Scott Carson

Mafiabob

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson has landed at the right club and will go from strength to strength. The best thing that I can say about Carson is that he does not look anything other than safe. Every goalkeeper drops a bongo from time to time but they tend to go in the net, unlike when other players drop a bongo. 

22 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Heaton wouldn't even be anywhere near the squad is Foster and Forster were fit, and he's the best keeper in the division

Agreed. I rate Forster and he still at a good age. Can't see him getting any caps soon though with Hart around and Butland looking ever more impressive week in week out.

Just now, mcsilks said:

Agreed. I rate Forster and he still at a good age. Can't see him getting any caps soon though with Hart around and Butland looking ever more impressive week in week out.

Seem to remember a fair few of our fans not enamoured with Butland either, especially his kicking.

1 hour ago, mcsilks said:

Really pleased to see Butland doing the business every week for Stoke. Although, I am quite surprised. He was good here, but he did make a few mistakes. Doesn't seem to be having those problems in the PL!

6 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Really pleased to see Butland doing the business every week for Stoke. Although, I am quite surprised. He was good here, but he did make a few mistakes. Doesn't seem to be having those problems in the PL!

Think its just confidence. He came into Derby with a fair bit of pressure - and it showed to start with, a few dodgy kicks.. a couple of games later and it looked like he'd been in that net since the start of the season.

2 hours ago, davenportram said:

having watched him live I think he communicates well with the defense, and has a strong sense of confidence about him.

When you sit directly behind him like you do Dav you'd be able to make that judgement.  

I sit in the east stand, so can't really hear what he's saying.

He's done well for us but England re-call? No chance.

He won't get in because:

1. He's not a PL keeper. Heaton wouldn't get in if he hadn't played in the PL before. He was called up as a PL keeper and just stayed there.

2. His past England experiences. Whether that's fair or not is another question but at 29 or whatever, Hodgson would probably look elsewhere.

3. He's not in the 3 top keepers in the country, simple as that.

My 3 keepers for Euro 2016 would be Hart, Butland and Forster. If any are unavailable for whatever reason then Alex McCarthy of Palace as the 4th choice.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

He's done well for us but England re-call? No chance.

He won't get in because:

1. He's not a PL keeper. Heaton wouldn't get in if he hadn't played in the PL before. He was called up as a PL keeper and just stayed there.

2. His past England experiences. Whether that's fair or not is another question but at 29 or whatever, Hodgson would probably look elsewhere.

3. He's not in the 3 top keepers in the country, simple as that.

My 3 keepers for Euro 2016 would be Hart, Butland and Forster. If any are unavailable for whatever reason then Alex McCarthy of Palace as the 4th choice.

Hasn't he been dropped by Palace?

Carson is great and certainly good enough for us when we go up next season but not as an England keeper as I think we are very well served with Hart, Forster and Butland.  We can add Foster to that list for the short term as well.  This means that a decent keeper will miss out.  Other keepers available include Ruddy, Heaton and Green who would probably be picked before Carson was even mentioned.

Worryingly, and on another matter, there doesn't seem much quality in the u21 goalkeeping department.

15 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Hasn't he been dropped by Palace?

Carson is great and certainly good enough for us when we go up next season but not as an England keeper as I think we are very well served with Hart, Forster and Butland.  We can add Foster to that list for the short term as well.  This means that a decent keeper will miss out.  Other keepers available include Ruddy, Heaton and Green who would probably be picked before Carson was even mentioned.

Worryingly, and on another matter, there doesn't seem much quality in the u21 goalkeeping department.

Not sure. I remember watching his PL season at QPR and he was quality. One of the best keeping performances I've seen v Liverpool I think? Just seen highlights of Palace this season, if he has been dropped then fair enough.

Archived