Brighton home game

admira

As a long distance season ticket holder that enjoys a pre match pint, I'm looking at getting advance train tickets for this game which is on December 12th as the sooner you buy them, the cheaper they are.

Does anyone know the latest date that Sky could announce this as a TV game and move the kick off please as the rail tickets are non refundable.? Is it 28 days before the original date?

Cheers

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cover your arse by booking the train to arrive at Friday tea time, in case it gets bought forward, book two nights in a hotel and get the Sunday train back. In the afternoon, in case it's moved to Sunday 1pm.

Nice idea but two nights in a hotel will kind of offset any savings in getting train tickets early!

How much advance notice does Sky give clubs when changing fixtures for TV?

The vast majority of the TV selections are made as a block months in advance.

However, not all selections can be made until the outcome of the League Cup and other Cup competitions throughout the season (FA cup for example) which often shortens the lead in time available.

In regard to the advance notice, there is no contracted minimum time limit but the aim is to give at least 28 days notice. Thankfully these occasions are the exception to the rule and not the norm so will therefore be kept to a minimum.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Football-League-spokesman-explains-s/story-27674138-detail/story.html#ixzz3pfRzknvb 

cover your arse by booking the train to arrive at Friday tea time, in case it gets bought forward, book two nights in a hotel and get the Sunday train back. In the afternoon, in case it's moved to Sunday 1pm.

might be safer to arrive thurs lunchtime and leave monday midnight

I have been scuppered a time or two by Sky and relatively late fixture moves. I accept now that the safest bet is to get a return ticket which certainly gives flexibility for the return trip, and allows you to use any train on the day of the outward leg.

I also book hotels which allow cancellation up to 24 hours before the booked time, through Booking.com. 

As a long distance season ticket holder that enjoys a pre match pint, I'm looking at getting advance train tickets for this game which is on December 12th as the sooner you buy them, the cheaper they are.

Does anyone know the latest date that Sky could announce this as a TV game and move the kick off please as the rail tickets are non refundable.? Is it 28 days before the original date?

Cheers

Book it within a week and it'll be 3pm kick off anyway. 

Archived