The Corner Pin, Chellaston

uttoxram75

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-35150681

Six people have been arrested after a man was seriously injured in a brawl involving dozens of people at a pub, police said.

A 27-year-old man, who remains in critical condition in hospital, was injured with "some sort of weapon", police said.

About 50 people were involved in the fight at the Corner Pin in Chellaston, Derby, early on Sunday.

A 29-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of violent disorder.

A 31-year-old woman was also arrested along with two men aged 17 and 22, and two, 27-year-olds.

The woman has been released on bail while the men are still being questioned.

All over the local news, wtf was all that about?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone at work yesdi mentioned summat about gangs.

But now somebody's in hospital and a few people have had their Christmas ruined, is it really worth getting into a fight over? 

Not related, but there were two 13 year old boys attacked in the River Gardens by a random 18 yr old, police put out CCTV video of it and arrested this thug yesterday. What I found shocking watching it was that nobody helped! 

I reckon it's a safe bet that drugs are evident in both cases, River Gardens reeks of the stink.

Geographically it's my local, but I've only been in there once as it's a pretty unpleasant pub at the est of times. 

The local gossip has it that a group of locals were in there having a 'remembrance' drink for a lad from Chellaston who died recently. The A1 gang decided to also have a drink in there and the two groups clashed. Lots of glasses were thrown and some knives appeared. Two people were severely injured with one still in a coma. I've heard from different people that he was either stabbed or shot. The police are mainly concerned about gang violence and want to stop A1 from becoming a massive problem again.

28 minutes ago, Ovis aries said:

Has Derby depleted so much, about 20 years ago when I used to work around there, Osmaston was the "rougher" of the two and Chellaston, particularly the further you got toward Sawley, the more affluent and select.

Chellaston is really nice and has become even more affluent with the new estates full of luxury detached houses. There are a few rough families left in housing association properties, but generally it's nice, quiet suburb. The Corner Pin itself is just a neglected dive and attracts the dodgy elements  - I'll be amazed if it retains its licence after this.

Chellaston has always had people ready to brawl and had some handy lads around there.

I worked for Crockers Marquee hire many years ago and used to drink in the corner pin and the red lion and saw some lively nights and days in both.

We were in the pin one Sunday  late afternoon when it was snowing really heavy and it kicked off after a lad had his pool cue nudged by one of the lads I worked with and wouldn't accept my mates apology. He had 2 big problems though, firstly the lad I worked with was a nutter and secondly, all the lads in the pin knew us and this other lad and his mates were from the Brackens.

It kicked off and these lads were taking a proper beating when the lights went out due to the snow clinging to some power lines which caused a blackout so it ended up with you hitting anyone near you because it was that dark. The lights were only off for a minute or 2 and they got finished off and put out the door.

The Red Lion was always the more lively though and got trashed a few times with fruit machines getting wrecked and the windows in the bar going through one day after a battle with a load of pikeys. Agghhh the good old days :D

13 hours ago, ladyram said:

Someone at work yesdi mentioned summat about gangs.

But now somebody's in hospital and a few people have had their Christmas ruined, is it really worth getting into a fight over? 

Not related, but there were two 13 year old boys attacked in the River Gardens by a random 18 yr old, police put out CCTV video of it and arrested this thug yesterday. What I found shocking watching it was that nobody helped! 

I reckon it's a safe bet that drugs are evident in both cases, River Gardens reeks of the stink.

Not forgetting this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-35168093

What's happening to the Derbyshire we know and love eh?

The Corner Pin is fully boarded up with metal plates over all the doors and windows. If it opens again it'll be under a very new management regime.

Interestedly, Lidl have bought the disused Catholic Church and have agreed a deal to buy the adjacent Rose and Crown subject to getting planning permission for a supermarket. The Corner Pin is next door to the Rose and Crown - I could easily imagine Lidl buying that as well to make a really decent sized site.

There is a bit of campaign going to stop Lidl from knocking down the Rose and Crown, but it appears that far more residents want a decent supermarket than are bothered about a pretty average pub. It'll seem a bit odd though, suddenly having no pubs on the main road in Chellaston after there being three until recently - the Red Lion was converted into a little Tesco a few t=years back.

Archived