Scott Carson

Mafiabob

Late shout for Euro 2016? Don't see much competition about for the number 3 spot? He hasn't retired has he from Internationals?

Top Goalkeeper, great signing....

Saying all this means now that he will have a shocker in next three games.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Late shout for Euro 2016? Don't see much competition about for the number 3 spot? He hasn't retired has he from Internationals?

Top Goalkeeper, great signing....

Saying all this means now that he will have a shocker in next three games.

God no no no don't want him anywhere near England squad. 

This should be in the joke thread.

It just goes to show how much DCFC fans overrate their players. Firstly there's Will Hughes, now there's Scott Carson.

One swallow doesn't make a summer and Carson will need to do a lot more than have a few half decent games in order to even put himself even into the thoughts of an England call up.

7 hours ago, mcsilks said:

This should be in the joke thread.

It just goes to show how much DCFC fans overrate their players. Firstly there's Will Hughes, now there's Scott Carson.

One swallow doesn't make a summer and Carson will need to do a lot more than have a few half decent games in order to even put himself even into the thoughts of an England call up.

Or it just goes to show how you over react at the main issue I've got. I can't think of say 5 English goalkeepers that are ahead of him,

Think the point I'm trying to get across is that we haven't got a great deal to shout about in the Goalkeeper set up in England. 

Not or because he's had a few Decent games. I'm not over egging a good goalkeeper who has been international class in the past and is still only 30/31.

30 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Or it just goes to show how you over react at the main issue I've got. I can't think of say 5 English goalkeepers that are ahead of him,

Think the point I'm trying to get across is that we haven't got a great deal to shout about in the Goalkeeper set up in England. 

Not or because he's had a few Decent games. I'm not over egging a good goalkeeper who has been international class in the past and is still only 30/31.

He may well be 5th choice now as Fraser Forster is injured but to me, that is a sad inditement on the quality in depth of English goalkeepers.

We have one of the best in the world in Hart and one of the most promising in Butland. Forster is a quality keeper and then Heaton would then get the nod. 

Following that is a load of rather average dross (at International level).

Carson is fine playing at a league below the top level. 

Why is it when any Derby player gets a short run of form, they are suddenly amongst the best in the country. I was reading some other nonsense the other day about Thorne being one of the best if not the best defensive midfielders in the English game. 

It's all well and good playing half decent football in the second tier. Can they do it when they have to raise their game fivefold and play in the Premier League. Carson has struggled which is why he's had half a dozen clubs in recent years, none of whom have busted a gut to keep him. 

2 hours ago, mcsilks said:

He may well be 5th choice now as Fraser Forster is injured but to me, that is a sad inditement on the quality in depth of English goalkeepers.

We have one of the best in the world in Hart and one of the most promising in Butland. Forster is a quality keeper and then Heaton would then get the nod. 

Following that is a load of rather average dross (at International level).

Carson is fine playing at a league below the top level. 

Why is it when any Derby player gets a short run of form, they are suddenly amongst the best in the country. I was reading some other nonsense the other day about Thorne being one of the best if not the best defensive midfielders in the English game. 

It's all well and good playing half decent football in the second tier. Can they do it when they have to raise their game fivefold and play in the Premier League. Carson has struggled which is why he's had half a dozen clubs in recent years, none of whom have busted a gut to keep him. 

I was against the signing of Carson but so far he has proved me wrong. But the bit I have highlighted in bold inaccurate, we are his 4th club in 7 years. He was at WBA for 3 years, Buraspor for 2 and Wigan for 2. He struggled to hold down a place at Wigan towards the end of last season, but he has been 1st choice for a number of years. He did very well in Turkey after helping WBA to promotion.

1 minute ago, rynny said:

I was against the signing of Carson but so far he has proved me wrong. But the bit I have highlighted in bold inaccurate, we are his 4th club in 7 years. He was at WBA for 3 years, Buraspor for 2 and Wigan for 2. He struggled to hold down a place at Wigan towards the end of last season, but he has been 1st choice for a number of years. He did very well in Turkey after helping WBA to promotion.

What was inaccurate about suggesting those clubs haven't busted a gut to try and keep him?

If they rated him, they would have offered him lucrative contracts to persuade him to stay. They didn't hence him having 4 clubs in 7 years. That's quite a few, particularly for a position in which clubs really do like stability. 

Doesn't speak volumes about the player. 

Granted, he has done ok since he signed but nothing that I would suggest he should have a thread started suggesting he should be playing at International level.

32 minutes ago, mcsilks said:

What was inaccurate about suggesting those clubs haven't busted a gut to try and keep him?

If they rated him, they would have offered him lucrative contracts to persuade him to stay. They didn't hence him having 4 clubs in 7 years. That's quite a few, particularly for a position in which clubs really do like stability. 

Doesn't speak volumes about the player. 

Granted, he has done ok since he signed but nothing that I would suggest he should have a thread started suggesting he should be playing at International level.

think it was the half a dozen clubs in recent years when he's had 4 in 7 years.

and your comment about over rating players earlier is generally wide of the mark too. Some fans do, but pointing out there's not many keepers better than him isn't doing that.

personally I think he's not good enough for England, but he's a good keeper who is now behind a good defense which will aid his performances.

Are we not allowed to big up our players?

The players read the forum, it could fill them with a bit more confidence.

Mel Morris said slating the players online seriously effected them, so can we not blow a little smoke in their direction and try to have to opposite effect?

7 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Are we not allowed to big up our players?

The players read the forum, it could fill them with a bit more confidence.

Mel Morris said slating the players online seriously effected them, so can we not blow a little smoke in their direction and try to have to opposite effect?

I prefer a little objectivity. A spade is a spade. Why pretend that our players are any better than they actually are. 

20 minutes ago, davenportram said:

think it was the half a dozen clubs in recent years when he's had 4 in 7 years.

and your comment about over rating players earlier is generally wide of the mark too. Some fans do, but pointing out there's not many keepers better than him isn't doing that.

personally I think he's not good enough for England, but he's a good keeper who is now behind a good defense which will aid his performances.

It's actually 8 clubs in 9 years if you want to be factually correct. 

That's some traveling.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Some of our fans say our players are rubbish, other non Derby related people pick them to represent their country.

go figure?

Do some of of fans say our players are rubbish?

If they do, then they are not really fans are they....

A fan should support his team and support his players. You don't do that by saying they're rubbish.

Archived