Missing ingredient?

Eatonram

Firstly, is there something missing from our squad or the way we play?

Obviously that in itself is a matter of opinion and its clearly not an opinion that should be formed based on today. However, I am starting to lean towards "there is something not quite there"  Even with teams we've sometimes beaten convincingly they seem to have more pace in their team, particularly on a counter attack, also a sense of urgency or purpose that I sometimes I do not feel with the Rams at present. I feel this only needs a tweak here and there and not need to go mad in the transfer market, but I feel we may need a nudge forward to get automatic.

To be fair about today, boro look hungry and deserved their win..

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boro fan, in all fairness we have been saying the same about our team for two years, I think what was missing was belief and the experience gained last season...your much like we were a few moths ago...not to much wrong...good luck to us both getting promoted.

I think we are missing an element of surprise. Teams know what we are about now. 

Martin seems to be getting more and more isolated. Is it because we aren't getting players close enough to him? Or are teams wising up to him, cutting off his supply? His wardrobe trick is winning fewer free kicks than ever, are referees wise to him? Maybe he needs to adapt to this.

Can't help but feel we missed Forsyth today. I like Warnock, don't get me wrong, he's been excellent recently, but I think we needed more going forward from the full backs. With Leadbitter and Clayton suffocating the midfield, it needed the width. Friend and Nsue were working their nuts off going forward and back.

Or, we needed 10% more from all the players today. From what I heard on RD, sounded like Russell, Shackell and Hendrick had decent games, and some wonder saves from Grant.

Wide players don't do enough for me. 8/10 performances are few and far between.  

Warnock has the worst passing options in the team. There's nothing in front of him. Ever.

Always drop into that inside forward position and it's an impossible pass. 

We're fine as we are. But if we're talking about trying to improve then i'd look to the wingers. They aren't very helpful. Too happy to stand still while others bust a gut. 

Butterfield and Cyrus go out to those wing positions and embarass the wingers with some of the clever play.

They do have their moments. Mostly Ince. But he offers the least when we don't have the ball. 

They aren't rubbish. But they are the weakest area imo

12 minutes ago, fridge said:

Boro fan, in all fairness we have been saying the same about our team for two years, I think what was missing was belief and the experience gained last season...your much like we were a few moths ago...not to much wrong...good luck to us both getting promoted.

Boro fans are the best fans on here by a mile. Two silly goals but you were streets ahead of us fridge. Fair play.

Archived