Amazing performance

MuespachRam

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Says Eddie, who thinks it amusing to consistently mock anyone with a travelling disability.  

There are a number of posters on here who suffer disabilities. Should we perhaps establish some Disability Awareness Fan Training, but wouldn't that be DAFT?

p.s. I hope that low-hanging fruit jibe wasn't aimed at me.

I just don't like the idea of people taking the piss out of people who cannot adequately defend their own corner - never have had. I don't need to fight your corner - you are more than capable of being able to do that yourself.

3 minutes ago, eddie said:

I just don't like the idea of people taking the piss out of people who cannot adequately defend their own corner - never have had. I don't need to fight your corner - you are more than capable of being able to do that yourself.

Tbh, I read it as as taking the mick out of the posters style, rather than the poster himself? 

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

Tbh, I read it as as taking the mick out of the posters style, rather than the poster himself? 

So did I, but let's keep it our little secret.

;)

There's just no pleasing you lot sometimes. I hope you all steer clear of the iPro.

I am really trying my best to avoid profanity as well. Don't really want a warning point for abusing members.

But you all know what you are. Total total ones.

Under SM we rarely hit the heights against the top sides. We would spank bang teams playing free-flowing Brazilesque football but then come up short against the teams pushing for promotion.

Under PC we look the real deal. Solid throughout and can despatch teams efficiently and with minimal fuss. Very rare that a team goes up without being gritty and having the ability to get a result at your nearest challengers; this we have done regularly this season.

5 hours ago, RamNut said:

I just don't get it.

we play dour stuff v bristol city for an hour and everyone is happy 

we got some great stuff today at times and yet we're moaning

well......maybe fulham are a bit better than bristol city?

well i enjoyed it 

p.s. Jake butterfield is now also my favourite player.

Have to agree on the Butterfield comment I thought he was fantastic today !

Just now, Alpha said:

No shots on target in the first half?

We created a 1v1.

Darren Bent hit the bar in 2nd half. That's off target. 

Shots on target doesn't equal a quality chance

Wish there was a stat for "openings created", because we did that plenty enough. 

13 hours ago, needles said:

We haven't hit the scorching heights we reached at times in recent seasons, but we're resilient, determined, aggressive, organised and together. We are a formidable team to play against, just like some of the sides we've watched get promoted ahead of us in recent years while we were weaving pretty patterns and getting plaudits for entertainment.

We've played the divisions top scorers today and you could see why they get goals, but we shut them out. We weren't at our fluent best going forward but for me that's a lot to do with the balance in the midfield three which is a bit safety first at times. Nonetheless we've scored two, hit the bar with a cracker, and created another two or three good chances. Far more than they managed. 2-0. Job done.

The league table and stats speak for themselves, we were favourites for promotion and we're delivering. Not the finished article, but Clement knows that and he's got Mel's money behind him to try and add the final touches. I expect a rabbit out of the hat early in Jan...and if he gets the right one, who'd bet against us clicking into top gear and doing better in the second half of the season than we have in the first?

If people want to find a reason to criticise they can always do that, but I don't see the point. 

I agree totally, Needles.

McCormack is the guy that we need plus a bit of cover at LB and winger.

At 2.4 points per game over the last 18 games we garnered 43 points. If we had achieved that rate in the first 5 games as well we would now have 55 points. If we keep this standard up we will get another 55 points to end up with 102 points as Champions. A very tall order? I think Clement sort of expects us to maintain this standard.92 points will probably get usautomatic promotion but may not win us the League.Three horse race for me now. We need a draw at Boro and a win at home to Hull. The contenders cannot then affect our progress.

24 minutes ago, Rampage said:

At 2.4 points per game over the last 18 games we garnered 43 points. If we had achieved that rate in the first 5 games as well we would now have 55 points. If we keep this standard up we will get another 55 points to end up with 102 points as Champions. A very tall order? I think Clement sort of expects us to maintain this standard.92 points will probably get usautomatic promotion but may not win us the League.Three horse race for me now. We need a draw at Boro and a win at home to Hull. The contenders cannot then affect our progress.

I'll lose to Boro and Hull and win every other game, ta. 

15 minutes ago, curb said:

I've an idea, get Keogh Shacks and Thorne to lob some balls at their goal from the center circle, get our shots on target stats up and send the North Stand home happy on 86 minutes.

Sorted.

82. We're not hanging around for you or anybody.

14 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Says Eddie, who thinks it amusing to consistently mock anyone with a travelling disability.  

There are a number of posters on here who suffer disabilities. Should we perhaps establish some Disability Awareness Fan Training, but wouldn't that be DAFT?

p.s. I hope that low-hanging fruit jibe wasn't aimed at me.

You would be our supream leader (typo intended). [sic]

3 hours ago, Srg said:

Wish there was a stat for "openings created", because we did that plenty enough. 

Exactly. It looked like Martin was put through as well but took too long? 

There was a chance where Russell had Martin and Ince in like a 3v2 and passed it between them for what should have been an easy finish? Couldn't see clearly from the SS. 

Ince had a couple of great opportunities in the first half that he wasted.

There were quite a few exchanges with Cyrus that ended in great shooting opportunities but the shots were terrible. 

Thorne could have had a 1v1 too had he not been a donkey for 45 minutes. Slow and sleepy. 

All better chances than a couple of Fulham's shots on target. 

Good save by Grant though at 1-0. 

Archived