Half time shenanigans

unclej

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

As ridiculous as it may sound, the OP does make a reasonable point.

Standing round in a circle doing kick ups is no way of warming up and is something you would expect in a school playground rather than from professional footballers.

why are they going to go through a thorough warm up when they are not going to go on any time soon. Pointless. 

8 hours ago, jimbobram said:

why are they going to go through a thorough warm up when they are not going to go on any time soon. Pointless. 

How do you know someone will not get injured straight after kick off?

Not saying go through a full warm up but at least do something that makes you look half professional rather than like a 10 year old on the park.

They're not out there on their own, there is a coach with them. So I'm sure Clement is aware of it and if he's okay with it then who are we to tell players how to warm up.

They do a little jog from side to side after a while anyway

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

How do you know someone will not get injured straight after kick off?

Not saying go through a full warm up but at least do something that makes you look half professional rather than like a 10 year old on the park.

How do you know someone won't get injured at any point in the game? With this logic should they be warming up for the full 90 minutes?

Why do a full warm up at half time if you know you're not coming on? Typically sides will make changes from 60 mins onwards, so they'd have to warm up again anyway...

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

How do you know someone won't get injured at any point in the game? With this logic should they be warming up for the full 90 minutes?

Why do a full warm up at half time if you know you're not coming on? Typically sides will make changes from 60 mins onwards, so they'd have to warm up again anyway...

The longer you go without doing anything the more you need to do later. Doing a little at half time shortens the amount you need to do before you come on 30 minutes later. A warm up doesn't completely wear off in half an hour. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

The longer you go without doing anything the more you need to do later. Doing a little at half time shortens the amount you need to do before you come on 30 minutes later. A warm up doesn't completely wear off in half an hour. 

They do do things on the pitch though. They aren't standing completely still for the 15. As someone already mentioned, they can jog in straight lines any time they want during the game. Half time is an opportunity to learn the pitch, how the ball is moving on that day etc etc.

Just now, Kernow said:

They do do things on the pitch though. They aren't standing completely still for the 15. As someone already mentioned, they can jog in straight lines any time they want during the game. Half time is an opportunity to learn the pitch, how the ball is moving on that day etc etc.

Sure, but if they don't feel they need to do then whatever. The ball's movement on the iPro pitch is not going to change very much at all, and they train on a replica anyway. 

I haven't seen a problem with players coming on looking off the pace, sometimes they haven't gotten into the game a la Bryson against Hull but we were letting Hull have all the ball.

Now if I see players come on and look lost maybe this will be worth the discussion, right now I'm confused as to why I even added anything to this thread. 

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

I'm sure the coaching staff are better informed than you and if it was an issue it would be corrected.

3 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

I'm sure the coaching staff are better informed than you and if it was an issue it would be corrected.

I'm on the side of what they're doing! 

If there is anything being said of merit in the half-time dressing perhaps they should be in there listening to that rather than all this on-the-pitch tom foolery.  Surely this is just an overt display by the club to the fans, showing us the players that are on stand-by and available.  That makes far more sense, and explains why they look so embarrassed.  'I don't care what you do just get out there lads and show them you are still alive...'

On 02/12/2015, 17:36:36, eddie said:

The great thing about a flask, tartan or otherwise, is it keeps cold things cold and hot things hot.

I've got two coffees and a choc-ice in mine.

A choc-ice? F**king brilliant. Takes me back that does, it's all Magnums and lattes now. How about a Brunch or an Iceberger? 

1 hour ago, King Puck said:

A choc-ice? F**king brilliant. Takes me back that does, it's all Magnums and lattes now. How about a Brunch or an Iceberger? 

Not everything from the good old days was good.

My first beer in England was Watneys Brown. I was 12 and loved it.

I soon learned.

Archived