Derby Day Half Fans/Ticketless Full Fans...

Philmycock

M5/M6/A74M most likely.

Do I leave the radio off and stay in ignorence until i can see the full 90, or do i leave deep finger nail imprints in the steering  wheel as I try to find out whats happening through the inane medium of five live?

yeah, I know, I'd be lucky to make quarter fan these days........

Hope everyone lucky enough to go to the game has a great time. the one time I made it to this on we lost 3-2, Commons being subbed at half time, 3 nil down, we own the second half, 2 goals and only time stopped us getting the third. gutted we lost but will never forget that second half. even lee croft looked decent.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Boycie said:

I'm watching it somewhere near West Bridgford.

Bloody daytripping half fan

1 hour ago, philmycock said:

Where are you watching the game? Me and my lot are thinking Sports Cafe or whatever it's called (former Rhode Island Diner), is it any good? Never been!

Good luck with that, there are plenty of screens but it gets unbelievably busy. I would suggest getting there at least an hour or two early if you want any sort of view.

13 minutes ago, -JW- said:

Bloody daytripping half fan

Good luck with that, there are plenty of screens but it gets unbelievably busy. I would suggest getting there at least an hour or two early if you want any sort of view.

Does it really get that busy!? Always been empty when I've driven past, spoke there'll be plastics everywhere in half & half shirts

11 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Does it really get that busy!? Always been empty when I've driven past, spoke there'll be plastics everywhere in half & half shirts

Well I've only been in after Derby games, and the queue for the bar is always 5 or 6 man deep. I imagine it will be most people's preferred choice to go on Friday.

Before I had chance to mention it, my missus apologised as she had arranged to go on a work's night out without telling me! I acted wounded and said she'owed me', I must be a better actor than I thought as I nearly overdid the wounded soldier act, cos she said it was fine and she'd cancel!! Nearly fell over myself being reasonable then.

Kevin Phillips on Sky Sports talking lot of sense, just another positive aspect of the club this year.

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Before I had chance to mention it, my missus apologised as she had arranged to go on a work's night out without telling me! I acted wounded and said she'owed me', I must be a better actor than I thought as I nearly overdid the wounded soldier act, cos she said it was fine and she'd cancel!! Nearly fell over myself being reasonable then.

Kevin Phillips on Sky Sports talking lot of sense, just another positive aspect of the club this year.

Play your cards right, you might get a Bradley off her.

With my partner's son - he can afford Sky! I converted him to a Rams fan 15 yrs ago when I first met him - he was 9. I took him to PP to see his first ever professional football match. Since then, he's been an avid fan of the Rams (and me!). His parents are prone to making unhelpful comments so he's reserved a couple of seats in the shed for them, should they become troublesome!

Archived