Amazing performance

MuespachRam

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't give a monkeys what people think about recent performances - at the moment, it is ALL about points, and we've got more than anyone else. Everything else is just something for the unwashed to moan about.

2 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Really really poor today with the ball.

Did well defensively again.

I'll presume the "amazing performance" title is for our half season performance and not the shower I witnessed today.

No, just Muespach trying to be funny by mocking someone with a learning disability.

Low-hanging fruit.

I just don't get it.

we play dour stuff v bristol city for an hour and everyone is happy 

we got some great stuff today at times and yet we're moaning

well......maybe fulham are a bit better than bristol city?

well i enjoyed it 

p.s. Jake butterfield is now also my favourite player.

Learning disability? i didnt realise. He's done well for himself. I cant say im suprised we dont see much of him anymore.

Got a lot to get his teeth into since he landed the QPR Job.

*nb If you dont know what Im talking about check out B4s profile picture.

46 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Really really poor today with the ball.

Did well defensively again.

I'll presume the "amazing performance" title is for our half season performance and not the shower I witnessed today.

Shower? Is this a wind-up? I'm guessing you were in the Boxing Day half-fan seats?

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

I just don't get it.

we play dour stuff v bristol city for an hour and everyone is happy 

we got some great stuff today at times and yet we're moaning

well......maybe fulham are a bit better than bristol city?

well i enjoyed it 

p.s. Jake butterfield is now also my favourite player.

Agree.

Well, I thought we were ok v Bristol but today I didn't see us as poor. The passing was fast and at times quite ambitious. Always going to be errors when you do things fast. 

Butterfield was brilliant. So sharp. Really good player isn't he? 

Look through the team for who contributed to a "poor performance"... I'm struggling. Thorne? Johnson patchy on the ball as always but that's part of the package. Martin? 

Don't think anyone was "poor". Whereas 3 or so were bloody good!

50 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Shower? Is this a wind-up? I'm guessing you were in the Boxing Day half-fan seats?

I cant really fault the centre backs, and Christie was good throughout. But the rest were all below pair.

In the first half, Ince, Russell, thorne, johnson and to an extent warnock and butterfield, just couldnt pass to anyone, just kept giving the ball away whether it was long passing or short.

They improved second half but still didnt cut them open. Russell did well in the lead up the opener, even though she should have shot. Christie, ince and buttefield were linking up well in the second half after we scored.

To those south standers who see a different game to me from the other end. We didnt have a shot on target for the whole of the first half against a team who we know are poor defensively. 2nd half our opener came 60 odd mins in from a great opportunity were we didnt actually make an attempt on goal ourselves. I agreed completely with PCs summary of the game, perhaps you should listen to his interview.

Butterfield needed to play with higher quality players. His game is now developing by the week. Looks a bargain, even at £4 million to me I think that he is developing into a Premiership player. he has so many options to pass the ball, at times he is spoiled for choice.

We haven't hit the scorching heights we reached at times in recent seasons, but we're resilient, determined, aggressive, organised and together. We are a formidable team to play against, just like some of the sides we've watched get promoted ahead of us in recent years while we were weaving pretty patterns and getting plaudits for entertainment.

We've played the divisions top scorers today and you could see why they get goals, but we shut them out. We weren't at our fluent best going forward but for me that's a lot to do with the balance in the midfield three which is a bit safety first at times. Nonetheless we've scored two, hit the bar with a cracker, and created another two or three good chances. Far more than they managed. 2-0. Job done.

The league table and stats speak for themselves, we were favourites for promotion and we're delivering. Not the finished article, but Clement knows that and he's got Mel's money behind him to try and add the final touches. I expect a rabbit out of the hat early in Jan...and if he gets the right one, who'd bet against us clicking into top gear and doing better in the second half of the season than we have in the first?

If people want to find a reason to criticise they can always do that, but I don't see the point. 

1 hour ago, eddie said:

No, just Muespach trying to be funny by mocking someone with a learning disability.

Low-hanging fruit.

Says Eddie, who thinks it amusing to consistently mock anyone with a travelling disability.  

There are a number of posters on here who suffer disabilities. Should we perhaps establish some Disability Awareness Fan Training, but wouldn't that be DAFT?

p.s. I hope that low-hanging fruit jibe wasn't aimed at me.

12 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

I cant really fault the centre backs, and Christie was good throughout. But the rest were all below pair.

In the first half, Ince, Russell, thorne, johnson and to an extent warnock and butterfield, just couldnt pass to anyone, just kept giving the ball away whether it was long passing or short.

They improved second half but still didnt cut them open. Russell did well in the lead up the opener, even though she should have shot. Christie, ince and buttefield were linking up well in the second half after we scored.

To those south standers who see a different game to me from the other end. We didnt have a shot on target for the whole of the first half against a team who we know are poor defensively. 2nd half our opener came 60 odd mins in from a great opportunity were we didnt actually make an attempt on goal ourselves. I agreed completely with PCs summary of the game, perhaps you should listen to his interview.

Perhaps you shouldn't expect a Barcelona performance every week, we won, we were under par, but we ground out a valuable win and are top of the league, I'm glad I'm a south-stander, backing the team and not moaning all match, at least I came home happy, not wingeing like you, sort yerself out kidda

35 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Perhaps you shouldn't expect a Barcelona performance every week, we won, we were under par, but we ground out a valuable win and are top of the league, I'm glad I'm a south-stander, backing the team and not moaning all match, at least I came home happy, not wingeing like you, sort yerself out kidda

And you have the decency to wipe chocolate off your hands before shaking hands with me.

Archived