Marcus Olsson

SantosHalper

3 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Actually signing a Lb instead of warnock isn't a " i want it now" thing it's more to do with the fact that he is quite old and takes his fair share of knocKs and someone younger is needed to replace or cover for him. Some young players are being signed too. 

I don't want to sign another left back until we've had a chance to see what Max Lowe can do. Hopefully he'll have recoved to play in the U21 game tomorrow, or the one a week tomorrow.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I don't want to sign another left back until we've had a chance to see what Max Lowe can do. Hopefully he'll have recoved to play in the U21 game tomorrow, or the one a week tomorrow.

Don't think he's anywhere near. 

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Where've you heard that? It's been most of the season and we were told January, so that's a blow if it's the case.

May have completely made it up but I swear I heard somewhere it's been delayed. 

11 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Where've you heard that? It's been most of the season and we were told January, so that's a blow if it's the case.

It's a fact it was on the radio 

Lowe is struggling with his hamstring injury. 

Nowhere near as he had a setback in November and it's still not right now  

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Defender-Max-Lowe-suffers-injury/story-28206419-detail/story.html

Lancashire Telegraph now reporting the transfer as imminent:

Derby County set to sign Blackburn Rovers left-back Markus Olsson

ON HIS WAY: Rovers left back Markus Olsson is expected to seal a move to Derby County this week

Paul Wheelock, Blackburn Rovers reporter / 1 hour ago /

BLACKBURN Rovers’ reigning player of the year Markus Olsson is set to sign for Championship rivals Derby County.

Olsson has six months remaining on his contract and, despite being in negotiations since before Paul Lambert’s arrival at Ewood Park, there has been no breakthrough in talks over a new deal.

That has led the club to agreeing to sell the left-back to the promotion-pushing Rams for a fee which is understood to have the potential to rise close to £1million.

Olsson travelled with the rest of the Rovers squad to Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Charlton Athletic and warmed-up on the pitch beforehand alongside his team-mates.

But afterwards his manager confirmed that the Sweden international, who has lost his place in the starting line-up to Tommy Spurr, was left off the bench as he has been the subject of a ‘really good’ offer.

Lambert, who took over from Gary Bowyer as Rovers boss in November, said: “Another club has come in.

“Obviously Markus is out of contract and, if we get the money, then it’s going to be a really good deal for the club because he is out of contract and he can walk away for nothing (in the summer).

“The money is good for somebody who is going to be out of contract.”

Olsson signed a two-and-a-half year deal after joining Rovers, where his twin brother Martin was already playing, on a free transfer from Halmstads BK in January 2012.

He was handed a new one-year contract in July 2014 after impressing in the absence of the injured Spurr in the final three games of the 2013-14 campaign.

With Spurr still sidelined Olsson made the left-back spot his own last season and he automatically triggered a new one-year deal, trying him to the club until July this year, after he made 23 league starts.

But Rovers have been unable to agree fresh terms with the 27-year-old and Derby, having had an enquiry turned down earlier in the current campaign, now appear to have got their man.

Lambert said: “It’s been ongoing since before I came in. It’s a situation I’ve come into but, with the Bosman ruling, we have to protect the club, and it’s a really good offer for somebody who is out of contract.

“I’ve come into something that was before my time and the first I knew of it was when I was spoke to him when I first come in here.

“I don’t know what’s happened before and it’d be wrong for me to be judgmental, on who was right and who was wrong, as it’s a situation I can’t do anything about.

“We’re getting good money for someone who is going to be out of contract.”

Lambert confirmed that if Olsson does leave he will add another left-back to a shortlist of January transfer targets that is headed by a creative midfielder.

Derby travel to Rovers’ rivals Burnley tonight.

It is expected they will complete the signing of Olsson later this week.

40 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Sounds like one or two may owe Bris an apology?

On that basis we should apologise to Nixon to, as he reported it very early on. No itk is 100%, and thus you can't expect them to get an apology every time they get it right. But all things considered, well done Bris, not just for this but for all the itks before, we as fans would be #@%$@ without rumours to make puns about 

Lucky guess by Nixon 2 months a go, must have looked at our squad and then at the possible left backs available. 

No way would Nixon be in the know at all as he never gets anything right, he only finds out about minor loan deals and staff changes. 

Remember all the players he's linked us with? if a club is actually interested in a player they always sign them 100%. There are never any issues where the asking price is too high, other clubs come in, the player isn't interested or the club just don't want to sell. What Sam wants Sam gets and all that. 

And Bris, well, the Butterfield thing and the Olsson bid was also a complete guess for clicks, would ignore everything he says, he's sat on some Mexican beach drinking Mojitos counting his $$$ from your clicks.

Warnock can't be expected to play every game in every competition (that we are still in) at his age. Getting some cover is the right thing to do. Not sure that Marcus will want to continue being second choice like he is at Rovers though.

37 minutes ago, toldu said:

Not what Lambert says..............he says they go back to before he took over...............(..when they were loan with a view to buy in Jan,)   PC is getting better at Manager Speak.

In Lambert's most recent comment where does he say it's Derby? He refers to an issue that was ongoing before he joined Blackburn but again where does it say it was us?

I hope we do get a left back in - Warnock needs a backup but too many people are reading in to comments what they want to see happening and not what is actually being said!

Archived