've played up front. Martin was selected by almost everyone as one of the worst of a bad bunch in the Reading game. Don't hide behind stats and tell me if you think Martin offered enough in the Reading game to keep his place.

No , Johnson was the worst against Reading, with his comical defending in front of our box. Martin was below his best for sure but other factors than his play contribute to some fans wanting him dropped ( like those poor souls who feel personally insulted by Martin's response to foul abuse - you know who you are )

12 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Collective > Any one player

Did you honestly believe that changing our predominant CF, a player who links the play and draws our midfielders into play, for someone not fit for the role would do us good?

Martin does much more for this team than you realise. Did you not learn from last season's debacle? Can you not see how we're clearly a more efficient side with Martin at CF?

Results prove this... Even if he isn't scoring, or playing amazing.

I agree that he is a valuable player when playing well, regardless of whether he is scoring or not. But he hasn't been playing well, he hasn't been contributing and his body language has been awful. So no, we haven't been a more efficient side with him in the team of late and watching the team, who haven't as a rule been playing at the top of their game for a while, you could argue we could have played better without him. We will never know, but there's a certainly a case to argue.

Last season we didn't have an alternative to when he was injured/out of form - the management have clearly seen we need one so have brought in Blackman.

By saying the collective is bigger than one man, you are right. You are also contradicting yourself.

Anyway, I'm a big Martin fan. Just don't think he should be untouchable. No-one else is.

You know what, I'm getting a bit sick of all this Derby fans are ****.

I and, l guess, many others have supported Derby through thick and thin. Through the days of near extinction and trawling the depths of the football leagues.

Look back just a few years and you will see crowds in excess of 20,000 through years of boredom and rebuilding of our club.

Now because a few extra thousand who have crawled out of the woodwork like to boo and moan, all Derby fans are ****...really?

Yes the atmosphere is not great at the ground but that is more a modern day football rather than a DCFC thing.

The players are more than happy to lap up attention when things are going well so they must also prepared for the flip side of the coin.  

Call me a moron by all means but base it on the fact that year and year out I will spend hundreds maybe thousands of pounds following a team around the country with absolutely no guarantee of enjoyment!

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I and, l guess, many others have supported Derby through thick and thin. Through the days of near extinction and trawling the depths of the football leagues.

Look back just a few years and you will see crowds in excess of 20,000 through years of boredom and rebuilding of our club.

Now because a few extra thousand who have crawled out of the woodwork like to boo and moan, all Derby fans are ****...really?

Yes the atmosphere is not great at the ground but that is more a modern day football rather than a DCFC thing.

The players are more than happy to lap up attention when things are going well so they must also prepared for the flip side of the coin.  

Call me a moron by all means but base it on the fact that year and year out I will spend hundreds maybe thousands of pounds following a team around the country with absolutely no guarantee of enjoyment!

Well said sir. 

You see I can agree with you 100 percent on this. 

Its not a library at the IPRO either  and Derby fans often get behind the team  

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I couldn't agree more. As long as it's not excessive or degenerates to personal abuse then the players need to accept criticism when it's due. I agree the crowd helps to lift the players and ideally we should all be cheering and shouting encouragement throughout the game but it ain't always that easy. Finally, as I've said before, I don't believe Derby fans are unique. I'm sure you get just as much silence and sounds of discontent etc at the vast majority of other clubs. 

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I don't buy the 'fans have too high expectations' either.  We were top last season until McClaren started practising his Geordie accent around the dressing room and since then we have spent £25m - I think that naturally creates some expectations, with expansive football on occassions and effort being two of them.

Archived