Granty

1977 Ram Raider

1 hour ago, AnimalisaRam said:

Love Grant, but it has to be Carson, when fit. We seem so much calmer with him, which seems to be doubled with Shackell in front of him.

Shame he's gone from Play Off Semi hero to hate figure.

Don't think anyone hates him as such,  It's just that, well, last night.... FOR F'Ks SAKE!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the team like we have, keeper's most needed attribute is propably concentration. Which Grant doesn't seem to have at all. I don't think I've criticized Derby player as much as him before, but then again, IMO he was poor sgining so I have the right :huh:

The brain melt that Grant had was compounded by the fact that he tried to remedy the situation by continuing to chase the ball down.

It was a horrible error which cost us a goal, there is no doubt about that. However, it's the only error he has made since he stepped up following Carson's injury, and some of the saves he has made in that period address the balance to the point that as far as I am concerned, he's still in credit.

Not getting to matches these days your opinion is one of the many I read to get an idea on how things are really going Eddie. You say Grant's in credit so I must take that into account when forming my opinion on this matter but I can't help but wonder what effect Grant playing does or the players confidence, if some of us think he's a howler waiting to happen, you wonder if the players think the same.

I can't help being concerned Carson's injury seems to be dragging on.

29 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Not getting to matches these days your opinion is one of the many I read to get an idea on how things are really going Eddie. You say Grant's in credit so I must take that into account when forming my opinion on this matter but I can't help but wonder what effect Grant playing does or the players confidence, if some of us think he's a howler waiting to happen, you wonder if the players think the same.

I can't help being concerned Carson's injury seems to be dragging on.

Having witnessed his problems last season, the one at Leeds was totally different to anything that had gone before. Basically he was TOO decisive, not at all jittery like he looked at Rotherham, Huddersfield, Wolves etc in that dreadful run-in last season. You could almost see what was going through his mind - "Oops! Bad punch.... I can get to it.... Oh no I can't .... Must block the cross..... I can still get this... no I can't ..... bugger..... time to chase back.... I can reach the cross.... must push it out of danger.... bugger!"

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Having witnessed his problems last season, the one at Leeds was totally different to anything that had gone before. Basically he was TOO decisive, not at all jittery like he looked at Rotherham, Huddersfield, Wolves etc in that dreadful run-in last season. You could almost see what was going through his mind - "Oops! Bad punch.... I can get to it.... Oh no I can't .... Must block the cross..... I can still get this... no I can't ..... bugger..... time to chase back.... I can reach the cross.... must push it out of danger.... bugger!"

I agree. He had to make 5 or 6 decisions in a really shot space of time. Some of them bad ones. Hope that's all his poor decisions made on one go.

Archived