Hendrick going to court in March

admira

3 hours ago, loweman2 said:

it was mainly drink driving related incidents and a few other "strange" occurrences ! and it wasn't borrawash it was Redditch.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1452792/Ex-England-soccer-star-who-turned-to-alcohol-jailed.html

"He....had smeared his own excrement on the interior ........Charles admitted failing to provide a specimen".

Er?

Sounds like he definately provided a specimen.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/3/2016 at 12:59, GboroRam said:

He's lucky the joint enterprise law was kicked out last month.

Kicked out where?  He is on trial in Ireland.  I'm not sure what the law regarding joint enterprise is in the Republic (or anywhere for that matter), but whatever it is, it's not going to have changed due to a Supreme Court ruling in the UK.

We simply don't know what happened and what he did and it's foolish to take newspaper reports of the incident at face value, the more sensational the story the better they like it.  I hope he didn't do anything as serious as has been suggested, because if he did.. he deserves to spend some time in jail.  It makes no difference what people say to him..any physically violent response can't be justified.   

8 hours ago, Highgate said:

Kicked out where?  He is on trial in Ireland.  I'm not sure what the law regarding joint enterprise is in the Republic (or anywhere for that matter), but whatever it is, it's not going to have changed due to a Supreme Court ruling in the UK.

We simply don't know what happened and what he did and it's foolish to take newspaper reports of the incident at face value, the more sensational the story the better they like it.  I hope he didn't do anything as serious as has been suggested, because if he did.. he deserves to spend some time in jail.  It makes no difference what people say to him..any physically violent response can't be justified.   

I'm not sure if joint enterprise was ever in force in the Republic. I was more saying how minor transgressions become serious offences with it, and personally I'd be happy not to have it to worry about if I was going to court. 

I do wonder how butterfield is the midfielder that always finds himself on the bench when Johnson and Hendrick are picked.

If he is insistent on playing Hendrick, I would play Butterfield alongside him and play Bryson in the position Johnson is currently playing in.

Bryson is full of running, can score goals and remains our best player for linking up with Martin...it makes perfect sense really.

Johnson, id sell to mcturks for kebab meat.

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I do wonder how butterfield is the midfielder that always finds himself on the bench when Johnson and Hendrick are picked.

Butterfield can't tackle a fish supper. I don't think that means he shouldn't ever be picked and we should be looking for ways to get him and Bryson in the same 11, but there are flaws in his game and I'm finding it increasingly annoying that huge swathes of our fanbase overlook them because he scores some absolute belters which apparently absolves him of any defensive responsibility.

4 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

He winked to reddogs when taking corner lol. 

evidence, link? :-)

sure Jeff has had his fill of evidence

1 minute ago, igorlegend said:

evidence, link? :-)

sure Jeff has had his fill of evidence

Lol it was front of me when walking to the corner with the ball. Saw it. Sorry I didn't take picture at the time. Next time I'll take one;-) 

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Lol it was front of me when walking to the corner with the ball. Saw it. Sorry I didn't take picture at the time. Next time I'll take one;-) 

good action plan. Anyway, thought this week you were appointed secret camfan.....to watch for any in fighting in home end after you missed it all last week (allegedly)

2 hours ago, Anon said:

Butterfield can't tackle a fish supper. I don't think that means he shouldn't ever be picked and we should be looking for ways to get him and Bryson in the same 11, but there are flaws in his game and I'm finding it increasingly annoying that huge swathes of our fanbase overlook them because he scores some absolute belters which apparently absolves him of any defensive responsibility.

He can't tackle a fish supper yet is so often played holding midfielder.

Imagine if we had a manager who played him to his strengths, rather than clown clement who kept putting him at defensive mid.

He should be played slightly further forward ready to play killer passes.

Butterfield is up there with the best midfielders we have.

13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He can't tackle a fish supper yet is so often played holding midfielder.

Imagine if we had a manager who played him to his strengths, rather than clown clement who kept putting him at defensive mid.

He should be played slightly further forward ready to play killer passes.

Butterfield is up there with the best midfielders we have.

He has barely ever been played as holding midfielder. Clement normally asked Johnson to drop deeper if Thorne or Baird weren't playing. I do agree that Clement kept the even the more advanced midfielders on a relatively tight leash and it would be interesting to see what Butterfield is capable of with the reins loosened.

4 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I've heard that Hendrick only pulled him out of the cab by his shirt, surely that's only a yellow card!

Apparently the other guy clattered into Carson first though, and anyway Jeff plays for Derby so he should get found not guilty by rights.

On 17/03/2016 at 16:43, TroyDyer said:

Mind you, I shouldn't be surprised. This is the same justice system that allows you to abuse kids, and receive nowt but a knighthood. 

Oh no it isn't. I can't see Uachtarain Na hEireann (President of Ireland) giving anyone a knighthood, let alone, as William Shakespeare said in one of his lesser known insults, a base footballer!!

I think I am now of the firm opinion that 12 fantastic jurors will be found easily, within the locality of the court.

:-)

16 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

BBC reporting jeff has is a major doubt for Ireland due to a shoulder injury, thats come out of no where. 

Happened somewhat early on in the Forest match (can't remember exactly when). He stood up after getting fouled and immediately reached for his shoulder wincing. My immediate worry was that it was perhaps the same shoulder he dislocated ages ago since those things can become a reoccuring problem but I can't remember if it's the same shoulder. Anyways this bit of news doesn't surprise me. He probably carried on through the game despite any discomfort since it was an important match but perhaps now a few days later it's giving him problems

2 hours ago, igorlegend said:

I think I am now of the firm opinion that 12 fantastic jurors will be found easily, within the locality of the court.

:-)

Me too!

Probably not till after the Euros, though.

Archived