The Fawaz Circus 2016

G STAR RAM

15 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I don't disagree with much you're saying recently but this? Come on mate. We're on for another top 6 finish at least. We weren't even dreaming of 8th under Nige.

What I meant was he put a system in place that Steve mc then continued with. Bringing in team players on wages and personalities that contributed to your club ethos. 

That was thrown out the window when mc decided to 'go for it' at the end of last season with his loans. 

Instead of learning from that collapse you then went and brought those loanees which didn't seem to me like Clemences signing plus others. 

The signing of Blackman was, IMO unnecessary and a waste of money

remember I'm talking from experience 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, stoners said:

What I meant was he put a system in place that Steve mc then continued with. Bringing in team players on wages and personalities that contributed to your club ethos. 

That was thrown out the window when mc decided to 'go for it' at the end of last season with his loans. 

Instead of learning from that collapse you then went and brought those loanees which didn't seem to me like Clemences signing plus others. 

Ray is nowhere near our club.

Agree with you about blackman. I mean, if you're going to spunk cash on a winger to whip balls in then why not pay for an aerial central attacker rather than an expensive "might be a wide player but could be handy through the middle ".

I've no idea what the "Derby Way "  is at present. Unless they've renamed the ring road. 

Think it's been quoted across social... Leicester team £24.5m... Derby £23m.... Might be just me but we've spunked millions on not as good expected players.

Villa fans saying Weimann will "smash that league"... Etc

stamping feet? Yes maybe... But we lost our bottle once again and once again this post is off topic! ;)

If the past decade has taught us anything it's that we should really stop throwing £££ around. I can remember us doing it a few times in recent memory and it's never worked out well;

- spending in January when we were top of the table in the promotion season. Went from first to third before finally getting up

- panic spending in January of the disastrous PL season that put a financial millstone around our necks that took a good while to undo

And now we have this season, which seems to be going from bad to worse the more folks we bring in.

If anything, you'll probably appreciate our woes with the wonga as its not worked out for you lot either. Whether it be failed playoffs or flirting with relegation, you have just as many problems as we do with it. No coincidence that your best form, now, is coming during a time where you're limited in terms of what you can bring in, and have to work with what you have.

Tbh, it's probably best that neither of us can get into the PL - the thought of how much £££ we'd end up spending, chasing survival, well we've been there, done that, don't want to go there again, and I doubt your lot would enjoy it any more than we did.

11 hours ago, stoners said:

You're completely mistaken - our manager is Clement, not Clemence

Unfortunately, the rest of your post is probably pretty accurate:(

1 hour ago, stoners said:

Don't think I have laughed at your lots misfortune on here. 

you should get promoted but if you don't.... what next?

A couple of possibilities:

1. Sam Rush/ Mel are right and we will still pass FFP so we don't need to worry about anything. Just get rid of the bad apples and replace them with players who fit our system.

2. They were lying and we are set to fail FFP, so we sell some players like Hughes, Hendrick, Martin etc. for probably 15m + combined and get back on the right side of FFP. We would still have a really strong squad but wouldn't be able to continue splashing cash like this season.

One very good thing to come from this season is the major improvement to the academy. We've had planning permission accepted to extend and improve the facilities which (in the words of some bloke from the FA who visits facilities around the world) would result in us having one of the top ten facilities in Europe once completed. Add to that the players we've brought into the academy recently to speed up the progression, Luke Thomas (trial at Benfica, had interest from numerous Prem teams), Lewis Walker (son of Des, had a trial at Chelsea and also had interest from numerous Prem teams) and the players already here, Rawson, Mitchell, Elsnik etc. so whilst we may be in quite a rough patch, there's still plenty of things to be positive about.

Archived