Missing ingredient?

Eatonram

We need effective wingers, the amount of wasted pull backs and crosses is costing us dear. This season Russell never seems to find anyone at a pull back from the byline. It's like deja vu every time. Ince isn't a natural wide man, much better in the middle. We need a pacey winger that will continuously go to the byline and give Martin the service we know he thrives off. We need full backs supporting properly too, Christie does it in patches but losing Fozzy was a big blow to us.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another striker, a proven one like McCormack as Martin is bang out of form and yet we have no-one of real quality in the squad to replace him, and a winger(s) who can skin people alive - at the moment our attacking threat in the final third is abysmal. We really need to sort this to maintain a push for automatic promotion, as you can guarantee Boro and Hull will strengthen in the window. 

Nothing. Team is good enough to get automaticly promoted.

Of course we could always have better players, but it's not the missing ingredient, it's just flavour.

As a dessert Martin with the normal form would be tasty.

there is no missing ingredient i went to this match and saw us under the cosh until george went off and hendrick came on and completely transformed the game much faster ball through the middle and i thought we where the better side until butterfield was subbed so i think manager error put it down to experience and kick on ps i would drop martin for a game or two and put him on an intensive fitness program still a good player but weak link now to slow

If we had to balance the books to bring in reinforcements, we could look to off load, Martin and Russell plus Hendrick?

Bring in Afobe and McCormack.

Midfield when fit we would have Hughes, Bryson, Hendrick?

Up front we would have Bent, Weimann and Bennett

Not a bad starting 11, possibly with a defender good enough to complete in the prem?

Carson/Grant

Christie       Shacks              Keogh         Warnock

Butterfield    Thorne         Johnson

Ince                                              McCormack

Afobe

ince is wasted on the wing also we have an ex england striker  who has scored nearly 200 goals most of them at top level he has good pace and not bad inthe air we played them both recently and so scored five goals so why play one on the wing and sit the other on the bench

Will Hughes is not the answer if you are talking about servicing Daren bent. Hughes only passes sideways or into feet. Martin would benefit with Hughes in the team, but that also means the Derby midfield playing higher up the pitch. Bradley Johnson has been asked to play deeper to give greater protection to our defence, but at the expense of going forward. Will Hughes had a lot of games last season with bent, yet his service was as if bent plays like Martin, which we all know he doesn't.

11 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

We've played both Martin and Bent they both had the same end result, they get very little service, it's fairly obvious where the problems lie.

We have played bent a lot less then we have Martin. I know its only 3 games bent has started (leeds birmingham and bristol) but in those 3 we scored 8 goals so not sure the service comment is totally correct there. Maybe it is with Martins situation but then shouldn't we change the system to accommodate that?

Always said it but the formation against bristol is the one i think we should have at least in the big games anyway.

we need to attack more through middle this is what scares defenses and to do this we we need fast ball for bent to latch onto we did this against wolves and scared them to death we have two good overlapping fullbacks to make the crosses bring ince inside where he is most effective

Archived