Marcus Olsson

SantosHalper

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, so we need cover for Warnock. We could probably also do with a left back who can push forward more than Warnock. We could ideally do with an experienced player who could slot straight into the side. It would be even better if we could get the player cheaply, so someone entering the last part of their contract would certainly be of interest.

This transfer makes so much sense...there's no way it'll happen. It's just not the Derby County way. We're more likely to buy another striker to play on the wing.

Was published an hour or so ago

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/21/derby-county-are-set-to-seal-deal-for-marcus-olsson/

Blackburn Rovers defender Marcus Olsson is set for a move to Derby County, HITC Sport understands.

The 27-year-old is out-of-contract at the end of the season and has turned an offer of a new deal to remain at Ewood Park.

Now, rather than lose him for nothing in the summer, Blackburn have accepted an offer from promotion hopefuls Derby as they look to bolster their squad for the final run-in.

Olsson, who was Blackburn's Player of the Year last season, followed his twin Martin to the club in 2012, joining from Halmstads in Sweden.

He has gone onto make over 100 appearances for the Lancashire outfit playing mainly in defence but also in midfield.

Now he is in talks with Derby and looks set to seal a move to the iPro Stadium in the coming days.

After splashing out for the likes of Abdoul Camara and Nick Blackman earlier this month, Derby had suggested they would not bring in any more new faces - but clearly Paul Clement feels additional new faces are required.

Good signing. Its the only position we're not fully covered for, so makes sense.

But, its another in. We need to let some players go even if its on loan. The size of our squad is getting seriously big.

In fact, I don't like the way we're going at all with signing after signing. I was pleased to hear we'd done our business early in this transfer window. But I knew it wouldn't be the case.

This signing makes sense, Blackman doesn't. I'm not sure Camara does either. I hate to think that we're panicking but that's what it looks like. Bryson is the player who will make a huge difference, and we already have him.

A team will get us promoted. We can't even pick an A team at the minute. 

1 hour ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

Good signing. Its the only position we're not fully covered for, so makes sense.

But, its another in. We need to let some players go even if its on loan. The size of our squad is getting seriously big.

In fact, I don't like the way we're going at all with signing after signing. I was pleased to hear we'd done our business early in this transfer window. But I knew it wouldn't be the case.

This signing makes sense, Blackman doesn't. I'm not sure Camara does either. I hate to think that we're panicking but that's what it looks like. Bryson is the player who will make a huge difference, and we already have him.

A team will get us promoted. We can't even pick an A team at the minute. 

Camara makes sense mate. 

We lacked pace in the wide areas. 

I dont know about anybody else. But ive been screaming out for a winger with pace, who gets to the byline and gets balls in the box. Because Russell, Weimann and Ince do not do that. Russell and Weimann in particular. 

Harsh to say Blackman doesnt make sense. He has played in 2 of our worst performances of the season and in the game he playex up top, he got no service whatsoever. 

22 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Camara makes sense mate. 

We lacked pace in the wide areas. 

I dont know about anybody else. But ive been screaming out for a winger with pace, who gets to the byline and gets balls in the box. Because Russell, Weimann and Ince do not do that. Russell and Weimann in particular. 

Harsh to say Blackman doesnt make sense. He has played in 2 of our worst performances of the season and in the game he playex up top, he got no service whatsoever. 

I'm not saying Blackman isn't going to be good enough, but he's a risk at that price and I don't think he was really needed. We have Bent and Weimann and Ince.

I agree re. Pace going forward though. We've been seriously lacking pace all season and that's part of the Martin problem - nobody getting up to support him/pick up his lay offs. But, again, Camara isn't necessarily needed. Russell, Ince, Weimann all have pace but all are guilty of choosing the wrong option all the time. Russell in particular this season - he rarely goes past anyone like he once did. Ince too predictable and Weimann a bit headless. But surely that's where they need coaching? Rather than we buy another option. We know what we have is more than capable.

That said, maybe they can't be coached to do what we want and then the only solution is replace them?

I just don't thinking spend, spend, spend suits the club or the fans.

27 minutes ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

I'm not saying Blackman isn't going to be good enough, but he's a risk at that price and I don't think he was really needed. We have Bent and Weimann and Ince.

I agree re. Pace going forward though. We've been seriously lacking pace all season and that's part of the Martin problem - nobody getting up to support him/pick up his lay offs. But, again, Camara isn't necessarily needed. Russell, Ince, Weimann all have pace but all are guilty of choosing the wrong option all the time. Russell in particular this season - he rarely goes past anyone like he once did. Ince too predictable and Weimann a bit headless. But surely that's where they need coaching? Rather than we buy another option. We know what we have is more than capable.

That said, maybe they can't be coached to do what we want and then the only solution is replace them?

I just don't thinking spend, spend, spend suits the club or the fans.

Pickering spent shed loads at first and also didn't get instant results. So not sure that spending money is a bad thing for this club... But like a lot of fans we don't have much patience. 

41 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Pickering spent shed loads at first and also didn't get instant results. So not sure that spending money is a bad thing for this club... But like a lot of fans we don't have much patience. 

But the past two seasons we've been so close, so really were potentially taking a step backwards. Surely the team needed tweaking and we needed a manager with a plan b. Not wholesale changes and the risk of upsetting the apple cart?.

I'm sure I'm wrong on this but it's got to stop soon. Buying promotion isn't for me (I preferred Chelsea pre 2004), as a football fan, but I understand footballs a business now and the money is obviously in the Prem.

Archived