Next 10 games...

ck-

A bit disappointed to be off the top so quickly, but I hadn't quite realised how much better our current form is than that of Middlesborough and Brighton. 

If it carries on for next 10 games we will be 5 or 6 points clear.

What are your thoughts on that? Will we carry on at 2.5 points a game or will we implode?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ck- said:

A bit disappointed to be off the top so quickly, but I hadn't quite realised how much better our current form is than that of Middlesborough and Brighton. 

What are your thoughts on that? Will we carry on at 2.5 points a game or will we implode?

Neither. 

I think we'll win, draw and lose some. I think we'll be in the top few in the table form-wise for a lot of games to come and just hope that those around us ease off a bit. 

5 minutes ago, ck- said:

I look at it the other way, not disappointed at all. Im over the moon we are so close especially after 4 points from the first 5 games. As you say current form is fantastic, keep that up and we could be a few points clear.

We wont implode.

We could be brilliant this season, but there isn't much you can do when everyone else around you is winning too.

Could be one of those seasons. A Far cry from when Hull last won automatic promotion on 79 points!

I'd be more pished being a Hull fan now. They've been brilliant of late, lost just one in their last 13 or something like that and they're now down in fourth. Crazy stuff.

14 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

We could be brilliant this season, but there isn't much you can do when everyone else around you is winning too.

Could be one of those seasons. A Far cry from when Hull last won automatic promotion on 79 points!

I'd be more pished being a Hull fan now. They've been brilliant of late, lost just one in their last 13 or something like that and they're now down in fourth. Crazy stuff.

This is spot on.

Granted our form over ten games looks good, but we caught everyone up four games ago and haven't progressed in the sense that all of the top five are in simply incredible form. Last year there was a top eight that went away, but not quite so spectacularly. The year before it was a top three. This time it's a top five. In those previous seasons we were the ones to finish eighth and third so it's wise to manage expectations. But with such a significant gap to the playoffs it is likely the current top five will all finish up in the top six.

As long as we keep defending as well as we are and Carson keeps making top class saves, we are always go to give ourselves a chance to win. Can't see why we can't go to Wednesday and put in a similar display to last night. If we beat Wednesday, I fully believe we can be the first team to beat Brighton (if they don't lose next week). Would be nice to blow them away in a similar style to the play off semi second leg 13/14. 

I can't see why we can't go on and win 7 or 8 of the next 10. I hope Martin starts scoring again soon, I really want him to get to 100 for Derby. 

18 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I think Chris already has over 50 goals for us in all competitions. 46 in the league however.

Yeah somewhere around there. Who was the last player to score over 100 for Derby? Being relatively young, I don't think we have had a striker who has scored more than 50 for Derby since I've been supporting us. 

9 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Yeah somewhere around there. Who was the last player to score over 100 for Derby? Being relatively young, I don't think we have had a striker who has scored more than 50 for Derby since I've been supporting us. 

Bobby Davison I believe who last played for us 1991 

I set ourselves a target before the Cardiff game of 8 points from the next four. Cardiff (H), Hull (A), Sheff Wed (A) and Brighton (H) are all difficult fixtures, so this run always was/is going to be a challenge.

We're half-way through this little block and we have 6 points. So really I should be happy with a point against both Sheff Wed and Brighton to take us to 8 points from the four. Would it be greedy to hope for more than two? I think we can definitely win one of the two. Get a point in the other and it's a fantastic return. Get a win in both and 12 points from those four games and it's E I E I E I O

1 hour ago, loweman2 said:

Bobby Davison I believe who last played for us 1991 

We're due one then. Although I'd imagine if we do get promoted the goals won't come quite as frequently for him. Then again looking at Vardy now anyone can make that step up with determination. 

The value of Carson cannot be overestimated. His quality saves can make the difference between a loss and a draw or a draw and a win. A bit of clinical finishing is vital but we have potential goalscorers all over the pitch. We are excellent in defence so any game is winnable. We are capable of winning games because we defend well, can take chances and Carson can make exceptional saves.We re not unbeatable but we could win any game.

Time to make a fresh start now. It has taken us 18 games to catch up and to have two points per game. In the final 28 games, we need 56 points at two points per game. Whichever team wins the League this year will deserve to do so.No room for mistakes but the Rams are still improving.

It's tight amongst the top four... But we are already 8 points clear of brum in fifth place. Too early to say we are in the play offs look at last year but I can't see that happening gain ... Famous last words?

20 minutes ago, super rams said:

Two things you need for promotion is luck and we had plenty of that in the 2nd half last night and the other thing you need is to beat the teams around you.....and we done that last night.

We now need to do it again against Wednesday and Brighton and there is no reason why we shouldn't.

Other than the fact that Clement is not up to it...or has that changed now?

Not sure what luck you are referring to either? 

19 minutes ago, super rams said:

Two things you need for promotion is luck and we had plenty of that in the 2nd half last night and the other thing you need is to beat the teams around you.....and we done that last night.

We now need to do it again against Wednesday and Brighton and there is no reason why we shouldn't.

Genuine question: do you think we had lots of luck?  I thought in terms of clear cut chances we had as many. Thorne shot going in until Weiman deflected to their keeper and Ince chance late on. 

Plus I recall a Martin header that went straight at their keeper and of course Christie cutting them wide open before stumbling at the vital moment. 

On real clear cut chances I'd say we had as many as them plus the ones we actually scored so you'd have to say it's not really lucky to have won. 

But I do get your point that we could have been unlucky and conceded a couple. 

I suppose what I'm blathering on about is that we'd have been unlucky to concede more than we scored, rather than being lucky to score more than we conceded. 

2 hours ago, super rams said:

Does anyone know what Paul Clements win percentage is?

Archived