Our fans are ****** part deux

Bris Vegas

Just like to thank our moronic fans who kept getting on Chris Martin's back.

Fun fact; Before Nick Blackman arrived, Martin had only scored two in his last 11 starts - or 1 in his last 10 starts.

Last 11 games, Chris Martin starting at CF with 4-3-3:

Huddersfield A (W), Rotherham H (W), QPR H (W), Forest A (L), Cardiff H (W), Hull A (W), Sheff Wed A (D), Brighton H (D), Ipswich A (W), Fulham H (W), Boro A (L).

So just to clarify, that's 7 Wins, 2 Draws and 2 Defeats = 23 points and certainly promotion form.

OK, so let's kick off Hudderfield away and make it one goal in ten starts = 20 points and certainly promotion form.

Now I'm not saying that your constant ridiculous criticism of Martin on here drove us to buy Nick Blackman, but that decision has ultimately rocked a boat which didn't need feckin rocking.

Like I said before - If it aint broke, don't fix it. Martin wasn't scoring, but our team was and his presence at CF gave our team a good shape. We were winning games, and on course for promotion.

But moronic fans compained he wasn't scoring, clearly some didn't think of the collective and aimed abuse at him. I hope those that have are happy now, because we've just set ourselves up for a repeat of last season.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You on Mostyn's rant:

On 16 January 2016 at 21:19, Bris Vegas said:

Not sure who the opening post is directed at.

But I wouldn't blame the fans for the current predicament. Paul Clement and the recruitment staff did that by themselves. Derby as a club haven't learned their lesson.

You now:

5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

But moronic fans compained he wasn't scoring, clearly some didn't think of the collective and aimed abuse at him. I hope those that have are happy now, because we've just set ourselves up for a repeat of last season.

Eh? Make your mind up.

Why are you so scared to criticise the manager or the chairman? The fans are somehow responsible for Martin being dropped? You really believe Clement and Morris are so weak willed that a few moans and groans sway their thinking on players and transfers? Pull the other one.

In my opinion Martin should've been dropped for the last game, but Bent should've played up front. Martin was selected by almost everyone as one of the worst of a bad bunch in the Reading game. Don't hide behind stats and tell me if you think Martin offered enough in the Reading game to keep his place.

5 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Eh? Make your mind up.

I'm not blaming the fans for our predicament. I'm openly criticising the behaviour on here when Martin wasn't scoring, and the ridiculous calls for changes.

Martin's reaction to scoring his penalty against Brighton clearly illustrated he felt under pressure from the supporters to start scoring again. Like a weight had been lifted off his back.

I don't believe the fans' complaints on here drove PC or MM to buy Nick Blackman. But I can't believe people were ignoring the basics - the collective is always more important than the individual.

We had no reason to change, we were on promotion form. Blackman was such a pointless signing.

Why do you need to start a new thread to basically repeat the rubbish Mostyn was spouting on the other thread.

You're as bad as all the fans who were having a go at Martin in creating disharmony with crap like this.

Fact is, Martin hasn't been playing well recently. Deserved dropping like any player not perfmorming should. It's up to him to fight his way back into the team, simple as that. No drama, until you post stuff like this.

Just now, VulcanRam said:

Why do you need to start a new thread to basically repeat the rubbish Mostyn was spouting on the other thread.

You're as bad as all the fans who were having a go at Martin in creating disharmony with crap like this.

Fact is, Martin hasn't been playing well recently. Deserved dropping like any player not perfmorming should. It's up to him to fight his way back into the team, simple as that. No drama, until you post stuff like this.

Collective > Any one player

Did you honestly believe that changing our predominant CF, a player who links the play and draws our midfielders into play, for someone not fit for the role would do us good?

Martin does much more for this team than you realise. Did you not learn from last season's debacle? Can you not see how we're clearly a more efficient side with Martin at CF?

Results prove this... Even if he isn't scoring, or playing amazing.

2 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Bris how have you gone from 900 followers to 26k followers in Twitter in a week ;)

Annoying fans with rants like this, I guess.

I'm a little bored, I needed to blurt something out. I apologise, but my point stands. We were doing just fine even if Martin wasn't scoring regularly. Think our fans are too hardpleased at times.

1 minute ago, WorksopRam said:

Sometimes, when you give a player more than two proper games before you slate them, they might surprise you. 

Seen him plenty of times for Reading to form a solid opinion. Besides, go on their forum and you'll quickly realise how all of them never rated Blackman at CF.

His better performances came from a high RW position, similarly to Tom Ince.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Seen him plenty of times for Reading to form a solid opinion. Besides, go on their forum and you'll quickly realise how all of them never rated Blackman at CF.

His better performances came from a high RW position, similarly to Tom Ince.

Hate to pull this card out but I don't think many rated Martin too highly before he joined us. But he's now a very big player for us, as you mentioned. 

Now I'm not saying drop Martin and play Blackman at CF every game. But given a few chances, he just might look good there for us in OUR team. 

47 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Fun fact; Before Nick Blackman arrived, Martin had only scored two in his last 11 starts - or 1 in his last 10 starts.

Last 11 games, Chris Martin starting at CF with 4-3-3:

Huddersfield A (W), Rotherham H (W), QPR H (W), Forest A (L), Cardiff H (W), Hull A (W), Sheff Wed A (D), Brighton H (D), Ipswich A (W), Fulham H (W), Boro A (L).

So just to clarify, that's 7 Wins, 2 Draws and 2 Defeats = 23 points and certainly promotion form.

OK, so let's kick off Hudderfield away and make it one goal in ten starts = 20 points and certainly promotion form.

Now I'm not saying that your constant ridiculous criticism of Martin on here drove us to buy Nick Blackman, but that decision has ultimately rocked a boat which didn't need feckin rocking.

Like I said before - If it aint broke, don't fix it. Martin wasn't scoring, but our team was and his presence at CF gave our team a good shape. We were winning games, and on course for promotion.

Mate I've heard Keogh , Bryson , Hughes all getting stick from the home fans and they are 3 top championship players , sometimes these guys go through bad patches so let's fling abuse at them don't encourage them , it seems to be the Derby way 

Archived