Scott Carson

Mafiabob

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, mcsilks said:

I prefer a little objectivity. A spade is a spade. Why pretend that our players are any better than they actually are. 

It's actually 8 clubs in 9 years if you want to be factually correct. 

That's some traveling.

wow is 9years recent. That's almost a third of his entire life, and includes his early 20's oh and not factually correct. He's only had 9 clubs in 13 years since becoming a senior player at Leeds. Including 3 loan spells.

wp_ss_20151030_0001.png

Mob mentality is a thing though, it's going to happen when frustration kicks in. I reckon Keogh had more stick last year for slipping from high standards than the likes of James O'Connor had for never having them.

For once we can take instruction from the bible. Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil. The more of us resist the temptation to moan and boo when things go wrong, the more isolated those voices are and the quicker the boo's die out. Here endeth the sermon.

4 hours ago, mcsilks said:

He may well be 5th choice now as Fraser Forster is injured but to me, that is a sad inditement on the quality in depth of English goalkeepers.

We have one of the best in the world in Hart and one of the most promising in Butland. Forster is a quality keeper and then Heaton would then get the nod. 

Following that is a load of rather average dross (at International level).

Carson is fine playing at a league below the top level. 

Why is it when any Derby player gets a short run of form, they are suddenly amongst the best in the country. I was reading some other nonsense the other day about Thorne being one of the best if not the best defensive midfielders in the English game. 

It's all well and good playing half decent football in the second tier. Can they do it when they have to raise their game fivefold and play in the Premier League. Carson has struggled which is why he's had half a dozen clubs in recent years, none of whom have busted a gut to keep him. 

That's the point of the original post... It is a sad indictment that Carson is as you say possibly on top 5 at the moment.

Where I would disagree with on him having a decent run for Derby he is suddenly a world beater, I'm the same as you on this. But I see your point on the "getting carried away" thing. Agree there is Derby fans that do get carried away.

47 minutes ago, mcsilks said:

Do some of of fans say our players are rubbish?

If they do, then they are not really fans are they....

A fan should support his team and support his players. You don't do that by saying they're rubbish.

I hear a lot of bad comments in the stands by people who pay there money and in some people's minds that gives them the right to comment.  Let alone people who don't go at all.

we all say things in the spur of the moment but also what's wrong with building them up a little?

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

wow is 9years recent. That's almost a third of his entire life, and includes his early 20's oh and not factually correct. He's only had 9 clubs in 13 years since becoming a senior player at Leeds. Including 3 loan spells.

wp_ss_20151030_0001.png

I said "it's 8 clubs in 9 years".

Now lets count shall we.

1. Liverpool   2. Sheff Wed    3. Charlton    4. Villa    5. West Brom    6. Bursaspor    7. Wigan    8. Derby

That is err.....8 clubs in 9 years. Some permanent, some loan.

What part of that fact are you having trouble with.

Either you can't count or you like to argue with simple facts. Maybe both.

Honestly......some people.....

1 minute ago, mcsilks said:

Now lets count shall we.

1. Liverpool   2. Sheff Wed    3. Charlton    4. Villa    5. West Brom    6. Bursaspor    7. Wigan    8. Derby

For example, Patrick Bamford has had 6 clubs in 4 years - does that make him a bit **** too?

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

I hear a lot of bad comments in the stands by people who pay there money and in some people's minds that gives them the right to comment.  Let alone people who don't go at all.

we all say things in the spur of the moment but also what's wrong with building them up a little?

If you are one of these fans that would prefer to build players up then great. Nothing wrong with that at all.

I just prefer to be a little more subjective.

You need to be subjective if all around you aren't.

The difference with being remote from the area is that you don't have to mix with the other local teams fans.

You can be subjective, but a life of defending your team against workmates and friends, sometimes makes you a little more pro your club,  in my opinion.

Yes they're not perfect, by they play for my club, and I wish for only one second that I could be in their shoes.

we can all dream

18 minutes ago, mcsilks said:

Now lets count shall we.

I don't know maybe the fact that since 2006 (9 years ago) he's played for 7 teams you've changed from recent years to pretty much his whole career.

26 minutes ago, Srg said:

For example, Patrick Bamford has had 6 clubs in 4 years - does that make him a bit **** too?

Sorry but have I said anywhere that Carson is a bit ****?

Another who likes to make things up. I stick to the facts.

You get around you guys...I'll give you that.

5 minutes ago, mcsilks said:

Sorry but have I said anywhere that Carson is a bit ****?

Another who likes to make things up. I stick to the facts.

You get around you guys...I'll give you that.

Your argument is centering around him having been at a fair number of clubs, my point is I don't see what relevance that has to anyones ability in this day and age.

6 minutes ago, davenportram said:

I know I'm splitting hairs but I don't see how 9 years can be classed as recent when it spans most of his career, but ill fall on my sword and accept I was wrong about the number of clubs he's been at during most of his career.

Yes, you're splitting hairs.

10 clubs in his 12 year career is a fair few clubs though, particularly for a keeper.

Going back the original point though, I hope he does get some International recognition again in the future as it will mean he will have had to be doing well at club level...hopefully at Derby.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Your argument is centering around him having been at a fair number of clubs, my point is I don't see what relevance that has to anyones ability in this day and age.

Yes. Thank you for clarifying that.

It does have a reference to someone's ability in his case though as if he were playing well at the clubs he was playing for, he would have been offered another deal or a better deal. He wasn't.

I rate Carson, I really do but i see him as a goalkeeping equivalent of McClaren. He accidentally won a few England caps and is seen by the rest of the footballing world as not particularly great hence he has ended up now plying his trade in the lower leagues.

1 minute ago, mcsilks said:

Yes, you're splitting hairs.

10 clubs in his 12 year career is a fair few clubs though, particularly for a keeper.

Going back the original point though, I hope he does get some International recognition again in the future as it will mean he will have had to be doing well at club level...hopefully at Derby.

now you need to count again, its 9 clubs in 13years - taking that he will be with us until the end of the season and we don't sell him. 1.Leeds, Liverpool, Wednesday,Charlton,Villa,wba,buraspor,Wigan and us.

wp_ss_20151030_0001.png

Archived