Music

DarkFruitsRam7

Hi all,

Not sure whether this has come up before, but I thought I would start a music thread anyway. What is everyone's favourite taste in music? Which artists do you particularly like? Personally, I like a bit of rock, with the Foo Fighters being my favourite band of all time, closely followed by Nirvana. I also like listening to classics such as The Beatles and The Rolling Stones. What does everyone else think?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Okay thanks, I apologise for my misunderstanding;)What is your taste in music then?

I like a bit of most stuff, but my current playlist is consisting of Raz Simone, Oddisee, Skyzoo, Joey Bada$$, Action Bronson, Atmosphere, Red Pill, Freddie Gibbs and more of that sort of ilk. So not expecting anyone on here to either have heard of any of these nor like any of it.

19 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Any footage?

I don't know should I go watch Moonspell or Egokills today. Propably latter as they are better live...but I haven't seen Moonspell in ages!

Sorry can't upload any footage from my phone, my internet is too slow. However, I can assure you that the Foo Fighters was incredible live, even though Dave Grohl was sitting in a chair due to his broken leg!

I'll listen to most things - with a heavy bias to the rock-ier end.

I've seen Radiohead, Manic Street Preachers, REM, Trivium, Avenged Sevenfold (x3), Royal Blood, Fall Out Boy (x2), Muse, Bullet for My Valentine, Atreyu, Nick Mulvey, Canterbury, Nero (x2), Pendulum (x2) - with Imagine Dragons, Muse, Foals, Everything Everything, and Macklemore/Ryan Lewis to come in the next 6 months.

1 minute ago, AnimalisaRam said:

I'll listen to most things - with a heavy bias to the rock-ier end.

I've seen Radiohead, Manic Street Preachers, REM, Trivium, Avenged Sevenfold (x3), Royal Blood, Fall Out Boy (x2), Muse, Bullet for My Valentine, Atreyu, Nick Mulvey, Canterbury, Nero (x2), Pendulum (x2) - with Imagine Dragons, Muse, Foals, Everything Everything, and Macklemore/Ryan Lewis to come in the next 6 months.

That's quite a collection! Royal Blood were supporting Foo Fighters at Milton Keynes and they were excellent. If their first album is anything to go by, I can see them getting really big. Iggy Pop also supported the Foo Fighters but the less said about him the better!

I listen to big variety of music but I suppose my favourite is influenced by the electronic/ industrial music of the 80's and early 90's, such as Depeche Mode, New Order, Nine Inch Nails, Human League etc.

There are a lot of German bands today who seem to model themselves on Depeche Mode at around the time of Violator (Enjoy the silence) era & my current favourite is "And One", though you have to be a bit selective with the tracks.

14 minutes ago, Cisse said:

Elvis, Ray Charles, Rod Stewart, Eagles. Dean Martin, Sam Cooke, Bruce Springsteen, Eros Ramazotti, Julio Iglesias and The Platters. Of course old time rock & roll, Motown, country and old jazz.

Disappointed Sissy... Thought you would be all Hanoi Rocks and Bombfunk MC's.... 

48 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

New Order's new album is outstanding.

Ahhhh...but..is it New Oder without Hooky?

Archived