The Fawaz Circus 2016

9 hours ago, McRamFan said:

I think Andy Reid is finding new hiding places for his pie stash....

Reidy needs to be careful. Apparently a referee's bakery was blown up when he didn't let Olympiakos win! Definitely no more pies for the lads...

http://refereeingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/konstantineas-my-bakery-was-bombed.html?m=1

David Conn who wrote the Guardian piece is quite tenacious so I imagine this isn't going to disappear. For any gumps who want this guy to take over from Fridgey, they should be careful. It's out of the frying pan and into the fire. And we all remember how hard it was to get rid of criminal owners, who sound like minor players compared with this bloke. The Football League should have an absolute power of veto built into their regulations so it doesn't come down to who has the best lawyer.

While in some ways it would be funny for them to be run by an alleged gangster, it's something that English football doesn't need.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More on match-fixing & bombing a referee's bakery in the Mirror:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/revealed-would-nottingham-forest-owner-8451522

An extract from the article:

But Konstantineas – who also worked as a baker – refused to follow the match-fixers’ orders.

He said: “After the game when I went to the hotel I was threatened, ‘You’re finished, you’re this, you’re that, that’s the end of you’.

“A bomb was placed in my bakery and it exploded in the middle of the night. My business was destroyed instantly – 10 cars were damaged outside. It was nightmarish.

“This had never happened in my town before. Even the police inspector was shocked. The bomb exploded at 1.20am, and I had planned to go to work at 3am, which is typical for a baker. It was only sheer luck that no one was injured.”

Marinakis is on police bail, accused of having ordered that bombing as a ringleader of The System. He rejects the ­allegations.

Konstantineas got out of football and became an MP for Syriza, the ruling party in Greece.

It'll be rubber stamped as soon as the new management structure organogram is put forward with all the roles subject to scrutiny occupied by people who are "fit and proper" whilst the big scary man with lots of money has some sort of "totally not running things, just fluffs sponsors in the directors box" position.

In news tonight forest have got pereira from benfica on a season loan 

1) obviously a signing for the derby ' must have been delirious to get a player from a side that just ran rings round us.

2) benfica play in red so he can bring his own shirt and save fawaz a few bob. More extortion money in the kitty for Mr opodopolous.....

Geezer on ltlf (no idea how itk) says Nick the bubble has pulled out. 

For what that's worth. Today's signings would have me very concerned if we'd brought them in.

2 minutes ago, needles said:

Geezer on ltlf (no idea how itk) says Nick the bubble has pulled out. 

For what that's worth. Today's signings would have me very concerned if we'd brought them in.

Average goalkeeper and two absolute nobodies. 

How do you go about loaning an u20 from a b team? 

3 hours ago, philmycock said:

Congrats to Forest in beating their closest rivals today, more of a match for them now us and Leicester have become out of reach in terms of size and ability ;)

Won 2-1 via 2 huge deflected goals from range. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36320422

oh my god its going to get a whole lot worse, fawaz is a saint :blink:

Owner Fawaz Al Hasawi has told the BBC he hopes the takeover of Nottingham Forest will happen in the next month.

The BBC also understands that Greek shipping magnate Evangelos Marinakis, who is accused of match-fixing and directing a criminal organisation in Greece, is the potential buyer.

Marinakis, who owns Olympiakos, denies the allegations as prosecutors decide whether he will face trial in Greece.

Al Hasawi says he is awaiting Football League clearance for the deal.

Forest have said they will not go into detail about potential investors.

It is understood that Kuwati businessman Al Hasawi, who purchased the Championship club in 2012, will remain as chairman and still own 20%.

Wonder if this guy's been a forest fan for life too (like Fawaz apparently was), or if he sees this investment as an opportunity for some shady business that will eventually see Forest struck off and out of the record books like they never existed (like Chris Benoit or Hulk Hogan in WWE). 

That would be a real shame. 

That fit and proper persons test is a farce 

'have you been involved in anything dodgy at all?' 

'Nope'

'are you sure?'

'i am' 

'OK off you go, launder your money and rip off as many people as you like through the EFL' 

Archived